• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole prevailing mood kinda reminds me of the very last 1UP Yours episode several years back, but I have faith in Jeff and Co.

Something people haven't considered yet is GameSpot being merged into GiantBomb. It sounds ridiculous but, after today, anything goes at this point.

That's what I've been wondering myself. How much cache does the Gamespot name have at this point? To me it would make more sense to merge them into Giant Bomb, the hip, new, cool thing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That's what I've been wondering myself. How much cache does the Gamespot name have at this point? To me it would make more sense to merge them into Giant Bomb, the hip, new, cool thing.

I don't think Giant Bomb can be a mainstream thing without compromising everything that makes them Giant Bomb.

Breaking up with the rest of Whiskey is purely sad and bad. Although on the bright side it somehow did result in Tested getting crazier in a good way.

They're supposed to put up a FAQ, but until then I'm confused regarding what'll happen to my membership. If it'll just transfer over to no ads and Gamespot Complete or whatever then that sucks. Either way, with CBS now backing them I see little reason for me to continue giving them money, ie I probably won't renew.

They say they won't change and will keep producing the same type of content as per usual, only with better finances allowing them to expand, etc, and I hope that's true.

Ozone

Watching the Gamespot stream, and this "New Downloads" segment is totally using the I Love Mondays music.

IT HAS BEGUN.

Fox318

The whole prevailing mood kinda reminds me of the very last 1UP Yours episode several years back, but I have faith in Jeff and Co.

Something people haven't considered yet is GameSpot being merged into GiantBomb. It sounds ridiculous but, after today, anything goes at this point.

That makes no sense.

Gamespot is a huge name.

tS1iv.png

Calcaneus

I remember when Jeff got fired, a bunch of 1up staffers went and did a little rally outside the Gamespot offices. That was back when Ziff had a huge staff of editors, multiple magazines, and great content. Now Jeff is back with Gamespot (in a way), and 1up is bleeding editors. Its been an effed up 5 years.

Xander51

I cancelled my premium membership. I have no need for it to be converted into a Gamespot membership.

This is a bummer. A huge bummer. Like others have said, we won't really know how it's going to change or not until it all happens.

It doesn't bother me that they sold out, what bothers me is who they sold out to.

Breaking up with the rest of Whiskey is purely sad and bad. Although on the bright side it somehow did result in Tested getting crazier in a good way.

They're supposed to put up a FAQ, but until then I'm confused regarding what'll happen to my membership. If it'll just transfer over to no ads and Gamespot Complete or whatever then that sucks. Either way, with CBS now backing them I see little reason for me to continue giving them money, ie I probably won't renew.

They say they won't change and will keep producing the same type of content as per usual, only with better finances allowing them to expand, etc, and I hope that's true.

Yeah, I subscribed because I love their content and I think they're just great people, so now that they can survive(putting it lightly) thanks to CBS I don't really see a point in subscribing anymore. They don't need subscribers to keep going.

Cartman86

Banned
So Giantbomb is totally going to the next Tokyo Game show and will let Gamespot cover the event while they fuck around in smoke filled Japanese Arcades right? Please make it happen.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Sounds like Tested is making all premium videos free, while GB is going to be giving coupons to members that can be exchanged for Gamespot memberships.

Would rather have a 1$ refund for the rest of my year subscription than a lifetime gamespot membership. It's the fucking principle, I don't want anything to do with any content gamestop makes.

Patryn

So...what's up with Screened then.

Goes with Tested and Anime Vice. Only Rorie is left. I'm betting it doesn't last very long.

Would rather have a 1$ refund for the rest of my year subscription than a lifetime gamespot membership. It's the fucking principle, I don't want anything to do with any content gamestop makes.

Dave says you can choose to use your coupon or not, so you don't have to support Gamespot.

Goes with Tested and Anime Vice. Only Rorie is left. I'm betting it doesn't last very long.

Did Rorie ever choose those new freelancers he was looking for quite a while back? There was the announcement and then it was quiet. Those could potentially be new people for the site.

Home

Weird announcements. Pretty happy for the Tested crew, working with the Mythbusters sounds like a fun and awesome opportunity.

As for GB, well the crew is still all there plus Dave! so that's good. Of course the long term is what worries me, but at the same time, who knows if WM would exist in two years time.

From Jeff's Twitter: "It didn't line up properly, but my initial idea for all this announcement stuff was to do an NWO-style run-in on On the Spot. And the people I was pitching that to were all for it. That was a great early sign that the people at GameSpot are ready to party."

GOD, I wish that would have happened!

Edit: Hey Patrick, if you see this can you ask Jeff or Ryan if this means they can now do Time Trotters and/or Button Mashing stuff now?

I'm honestly not worried about the content changing, just sad that the tested guys and the gb guys won't be in the same office because I loved the cross overs, Especially happy hour nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom