• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

So Johnson from the Cardinals, he has a chance to be the starter next year? or does he go back to 2nd string when Ellington returns?
Ellington isn't a threat to bump him down to 2nd string.
It is possible they use Ellington as a 3rd down / change of pace option, though.

I'm gonna go 0-2 in my matchups this week. Ran into Cam Newton in one matchup (really wish I had done more than entertain grabbing and starting Cousins and Riddick a couple days ago). In the other, I'm down 22 points with Stafford left to play against the sieve that is the Saints defense and my opponent still armed with Hightower. I get 6 points per passing TD in this league so QB scoring goes a long way but I pretty much need a 4 or 5 TD performance out of Stafford and for the Lions D to show up to have any sort of chance. Not liking my odds there. Really got screwed in the WR1 department as Antonio Brown made a mockery of the Broncos defense for my opponent while Jeffery went down with an injury for me.

Skele7on

Banned
woke up this morning Johnson 40 fucking points.

Smiled, drank coffee, furiously texted the whatsapp group proclaiming being the new king.

Ellington isn't a threat to bump him down to 2nd string.
It is possible they use Ellington as a 3rd down / change of pace option, though.

I'm gonna go 0-2 in my matchups this week. Ran into Cam Newton in one matchup (really wish I had done more than entertain grabbing and starting Cousins and Riddick a couple days ago). In the other, I'm down 22 points with Stafford left to play against the sieve that is the Saints defense and my opponent still armed with Hightower. I get 6 points per passing TD in this league so QB scoring goes a long way but I pretty much need a 4 or 5 TD performance out of Stafford and for the Lions D to show up to have any sort of chance. Not liking my odds there. Really got screwed in the WR1 department as Antonio Brown made a mockery of the Broncos defense for my opponent while Jeffery went down with an injury for me.

Good to hear, my keeper choices are pretty limited, so If Johnson has a shot next year at the starting job, I might hold onto him.

TylerD

Antonio Brown's huge day may have saved my season. Need 54 and have Palmer, D Johnson, John Brown, Cards DST, and Catanzaro to go. Hope Philly's D is bad tonight

Meh, I would have won anyway. My 5 Cards combined for 97.66

Hell of a performance from David Johnson.

nillapuddin

So I didnt keep track of the night game, but holy shit David Johnson, what on earth did he do?!

I havent scored over 170 all year, and then this, PEAKING!!

BEpRWlf.png

Badosh

Well, I've already set the league's scoring record this week, and still have Hightower left. Too bad it's a meaningless game.

nillapuddin

Well, I've already set the league's scoring record this week, and still have Hightower left. Too bad it's a meaningless game.

damn nice, what do you have so far?

Also, I didnt see what OBJ was doing, but apparently he went nuts yesterday?

He is on my to be championship opponents team, and if he is maybe suspended or something... lets just say I wouldnt hate that.

Badosh

damn nice, what do you have so far?

Also, I didnt see what OBJ was doing, but apparently he went nuts yesterday?

He is on my to be championship opponents team, and if he is maybe suspended or something... lets just say I wouldnt hate that.

182, last record was 159, which I also set, lol.

OBJ was just being an idiot. Unnecessary hits, terrible play, throwing punches, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's suspended for 1 game.

Tom Nook

182, last record was 159, which I also set, lol.

OBJ was just being an idiot. Unnecessary hits, terrible play, throwing punches, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's suspended for 1 game.

Suspended for the remainder of the season :(

BREAKING: Odell Beckham Jr. Has been suspended for the remainder of the NFL season (Via @AdamSchefter )

Opponent had Johnson, so I will most likely lose our 2 week championship. At least I'll still win $200.

Gotta say, I can't wait for this season to end. I didn't enjoy FF at all this year and will try to resist the temptation to do it again next year. I just want to watch a football game in peace and not worry about individual players, lol.

prag16

Banned
yea but he'll probably appeal no? how fast is appeal turnaround

In cases like this it can be fast, almost immediate. I think Aqib Talib had an appeal denied the same day (or next day) recently.

Looks like I'm going into battle without him next week in two leagues with at least $350 on the line, but possibly as much as $625. Replacements aren't looking fantastic... Matt Jones or Theo Riddick in 1/2 ppr league, and in standard league Travis Benjamin or an FA pickup (Boldin probably best available).

In cases like this it can be fast, almost immediate. I think Aqib Talib had an appeal denied the same day (or next day) recently.

Looks like I'm going into battle without him next week in two leagues with at least $350 on the line, but possibly as much as $625. Replacements aren't looking fantastic... Matt Jones or Theo Riddick in 1/2 ppr league, and in standard league Travis Benjamin or an FA pickup (Boldin probably best available).
$625? Shit next year I'm doing multiple league again.

UberTag

$625? Shit next year I'm doing multiple league again.
Putting all of your eggs in a single fantasy basket is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Also, GAF is getting cheap with fantasy money leagues when we've got a single guy dominating all of them and people actively bragging in here about their winnings in non-GAF money leagues elsewhere.

Why can't we have more high stakes GAF fantasy football leagues? People clearly have the money for them and yet are going elsewhere for their fantasy fix.

Gotta say, I can't wait for this season to end. I didn't enjoy FF at all this year and will try to resist the temptation to do it again next year. I just want to watch a football game in peace and not worry about individual players, lol.
General consensus from most fantasy diehards and stalwarts is that this has been the least fun fantasy football season in memory. Suspect it's going to drive more people to dailies and DraftKings which is a shame.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I won my fantasy championship!! By one fucking point!!

I just hope some last minute scoring adjustment/correction doesn't fuck me or I'm out 200 bucks...

image.png

prag16

Banned
Putting all of your eggs in a single fantasy basket is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Also, GAF is getting cheap with fantasy money leagues when we've got a single guy dominating all of them and people actively bragging in here about their winnings in non-GAF money leagues elsewhere.

Why can't we have more high stakes GAF fantasy football leagues? People clearly have the money for them and yet are going elsewhere for their fantasy fix.

General consensus from most fantasy diehards and stalwarts is that this has been the least fun fantasy football season in memory. Suspect it's going to drive more people to dailies and DraftKings which is a shame.
How many gaf leagues are there and what are the stakes? I'd be up for something next year.

The main reason I'm in so many leagues is because one league is $300 buy in and I don't like having more than half my exposure being one league.

UberTag

How many gaf leagues are there and what are the stakes? I'd be up for something next year.
No Quitters is the longest running (going on 7 years) and has an affordable $65 buy-in.
There are a handful of others, though... but I believe that's as pricey as they get (albeit for a 16-team league).

That's interesting...I wasn't sure if I was just experiencing FF fatigue, but I've only been at this for 3 years. And I will never do dailies/draft kings.

The # of injuries this year sure didn't help...or whatever the hell happened to the big name RBs. But I just can't figure out why I don't find it fun anymore.

All 3 of my leagues are buy-in, just to keep people focused. One is a keeper, which helps

Lots of injuries but ultimately a fun season. I guess my perspective is a bit jaded though

Down three, going into tonight with Tate. Opponent has Megatron (who is injured). I'm feeling confident.
Calvin Johnson (ankle) is listed as questionable for Week 15.

Johnson sat out Saturday's practice, but there's no concern over his status. He's been playing through questionable tags the last month. Johnson is a top-five option against the Saints on Monday night.
He's fine.

wbsmcs

Up 29 going into tonight.

I have Ben Watson and my opponent has Stafford, Hightower, and Prater.

Not liking my chances...

prag16

Banned
In my main league, I'm down 25 with Stafford and Megatron going, against Watson. Feel decent about it, but far from a lock.
That's interesting...I wasn't sure if I was just experiencing FF fatigue, but I've only been at this for 3 years. And I will never do dailies/draft kings.

The # of injuries this year sure didn't help...or whatever the hell happened to the big name RBs. But I just can't figure out why I don't find it fun anymore.
I had a good time this year, though making the semifinals in six out of seven leagues helps with that (and the seventh I was #1 in standings and points and lost to the damn 6-7 #8 seed last week... couldn't quite squeak past the lucky Ginn/Crowell explosion).

Definitely more key injuries than usual. A TON of high draft picks that turned out worthless.

prag16

Banned
No Quitters is the longest running (going on 7 years) and has an affordable $65 buy-in.
There are a handful of others, though... but I believe that's as pricey as they get (albeit for a 16-team league).
If there was interest I'd definitely be up for something bigger, $100, $150 whatever.

Well, maybe I'll still come in third. Was a good season and I won my buy in back ($150) after getting highest points 3 times. Just sucks I left like 60 points on the bench in a playoff weekend because I started Amendola over Woodhead and Fitzgerald over Aiken, but what reason did I have not to? Hindsight and all that.

Will still end up with highest total points by probably 200+. Kind of like a personal consolation prize for me.

It looks like the manager of our league will end up winning. Don't know how I feel about that. I WANNA SEE THE RECEIPTS.

Dosia

Put up 161 in standard this week but got bounced last week. This is 3 yrs in a row where I got bounced early but beast the following games and all season. Fuck

Apath

That garbage time Watson TD saved my season. I actually gave up before the half with Golden Tate putting up 18 and Hightower + Watson combining for like.. 3.50 points. Everyone in my league was shocked and I won with less than a 4 point margin of victory.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Think about the entire first and second rounds of drafts and how they underperfomed either by injury, or injury to their QB.

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/adp/overall.php

12 team league the average first 24 picks

Code:
1	Adrian Peterson MIN, 5 	RB1	1	1	1	1	1	1	1.0
2	Le'Veon Bell PIT, 11 	RB2	5	3	4	2	2	2	3.0
3	Eddie Lacy GB, 7 	RB3	4	2	2	3	3	4	3.0
4	Jamaal Charles KC, 9 	RB4	2	4	3	4	4	3	3.3
5	Marshawn Lynch SEA, 9 	RB5	3	5	5	5	5	6	4.8
6	Antonio Brown PIT, 11 	WR1	6	6	7	6	8	8	6.8
7	Dez Bryant DAL, 6 	WR2	7	13	13	8	11	9	10.2
8	Andrew Luck IND, 10 	QB1	14	14	6	11	15	5	10.8
9	Matt Forte CHI, 7 	RB6	15	9	8	16	7	10	10.8
10	C.J. Anderson DEN, 7 	RB7	17	7	9	7	13	15	11.3
11	DeMarco Murray PHI, 8 	RB8	11	8	10	14	17	12	12.0
12	Rob Gronkowski NE, 4 	TE1	8	12	14	13	10	16	12.2
13	Aaron Rodgers GB, 7 	QB2	18	10	11	22	6	7	12.3
14	Demaryius Thomas DEN, 7 	WR3	10	11	12	12	19	11	12.5
15	Jeremy Hill CIN, 7 	RB9	12	18	17	10	9	18	14.0
16	Julio Jones ATL, 10 	WR4	13	16	16	9	16	14	14.0
17	Odell Beckham Jr. NYG, 11 	WR5	9	17	15	15	18	13	14.5
18	Calvin Johnson DET, 9 	WR6	16	19	18	17	14	17	16.8
19	LeSean McCoy BUF, 8 	RB10	21	15	21	20	12	19	18.0
20	Randall Cobb GB, 7 	WR7	22	21	19	18	21	21	20.3
21	A.J. Green CIN, 7 	WR8	20	20	23	19	20	20	20.3
22	T.Y. Hilton IND, 10 	WR9	25	22	25	24	24	25	24.2
23	Justin Forsett BAL, 9 	RB11	24	31	22	21	26	23	24.5
24	Alshon Jeffery CHI, 7 	WR10	23	23	30	28	22	26	25.3

Tom Nook

Well, my season is done, lost in semis after a 10 game win streak in the season. Just 10pts shy to the comeback I had hope for. Cam, Watkins, and NE DEF is what killed me. :(

Damn it Brees! I could've had a chance if tried a Hail Mary to tie the game.

Great season.

Ptaaty

Does anyone start Calvin Johnson, Lamar Miller or Eddie Lacy for the last game?

Johnson has only a couple double digits the entire year - and getting one catch 2 weeks in a row (only 1 target!!)...almost have to sit regardless of lineup.

Lamar Miller - this appears to be some combo of injury and Miami moving on / kicking tires on other RBs. Two weeks completely outsnapped - very hard to sit in another plus matchup - but I am thinking C West (even in timeshare) is better.

Lacy - nothing to say.

Does anyone start Calvin Johnson, Lamar Miller or Eddie Lacy for the last game?

Johnson has only a couple double digits the entire year - and getting one catch 2 weeks in a row (only 1 target!!)...almost have to sit regardless of lineup.

Lamar Miller - this appears to be some combo of injury and Miami moving on / kicking tires on other RBs. Two weeks completely outsnapped - very hard to sit in another plus matchup - but I am thinking C West (even in timeshare) is better.

Lacy - nothing to say.

Likely to start Lamar Miller unless the injury reports change. I am waiting to see what happens with TJ Yeldon's status. To be honest it's a great matchup so if Lamar is ready to go I think he can do some damage against the Mettenberger Titans, which are clearly far worse than the Chargers wreckage.

Lacy I would not start unless desperate. I think Megatron is a high-upside play (certainly over Lacy) but yeah, completely useless lately. Flex option.

Nospaceinmyname

Neo Member
Made it the final round in 1/4 leagues, for this week I need to pick 2 RBs and a Flex. My options are Tim Hightower, Dennard Robinson, Latavius Murray and Alshon Jeffery. Help me Gaf!

Forgot to add, I currently have Todd Gurley starting against Seattle next week, so in essence I'm asking if I should keep him in? If so then I'd need to pick 1 RB and a flex out of the bunch mentioned above.

Going to my first championship! I owe it all to Megatron with his 1 catch. Thanks for sucking, CJ.
I wonder if next year we finally see Megatron drop out of the first two rounds of 14-16 team drafts. Injuries are sapping his explosion, and though they said he's fine it looked like the ankle injury was bothering him yesterday.

I wonder if next year we finally see Megatron drop out of the first two rounds of 14-16 team drafts. Injuries are sapping his explosion, and though they said he's fine it looked like the ankle injury was bothering him yesterday.

I really think it depends on if the Lions cut him. He's due a huge salary next season, but obviously could get work on a lot of other teams. The Lions themselves are about to go through some management changes, but I could see his value going up if he leaves.

I really think it depends on if the Lions cut him. He's due a huge salary next season, but obviously could get work on a lot of other teams. The Lions themselves are about to go through some management changes, but I could see his value going up if he leaves.

His value will only go up if he plays alongside another big time receiver. As of right now, he is nothing more than a decoy to draw double teams. He is no longer trusted to go up and get the ball if it's thrown to him in double coverage. Just my observation...

yeah im definitely thinking of benching calvin johnson. his two recent terrible performances didnt stop me from reaching the final but another terribad performance may cost me 200. think im gonna stick with michael floyd, decker, watkins and cooks as my receivers

edit: i was looking at the top performing rbs in my league by avt pt scored and 4/5 were on IR. its been a bad year for injuries. more so than before imo

Apath

Likely to start Lamar Miller unless the injury reports change. I am waiting to see what happens with TJ Yeldon's status. To be honest it's a great matchup so if Lamar is ready to go I think he can do some damage against the Mettenberger Titans, which are clearly far worse than the Chargers wreckage.

Lacy I would not start unless desperate. I think Megatron is a high-upside play (certainly over Lacy) but yeah, completely useless lately. Flex option.
I'm going with Lamar. I put in a claim for his handcuff in case he happens to be out.

The dude is a beast and deserves better than Miami's inept coaching staff.

Ramma2

Going into the Championship with Brees, Bortles, and Fitzpatrick to choose from. I don't think I can rely on Brees to play a full game even if he decides to play, and I'm leaning towards Bortles since they're going up against the Saints.

Any other advice I should consider?

SonnyBoy

So, I've managed to go undefeated thus far in my league. Due to injury and other factors, I have some tough matchups this week.

Julio Jones - Going up against Carolina...
Martavus Bryant - The best matchup, as he's going against Baltimore.
AJ Green - I dont know what to expect without Dalton in the lineup and against Denver.
Emmanuel Sanders - Hasn't done sh*t since Peyton got hurt but exploded last week.

Currently I have everyone but Green starting. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom