• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- its that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking Bad

tumblr_mbr61opczL1qgstflo1_1349999293_cover.png

tumblr_mdl9nvGL9n1ra4ssmo1_1280.jpg

Alien Resurrection

tumblr_l59104GBLZ1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

raymond-cruz-03.jpg

That girl to the right is sorta famous too.
ocD2iPE.jpg
Yeah I knew Jennifer Lopez was a Fly Girl, but that was the first I saw of Carrie Ann.

She was also one of the Fook twins in Austin Power in Goldmember which I think was posted already at some point in this thread.

explodet

This is probably only mindblowing to me... but in an episode of Community LeVar Burton was gueststarring.

I only knew him as Geordi LaForge.

http://www.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/lavar-burton.jpg

But as mentioned in community he also played Kunta Kinte in Roots (which I watched a kid :O

http://www.starscolor.com/images/levar-burton-06.jpg
More fish for Kunta!

We never got Reading Rainbow where I was when I was a kid, so the RR/TNG link never occurred to me.

element

Not really a holy shit, but watching Trading Places and noticed Giancarlo Esposito (Gus from Breaking Bad) in a bit part.

j4wvASRNQZFwu.jpg

element

While not actor based. this is kind of mind blowing.

Every Pixar movie has a tease of the next movie they are working on.

Monsters-Inc-Nemo-web.jpg

Nemo in Monsters Inc

Finding-Nemo-Incredibles-we.jpg

Mr. Incredible comic in Finding Nemo

brave-eggs-2.jpg

Sully from Monsters Inc carved into wood in Brave.

I guess Pixar does all types of easter eggs.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'm sure a lot of people know in here already, but Jennifer Lopez, the actress/artist/Idol judge we all know today, was a Fly Girl for the Wayans sketch comedy In Living Color back in the early 90s:

jennifer-lopez-fly.jpg

(She's bottom-center)
Funny thing is Rosie Perez (White Men Can't Jump) was the choreographer of the Fly Girls

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kirk Baily played Magnus Hanson (Seven of Nine's Father) in a few episodes of Star Trek: Voyager

Magnus_hansen.jpg

636px-Magnus_Hansen_borg.jpg

I knew I recognized him from somewhere, and it really did blow my mind.

It's Kevin "ug" lee

omYQ4rs.jpg

jonezer4

This may have been covered already, but I had no idea the woman that plays Virginia on Raising Hope (Martha Plimpton) was the geeky girl in Goonies until she made a meta joke last episode about it.

images

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
This may have been covered already, but I had no idea the woman that plays Virginia on Raising Hope (Martha Plimpton) was the geeky girl in Goonies until she made a meta joke last episode about it.

Martha-Plimpton-as-Stef-the-goonies-28596048-583-453.jpg

Also the girlfriend of Keanu in Parenthood.

Nemo in Monsters Inc

brave-eggs-2.jpg

Wait - that means Monsters, Inc 2 will be their next release?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Nemo in Monsters Inc

brave-eggs-2.jpg

Mind blown. Amazing.

Chopper

Not sure if mind blowing, but the guy on the right, Lloyd Bridges (fantastic actor), who played one of the Mandelbaums in Seinfeld

lb4.JPG

is the father of Beau Bridges

beau-bridges.jpg

and Jeff Bridges.

Jeff-Bridges-9225949-1-402.jpg
I had no idea Lloyd was Jeff and Beau's dad. That is awesome.

Nemo in Monsters Inc

brave-eggs-2.jpg

They also have the Pizza Planet truck in all their movies, including Brave.
ACbleCY.jpg

Not really a mindblowing actor stuff per se, but this information about this scene of "Life of Brian" is hilarious:

Knowing that the soldiers' actors were told they would be sacked if they didn't keep straight faces makes this scene all the more hilarious. And they weren't shown the script before, neither.

Burt

Was just watching Braveheart, IMDB'd it, and this guy:
Braveheart.jpg

is this guy:

008WTD_David_O_Hara_005.jpg

First thing I've seen in a long time that really blew my mind, especially cause in Braveheart he doesn't sound like he does in the rest of his movies, aka someone who's been smoking 4 packs a day for 50 years.

The very excited mugger in "The Fifth Element" who tries to steal from Corben Dallas is French actor Mathieu Kassovitz. He directed "La Haine" and "The Crimson Rivers" amongst others and was acting in movies like "Amélie" and "Munich".

Never noticed it before that this is him.

Picture of him in "Amélie":

AmelieNino3.jpg

TUROK

The very excited mugger in "The Fifth Element" who tries to steal from Corben Dallas is French actor Mathieu Kassovitz. He directed "La Haine" and "The Crimson Rivers" amongst others and was acting in movies like "Amélie" and "Munich".

Never noticed it before that this is him.
This is awesome. I never would have thought by just looking at him that he was an amazing director.

Akahige

I started watching Red Dwarf this week and a slightly chubby Craig Ferguson showed up in one of the episodes with a terrible American accent, he sounded Norwegian.
H9PXcRW.jpg

Gila

I'm not sure if I'd classify many of these as "Mindblowing". Eg) the Emma Stone or Viggo one, it's simply them in their early years of the profession - taking whatever role they can get I'm guessing. We're just used to seeing their faces now in the spotlight that when we see them in older material it "whoa's" us..

The pixar, I'd say is mindblowing.

But then again, to each their own.

Croc

Banned
I'm not sure if I'd classify many of these as "Mindblowing". Eg) the Emma Stone or Viggo one, it's simply them in their early years of the profession - taking whatever role they can get I'm guessing. We're just used to seeing their faces now in the spotlight that when we see them in older material it "whoa's" us..

The pixar, I'd say is mindblowing.

But then again, to each their own.

I dunno, for me specifically it's pretty mindblowing to see actors/actresses I only know from modern stuff in things that are 10+ years old. Malcolm in the Middle especially since I used to watch that when it first aired when I was just a kid. So it's really weird for me to remember some of these episodes but being surprised to see that I now know who the person is (like the Jerry from Parks and Rec one).

Cth

I was watching School of Rock with my daughter tonight and one of the kids looked familar, so I did a quick google check.

SCHOOL OF ROCK:
Summer_Hathaway.jpg

iCARLY:
ISoundtrack-2-ICarly-Miranda-Cosgrove.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom