• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man after Cooper just screwed me in my Championship match I'm going nuts deciding on my QB. I was going to go with Palmer but I'm sorely tempted to go with Cousins for his huge game upside. He hasn't done quite as well on the road but the Eagles D is really depleted right now, D Jacks will want revenge and both he and Reed have great chemistry with Cousins right now. Am I nuts for thinking of playing him over Palmer?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
In the championship. Not sure if I should start Fitzpatrick or Rodgers. Rodgers hasn't done shit for me lately, but he might be due for a big game if he receivers can get open, which they haven't been able to do for shit. Leaning towards fitz but I'm conflicted.

In the championship, I have Brees, what am I supposed to Do with this game time decision on a 4pm game. I can play Cousins or Fitzpatrick as well. I am thinking Brees would be such a huge gamble but of course he has by far the biggest upside and if healthy was the safest bet.

Cousins has a game tonight, no decision on Brees will be made by then. I am more afraid of Brees trying to play then come out after a few drives.

So what would you do?

natjjohn

In the championship, I have Brees, what am I supposed to Do with this game time decision on a 4pm game. I can play Cousins or Fitzpatrick as well. I am thinking Brees would be such a huge gamble but of course he has by far the biggest upside and if healthy was the safest bet.

Cousins has a game tonight, no decision on Brees will be made by then. I am more afraid of Brees trying to play then come out after a few drives.

So what would you do?

Not play Brees

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

So what would you do?

Can't comment on Brees, but I'm making a call on Cousins over Fitzpatrick in my game.

FTF

Man, fuck Jordan Reed.

Hey Gronk, need you to step up big tomorrow for both the Pats and my fantasy team in the finals!

Pick three: Julio Jones, Brandin Cooks, Emmanuel Sanders, Tyler Lockett, and Kamar Aiken

Currently have Jones, Cooks, and Lockett going.

Championship game. Sanders is my question mark as he has been spotty. I feel Lockett will get the looks and Cooks is hard to bench with Brees being Brees.

Ptaaty

You can have your Gronkowski in the 1st. For my money best TE drafted in Fantasy is Jordan Reed, and I got him in the 7th round.

I picked Reed up as an FA after he was out on injury yet again...he was my Eifert (12th round) backup.

He has been really great the second half the season - then when I need him most in my championship game, he has his best of career.

I told my friend to play Cousins over Rodgers - looks like that was the right call.

minx

Up 20 points in a 2 week championship. Need two between AJ Green against the #1 pass defense in Denver, Christine Michael, James White and Cameron Artis-Payne.

XSikmm5.png

They call me Big Boss and I ain't worried 'bout nothing. Reed did the Lord's work tonight.

Reed might've won it for me. Jackson only got me 8, and my opponent had fucking Ertz who had 24 just off dinks and dunks. It's too close!

Im in the championship in my league. Rolled the dice and picked up Cousins yesterday and started him over Russell Wilson who Ive been riding for weeks. Feels good man. Oh yea I have Jordan Reed too...

Im in the championship in my league. Rolled the dice and picked up Cousins yesterday and started him over Russell Wilson who Ive been riding for weeks. Feels good man. Oh yea I have Jordan Reed too...

I picked up Cousins but didn't start him - benched him for Cam. I mainly grabbed Cousins specifically so my opponent couldn't use him (he has Wilson too).

Speely

Banned
Somehow made it to the very last in my league with the best record. Question:

Cardinals or Bengals defense? Hardest part of this game right now. I am legit torn.

Real Talk Fatford has a better matchup than Fraudgers. Even though AZ doesn't have Honey badger

I know.. And Rodgers really has been fraudgers lately with his performances. I am lucky I have dt and Johnson being awesome. I think I'm gonna put Fatford in. Surprisingly..

Also why is it that when I have Crabtree on the bench.. He goes off and amari gives me nothing. It's been like that for weeks where one has performed better on the bench than the other in my lineup.

Rant over.

Since Brees is starting, I -have- to start Cooks, right? My other choices are Kamar Aiken and Markus Wheaton. After DeSean kind of flopped I need a big run.

Championship game and I'm really torn between Stafford and Cousins. Got a few hours to decide. PHI pass defense is atrocious wrt to giving up touchdowns, but playing on the road on a shortened week with NFC East on line, I just don't know.

I benched Stafford about an hour before the WAS game, and thank god. Cousins already has me up 40.

that was my predicament and I went with stafford. cousins might light it up again but this is a huge game for both philly and washington. I expect both defenses to step it up. also stafford against san fran should be a great match up for him.

Hope you rethought that :(

That's the logic I usually use. If projected to lose, gotta leverage up.

I'm projected to win by like 10, but it's close. Basically if Wilson or Johnson goes ham, I lose. If Cam or Denard go ham, I win.

Normally, I'd be pissed that I didn't start Cousins, but I grabbed him specifically to block, so it's fine.

FTF

Am I crazy for leaning towards playing James White over Gurley? It's a 1 ppr league and with Edelman and Amedola both out I think white gets at least 5 catches and lots of looks. Plus Gurley is going against Seattle in Seattle. What say you gaf?? ( My other running back is Denard Robinson as Ingram and Stewart have both gone down in the last couple weeks :/ )

prag16

Banned
Am I crazy for leaning towards playing James White over Gurley? It's a 1 ppr league and with Edelman and Amedola both out I think white gets at least 5 catches and lots of looks. Plus Gurley is going against Seattle in Seattle. What say you gaf?? ( My other running back is Denard Robinson as Ingram and Stewart have both gone down in the last couple weeks :/ )
I'm starting Artis-Payne over Gurley in one league. So nah not totally crazy.

Speaking of benching "studs", I wish I had some options in order to put Megatron on the bench. With Beckham suspended though, I have no depth. LaFell is the only somewhat viable replacement and he's hard to trust.

Call me crazy but almost considering benching him for Will Tye...

Ptaaty

You start your studs but Seattle is a touch matchup and White is definitely a plus for PPR. Fantasy pros ECR agrees with playing White this week (7 vs 14 or so).

Put this another way - St Louis might not have much of an offense at all today - while White will be integral to New England due to Edelman/Amendola/Lewis/Blount all out.

Ptaaty

I'm starting Artis-Payne over Gurley in one league. So nah not totally crazy.

Speaking of benching "studs", I wish I had some options in order to put Megatron on the bench. With Beckham suspended though, I have no depth. LaFell is the only somewhat viable replacement and he's hard to trust.

Call me crazy but almost considering benching him for Will Tye...

Play Megatron over Tye and Lafell - come on. I know he has been terrible lately but he is about due for a TD at least. At least Megatron CAN have a good game....those other two on their best day only hit megatrons average (last two weeks are an outlier I think).

Megatron is not the player he was, but still has size and hands, has 1000 yards and a 3TD game this season.

SonnyBoy

AJ Green
Julio Jones
Emmanuel Sanders
Martavis Bryant

Gentleman, who do I start today? Bryant should get some solid #'s off of the Ravens defense. However, the QB/matchup situations with the other three are murky at best.

Thankfully after losing Andy Dalton a few weeks ago, I picked up Kirk Cousins. Paired with Jordan Reed, I have a healthy lead going into today. I'm undefeated in my league and this is the championship game. Help me GAF brethren.

ColdPizza

Banned
Hmmm..Langford is in committee, and Wheaton is pretty steady. If it's PPR, Wheaton, I suppose?

Not PPR. Langford is projected for 2 points more but Wheaton has been trending strong while Langford is trending a little weak now that forte is back. I'm leaning towards Wheaton with how awful Ravens are and Ben is hot, but this is a still a rivalry matchup so I don't discount that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom