• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzim

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
This is what i'm talking about. Here's a Prologue capture from Eiger that IGN made

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/856/856100/gran-turismo-5-prologue-20080229024822785.jpg[img]

And this is TaxiGamer's capture

[IMG]http://imgur.com/sM4ig.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I think IGN uses component cables and shitty PS3 output settings.

Patrick Bateman said:
How much?
I guess 200-300 for the wheel and another 150 for the stand.

edit: The Fanatec Wheelstand is €120 atm.

SolidSnakex said:
B-Spec is largely built for those that aren't good at racing games. It gives them something that they can still interact with without having to actually control the cars.
Doesn't really answer the question.

-viper- said:
Can you fast forward B-Spec mode like in GT4?

Looks too boring to simply watch your driver race around the track at normal speed.

B-Spec is largely built for those that aren't good at racing games. It gives them something that they can still interact with without having to actually control the cars.

-viper-

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Can you fast forward it though? I know there is a trophy requirement for B Spec mode so thats probably the only reason I'm going to do it :p

G Rom

Thank you to all the viewers on JTV.

And thank you for all your messages about quality.
This is an area we particularly care about, to objectively show games at their best...

MrPliskin

Banned
Seep said:
Well it doesn't matter now anyway.

No but I just wont spend my money on something which has screen tearing, not in this day and age.

If you went to the pictures to see a movie and there was screen tearing would you be happy?
If you bought a new Ferrari and the engine kept misfiring would you accept it and carry on?

I don't buy games with screen tearing I find it lazy, ugly and it breaks the game for me, but let's not de-rail this thread any further I'm out.
"Derp I find it lazy derp derp they should have skipped a few episodes of friends to fix it derp"

I love when people explain the process of development as "lazy" because they're too fucking braind dead / brainwashed to know any better.

Backfoggen said:
You people sure that ShopTo already shipped the copies? Maybe they just prepared them for release date shipping.

:(

FIRST CLASS COMPLETED. :D

Although, I'm in Continental Europe so I won't get the game until Friday most likely... :(

Ok USA GAF let's get our shit together. One of us needs to get a copy today. I am spamming the mom and pop shops around noon when they all open.

Attention G25 owners considering upgrading to the G27. Do it if you can.
Got to use my G27 last night in F12010 and GT5P,my god so silky smooth. The FF feels much cleaner and refined not to mention a hell of a lot quieter. H shift is way better, led lights is a nice touch and adjustable pedal plates helps for heel toe.

As a bonus you can sell your G25 easily for $150 if not more right now cause everyone is desperate for a wheel.

Mmmm love my G27,now I just need GT5 damn it!

MrPliskin

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Speak for yourself, B-Spec was made to grind credits for me :p Web Racing will almost certainly be the death of my grades, lol.

thechemist

Shopto staff are working overtime this weekend, shipping ONLY GT5 copies, so I believe copies which are despatched are actually being sent out.

Retailer ShopTo has told IncGamers it has asked its staff to work throughout this weekend as it prepares to send out orders for what it has described as ‘our biggest ever pre-order’.

The online store, which previously told IncGamers it has seen pre-orders ‘go through the roof’, said today: “Our first consignment of Gran Turismo 5 will be arriving at our warehouse Saturday morning”.

Speaking to IncGamers, ShopTo’s Phil Driver said GT5: “Will be our biggest PS3 game of the year, we are still taking more pre-orders every day at the moment, it also looks like it might be our biggest every pre-order.

“We are very confident that we can fulfill all orders for release day. All our warehouse staff are coming in over the weekend and working double shifts.”

Driver also confirmed that the retailer’s warehouse staff will be working solely on GT5 this weekend, stating: “Over the weekend they will only be working on GT5.”

Mik2121

Is the game really installing each circuit? Because it seems to take quite a bit to load each one. I guess there's some game install that makes the loading times shorter?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
"Driver also confirmed that the retailer’s warehouse staff will be working solely on GT5 this weekend, stating: “Over the weekend they will only be working on GT5.”

That's crazy, just working on dispatching GT5 the whole weekend :lol , the 'salesage' part of me is so eager to see what the figures will be next month.

h3ro

Mik2121 said:
Is the game really installing each circuit? Because it seems to take quite a bit to load each one. I guess there's some game install that makes the loading times shorter?

Yeah, there is an 10GB optional install upfront that does all that in one shot. It's all in the OP, check it out.

Lagspike_exe said:
FIRST CLASS COMPLETED. :D

Although, I'm in Continental Europe so I won't get the game until Friday most likely... :(
Same lol. Never ordered from ShopTo before but if they actually take the shipping duration into account when shipping to mainland Europe I'd definitely keep my eyes on them in the future.

Mik2121

I wonder how well will this game do here in Japan?. I'm surely buying it, though not having a wheel kind of makes me sad :(

h3ro said:
Yeah, there is an 10GB optional install upfront that does all that in one shot. It's all in the OP, check it out.

Ahh sorry, my bad. I just read some parts of the OP but didn't notice this. Thanks! :)

Anyway, 10Gb.. damn. I have a few games installed that I never play so I guess I'll be deleting some stuff before buying this game.

Angst

h3ro said:
Note to self: Buy GTi early on.
If you want boring races, yes. Or maybe it's tuned?

Being in the first place before even half of the first lap is complete and then winning by 5 seconds isn't exactly exciting...

G Rom

zoukka said:
Has the taxi guy installed the whole package?
We didn't do a complete install.
Apparently the game copies each new loaded elements to the HDD.
On the next load it uses the HDD cache.

zoukka

Angst said:

Being in the first place before even half of the first lap is complete and then winning by 5 seconds isn't exactly exciting...

For most people, winning with huge lead IS satisfying no matter the genre. I'm in the complete opposite :b

-viper-

Banned
Angst said:

Yes it is.

I find it more exciting when I have a lead of 5-10 seconds.

It's more fun when you're in the lead.

Angst

zoukka said:
For most people, winning with huge lead IS satisfying no matter the genre. I'm in the complete opposite :b
Same here. I played GT5P earlier and after making a huge mistake in the first corner on Daytona Road Course (and then fiddling around with my wheel for 30 seconds) I managed to get back to second place before the race was over. That kind of satisfaction is what I'm looking for.

Actually I think that's one of the biggest problems with online racing. Everybody thinks they're the best driver in the world and expect to win - every time. And when they don't they start bitching about cheaters.

I hope GT5 allows for qualifications before races online. That way if I get for example the 5th best time, I will aim for place 5 - 3 in the actual race and be super satisfied with that.

I guess it's really important to find the right crowd to race with.

-viper- said:
Yes it is.

I find it more exciting when I have a lead of 5-10 seconds.

It's more fun when you're in the lead.

To each their own I guess. I always aim for first place when racing offline as well. But to me it's pretty boring to be in a 5 - 10 seconds lead in an 12 lap race...

Insertia

Never thought I would spend a Saturday morning watching a stream of someone playing videogame.

:lol

The UI is gorgeous. Everything from the info displayed before a race to the menus outside of races.

Salacious Crumb

Has there been any news in regards to any sort adjustable steering lock for racing wheels?

900 degrees of steering lock on those rally stages would be borderline unplayable :lol

-viper-

Banned
What car is he using atm on SS7?

Also, why does the stream turn to shit when he puts gameplay on? It looks so blocky.

edit: nevermind it's the MP4-12C

G Rom

h3ro said:
G Rom, do you see an option to fast forward the speed of B-Spec races?
Didn't see option for that.
But I can't assure you it's gone, we may have missed it...

swordfishtrombones said:
Thanks for the excellent direct feed stream. It makes the wait almost bearable.
Thanks for your comment, we really appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom