• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-17 TV Cancellations Thread: TNT finds "Nothing can come of nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
showtime-logo-red_160x160.jpg

Way too accurate. I'm getting to the point where I only watch the first three or four seasons of their shows and then jump ship.

Also, what.

https://twitter.com/SteveCarell/status/821823812387753984

Steve Carell: "Breaking News: "The Office" returning to NBC."

...Huh.

https://twitter.com/SteveCarell/status/821825239629692928

"Wait, sorry. I meant "Will and Grace" (Typo)"

Hilarious?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Way too accurate. I'm getting to the point where I only watch the first three or four seasons of their shows and then jump ship.

Also, what.

https://twitter.com/SteveCarell/status/821823812387753984

Steve Carell: "Breaking News: "The Office" returning to NBC."

...Huh.

https://twitter.com/SteveCarell/status/821825239629692928

"Wait, sorry. I meant "Will and Grace" (Typo)"

Hilarious?
I think kind of funny actually. I don't think anybody wants more of the The Office after their last season. Plus it wouldn't make sense either.

kevin1025

Banned
Maybe for a movie but a bunch of episodes? Probably not.

I could see it being a two-hour one night event of four half-hour episodes that is marketed to hell and back.

But at the same time, getting everyone together and not doing a season four Arrested Development, it will take some doing.

I only just realized NBC is marketing the Taken TV series as being "based on" the movies instead of calling it a straight up prequel while still treating it as an origin story, it's annoying me that they didn't bother setting it in a fitting time period it seems kinda lazy, cheaper to do it that way.

Busty

Banned
I honestly cannot decide if NBC see this season of Blindspot as a disappointment or not. I believe this is the first week it has gone below 1.0 in the demo and it starts the night so there isn't the immediate pressure to really knock it out of the park.

I wonder if WB and Berlanti will push to get a third season or not given how Berlanti has another pilot set up at the network.

I don't really watch, but happy to see Lethal Weapon hasn't crashed and burnt without Empire like Rosewood did last year

Agree totally. I haven't seen anything of Lethal Weapon but I'm glad that FOX is getting win out of it if nothing else.

Pachimari

lol, netflix is pumping out one marvel show after another, also coming up inhumans, runaways, and cloak and dagger.
Netflix shows are binges, so I'll finish those in a weekend. And we don't yet know how long Runaways and Cloak and Dagger will be. Inhumans is a limited 8-episode count. What I really like is having this Marvel show (shield) that I can watch weekly through a full 22-episode order all year long sans a few breaks.

Seriously. I don't know if I'm just out of the loop on TV news since Firewall & Iceberg ended or there is just too much TV these days but I was genuinely surprised to find out in the past week that:

1) Bryan Cranston is already back on TV in a regular role
2) Graham Yost is already running a new show (see 1)
3) Tim Olyphant is back on TV in a regular role

At this point you could tell me that a new season of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is airing next week and I would almost believe it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seriously. I don't know if I'm just out of the loop on TV news since Firewall & Iceberg ended or there is just too much TV these days but I was genuinely surprised to find out in the past week that:

1) Bryan Cranston is already back on TV in a regular role
2) Graham Yost is already running a new show (see 1)
3) Tim Olyphant is back on TV in a regular role

At this point you could tell me that a new season of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is airing next week and I would almost believe it.

Santa Clarita Diet stars 2 major stars too so its strange that Ive never heard about it. Maybe im just not looking in the right places.

What show is Bryan Cranston on anyway?

Zero315

Banned
If you stopped watching at the end of season two, how do you know that it ran out of steam?

For me it did, just kinda felt like they were rehashing the same jokes and I didn't feel compelled enough to come back for season three. Maybe it didn't though and I should check out the rest on Netflix.

Will and Grace revival official confirmed!

Will watch for Karen. Finally making my way through Parks and Rec and it's made me realize how much I miss having Megan Mullally on televison.

Why does nowhere have Will and Grace available for streaming?

Barrage

I honestly cannot decide if NBC see this season of Blindspot as a disappointment or not. I believe this is the first week it has gone below 1.0 in the demo and it starts the night so there isn't the immediate pressure to really knock it out of the park.

I wonder if WB and Berlanti will push to get a third season or not given how Berlanti has another pilot set up at the network.

From what I read, Blindspot and Lucifer are part of a multi-year package deal Hulu bid on for the rights to. Im guessing that would give WB incentive to keep it on the air.

https://www.google.ca/amp/variety.c...ros-1201738288/amp/?client=ms-android-bell-ca

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Was that the finale? Or one more to go? The pacing of the show is confusing when they throw in the most random plot twists to keep things going so I feel like I won't know when the last episode is coming.
I mean, the twist is
that the son was always the Nightingale I guess and that the dude's crazy parenting is what created him
. There's at least one episode left, but I hope they had the good sense to wrap it up at least somewhat properly. lol

Going by Blindspot's ratings I wasn't the only one who dropped it after the first season. I like Jaimie Alexander and she was the reason I stuck with it until the end of season one but god that show was a chore to get through.

Going by Blindspot's ratings I wasn't the only one who dropped it after the first season. I like Jaimie Alexander and she was the reason I stuck with it until the end of season one but god that show was a chore to get through.

I dropped it at the S1 break. Way too drawn out. Would have been much better in a tighter 10/13 episode season.

I wouldn't be surprised if people are burnt out on midly interesting, season(s) long mysteries.

maxcriden

I mean, the twist is
that the son was always the Nightingale I guess and that the dude's crazy parenting is what created him
. There's at least one episode left, but I hope they had the good sense to wrap it up at least somewhat properly. lol

Ah, gotcha, thanks. That's what the end of last week's ep (last one we saw) seemed to hint so that makes sense. Still disappointed Daniel (creepy fiancé) isn't the killer. Here's hoping the finale is solid and sufficiently satisfying.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, gotcha, thanks. That's what the end of last week's ep (last one we saw) seemed to hint so that makes sense. Still disappointed Daniel (creepy fiancé) isn't the killer. Here's hoping the finale is solid and sufficiently satisfying.
I remember the movie being good, but I think trying to stretch this out to a television show just didn't work. Maybe if it was about a time cop like Early Edition (remember Kyle Chandler before he was Coach? lol) instead of a long drawn out baby version of The Killing, it might have worked better.

I'm still hoping it ends with her realizing that she has to choose between her mother or her father and with her ultimately resetting the timeline. At least it would make it different from the movie.

maxcriden

I remember the movie being good, but I think trying to stretch this out to a television show just didn't work. Maybe if it was about a time cop like Early Edition (remember Kyle Chandler before he was Coach? lol) instead of a long drawn out baby version of The Killing, it might have worked better.

I'm still hoping it ends with her realizing that she has to choose between her mother or her father and with her ultimately resetting the timeline. At least it would make it different from the movie.

Yeah, the movie was solid for sure, and holds up pretty well now - we just watched it for the first time last year, before the show premiered. I agree leaning harder on the time travel would have been much more interesting, in watching the series we discussed a lot that there were missed opportunities where the time travel seemed inconsistent or under-utilized. I think the ending you proposed would definitely be an interesting diversion from the movie.

I also want to mention as a side note that the reveal of the partner's dark secret was really dull as far as deep dark secrets go.

Yeah Jaimie Alexander was the main draw for me too. I ended up dropping it early this season, I just couldn't stomach it anymore.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I dropped Blindspot early into Season 1. Watched the Season 2 premiere out of curiosity and it was somehow even dumber than I remembered.

I'm about ready to drop Gotham as well. Season 2 was fun, but I haven't enjoyed the majority of Season 3. Midseason finale was terrible and I had to force myself through this week's episode. There are just so many other shows I'd rather be watching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom