• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | March 2013 | Carving an Independent niche

Ken

Does anyone here have both the PC and Vita versions of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed? I'm really enjoying it on the PC and was wondering how the Vita version compares in case I pick it up. I've tried the demo (which stutters at places) but heard from some that the actual game runs better.

I don't have the PC version to compare to but it runs great on Vita. IIRC there's a little bit of slowdown at times but it happens infrequently enough to not be a bother.

Takao

Banned
I miss Andriasang, someone would've translated this by now:

クリエイター&ソフトメーカーインタビュー

イシイジロウ氏
SHAREボタンでAVGを変えられないか?ネタバレに繋がりがちだがSHAREから広がる世界もあるかも。
バラバラの主人公がリアルな世界で繋がっているとか。

アクワイア
ゲーム機の究極形態。良い意味で「PS4スペックの無駄使い(笑)」とユーザーに言わせる。
だってアクワイアだから。

グランゼーラ九条一馬氏
SCEさんには申し訳ないが、ユーザーが「これPS4?」と目を疑うような画面から始まって、
プレイすると他のゲーム機では味わえないようなオンラインエイプリルイベントのゲーム化したい。

トライエース
新しいソフトサービスが新しいゲーム体験に繋がることに期待して、
それらを生かせるゲームを作ってみたい。

マーベラス高木謙一郎氏
リアルタイムで衣服の乱れ、それにより制限される行動、キャラとの絡みで形状が反発しあう肉体、
衣服の材質、加重による体勢、気温湿度が要因で変化するなど
スペックを生かした美少女アクションを作る機会があればいいなと思う。
関係ないけどVITAのTV出力機能をお願いします。

ファルコム近藤社長
開発のしやすい構成はPCやVITAのノウハウが生かせ、プログラマの負担はかなり減るので、
その分ゲームを面白くする労力に割きたい。
PS4でどうゲームを進化させるか、自分たちだからこそ実現できるものを形でに出来たら
気持ちいいだろうなと考えている。

コーエーテクモ鈴木亮浩氏
PS3の開発タイトルはスペック上の制限で様々な仕様を抑えて作ってきたが、
仕様制限を外した『無双』がどうなるか興味がある。

SCE外山圭一郎氏
王道の広大な世界の冒険モノや、数時間で終わる超現実的悪夢体験とか作ってみたい。

イメージエポック御影社長
PS4というドリームBOXでの創造挑戦に楽しんで挑みたいと思っている。

角川ゲームス
具体的なタイトルの検討を進めているのでご期待を。

スクエニ松井聡彦氏
『FF11』の移植の可能性も出てきたかなと思う。『FF11』の外伝を作ってみたい。
PS4をサーバー、Vitaをクライアントにして、Vitaを持ち寄ってPTプレイとか。

スクエニ吉田明彦氏
『FF14』がPS4へ対応する可能性は否定しないが、まずPS3でしっかり対応する。
その上で「PS4でも」という声があれば応えたい。一歩ずつの先に可能性があると思う。

アークシステムワークス森利道氏
正直言うと前からお話いただいてたので、どういうマシンか知っていた。
最初に聞いた時とスペックがほとんど変わってないことに驚き。
『ブレイブルー』『ギルティギア』に続く第3の軸を出したい。

スパイクチュンソフト齋藤祐一朗氏
サスペンドモードは今度大きな意味を持つと思う。

セガ名越稔洋氏
性能アップ=面白さ=ユーザーの拡大とは簡単にはならない。
何が必要か、何が求められてるのか、何に使うのかを必死に考えなければ
性能を生かしきったことにはならない。頑張ります。

Tango三上真司氏
本体のデザインがかっこよくなることに大変期待。

日本一ソフトウェア
PS4は時期が早い気がした。
最初のPS4タイトルは、ユーザーのニーズが最も高いコンテンツをリリースしたい。

レベルファイブ日野社長
値段に最大限注意してほしい。
単純に高性能マシンだからこそ出来るというものを考えてみたいし、ネット機能を使って何かやってみたいと思う。

The_Afroman

Does anyone here have both the PC and Vita versions of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed? I'm really enjoying it on the PC and was wondering how the Vita version compares in case I pick it up. I've tried the demo (which stutters at places) but heard from some that the actual game runs better.

I don't have it on PC, but I will say that the Vita version is great. I have it on WiiU and have to say i have played it more on the Vita then WiiU.

Sheik

Has anyone managed to beat Knytt Underground?

Chapter 3 is such a chore. I doubt I'll finish this :(

I've beat the actual game and seem to have collected all the collectables, but I still have to clear one room and find and finish a couple quests. Feeling unmotivated. I'll get to it eventually.

Does anyone know if the Knytt Underground trophies are broken on Vita? Took a look at the trophies list today and I haven't gotten a single one. Although I haven't been actively trying to get any trophies, you'd think you'd get at least 1 for ringing all 6 bells. :/

Edit: I didn't use a guide. Probably should have since it would've saved me a lot of time.

camo

I'm so close to buying a Vita - but I fear as so as I get it the price will drop. Does anybody have any information of a pending drop in the UK?

Number45

I'm so close to buying a Vita - but I fear as so as I get it the price will drop. Does anybody have any information of a pending drop in the UK?
Widely expected, but nothing announced. Smart money would be to wait for E3 I would think.

EDIT: Quick and dirty Google translate from within Chrome:

Creators and software makers interview Mr. Ishiijirou do not change the SHARE button in AVG? There should also be spread from SHARE world but often lead to spoilers. Hero is loose or are connected with the real world. Acquire the ultimate form of the game machine. Say to the user "waste of PS4 Spec (laughs)" in a good way and. So because I acquirer. Mr. Kazuma Kujo Guranzera with apologies to Mr. SCE, starting from the screen like believe my eyes when the user "PS4?" This, want to play online April event would not Ajiwae in the machine other games to play. Tri-Ace in the hope that the new software service will lead to new gaming experience, I wanted to make a game that lets you take them. Mr. Kenichiro Takagi Marvelous physical disturbance of clothes, behavior that is limited by it, shape repel a column of character and in real time, such as a change in the factors material of the clothes, posture due to weight, humidity temperature and utilizing the spec I hope I should have the opportunity to make a girl action. I'd like a TV output capability of VITA but irrelevant. Kondo Falcom president of VITA and know-how will capitalize PC, easy to configure in development by reducing the burden on the programmer is pretty, I want to devote effort to the minute the game interesting. In the form of what I was able to evolve the game in what PS4, able to be achieved because of our own I believe such would be pleasant. Mr. Hiroshi Suzuki Akira Tecmo Koei has been made ​​to reduce the various specification limit on the development of the title spec PS3, if you are interested "Warriors" Removal or were made ​​to the specification limit. Mr. Keiichiro Toyama SCE I'd love to make things and the vast world of royal road adventure, or experience a surreal nightmare that ends in a few hours. Mikage president epoch image I want to challenge and enjoy the challenge of the creation of a dream BOX PS4. Kadokawa Games because your expectations have been developing a specific title. Satoshi Matsui彦氏Sukueni I think whether I came out the possibility of porting "FF11". I want to try to make Gaiden "FF11". Server to the client, the Vita the PS4, or bring their play PT Vita. Akihiko Yoshida Sukueni possibility of "FF14" corresponds to the PS4 is not negative, the corresponding firm on PS3 first. I want to respond if there is a voice that "But PS4" on it. I think there is a possibility the tip of one step at a time. Mr. Toshimichi Mori Arc System Works have gotten so talked about before and to be honest, I knew what kind of machine or. I am surprised that the spec has not changed much as when I first heard. I want to make a third axis that follows the "BlazBlue" "Guilty Gear". Mr. Ichiro Saito Yu Chun Soft Spike suspend mode and I think this time means a lot. Minoru Hiroshi Nagoshi SEGA not be an easy expansion and up = fun = user performance. If you do not think what is desperately needed and what you are being asked, to what use we should not take advantage of the performance that was cut. Good luck. Mr. Shinji Mikami Tango very excited that the design of the body is nifty. Nippon Ichi Software PS4 felt was earlier than expected. PS4 first title, I would like to release the highest content of user needs. President Hino Level Five I want you to note most of the price. I think I want to try to think of something that we can just because it is simply a high-performance machine, and want to do something with the function net.

I'm too busy to trawl through that and improve the formatting

If you find below 200 euro bundle you can buy it safely.

I suggest observing amazon.de they often have amazing prices.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I think that's the stupidest thing I've heard you say in a while toto.

I don't think it'll be some massive success but it'll easily hit at least 50k between Europe and usa

50k in week 1? I highly doubt it,since no one care about this genre in the west.

Cornbread78

Ok, How are all my VITA bros and ho's doin'?

I kid I kid..... this isn't GoW, I know...lol.

Anyhow, are we gettign any RPGs this summer for VITA? I know Ys and Legends is coming out in September, but what about April through August? Anything Coming? Not PSP or PS1 classics either.....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I now own mgs HD collection from plus, any way to download only one of them?

Nope. :/ Sucks, because I'd rather take approx half the size and just stick with 3. The only way you can get them split up is if you purchased only one of the two, or both separately - and the separate bits haven't been free.

Ok, How are all my VITA bros and ho's doin'?

I kid I kid..... this isn't GoW, I know...lol.

Anyhow, are we gettign any RPGs this summer for VITA? I know Ys and Legends is coming out in September, but what about April through August? Anything Coming? Not PSP or PS1 classics either.....

Rainbow moon Vita seems only possible candidate. But it has no date annouced yet.

Dragon Fantasy Book 1 & 2. They're retro RPGs inspired by the 8-bit and 16-bit console eras respectively.

Cornbread78

Dragon Fantasy Book 1 & 2. They're retro RPGs inspired by the 8-bit and 16-bit console eras respectively.

Alright, you've definately got my attention there.... Any idea on dates? I'll have to google that one...

EDIT:
http://mutekicorp.com/category/dragon-fantasy/

I just checked their website, there are no updates anywhere on release date of the two games. The last update was in December... A classic style RPG with trophies.... Damn, I want this, as soon as O'm done my second play-through of P4G..

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I think if you are an RPG fan then search for your fix on other systems,there is lack of RPG(all types actually WRPG,JRPG, Dungeon Crawlers..ect) and lack of variety of genres on the system right now.

Cornbread78

I think if you are an RPG fans then search for your fix on other systems,there is lack of RPG(all types actually WRPG,JRPG, Dungeon Crawlers..ect) and lack of variety of genres on the system right now.

Yeah, I was hoping they would fix that by now with the Tales games that are out in Japan or the Atelier game, but.......

Arukado

Does anyone know if the Knytt Underground trophies are broken on Vita? Took a look at the trophies list today and I haven't gotten a single one. Although I haven't been actively trying to get any trophies, you'd think you'd get at least 1 for ringing all 6 bells. :/
They are not broken, they are just not related to the actual story of the game (and hard if you don't use a guide). For example,
for "Alpha" you need to reach a tiny spot in the map which has a Alpha symbol.

FrankCaron

So, holding out for Killzone isn't going to work: I need some FPS action in my blood now. I'm debating picking up Call of Duty: Declassified. I know it's been largely derided, but I really want something multiplayer to play, and Unit 13, as great as it is, isn't really fulfilling me when it comes to multiplayer. I can rarely find matches.

I've already platinumed Resistance, so COD is preferable in that regard. Anyone have any opinions of the COD multiplayer experience or any idea of how many people are playing?

So, holding out for Killzone isn't going to work: I need some FPS action in my blood now. I'm debating picking up Call of Duty: Declassified. I know it's been largely derided, but I really want something multiplayer to play, and Unit 13, as great as it is, isn't really fulfilling me when it comes to multiplayer. I can rarely find matches.

I've already platinumed Resistance, so COD is preferable in that regard. Anyone have any opinions of the COD multiplayer experience or any idea of how many people are playing?

The game is fine, but the maps are small, and the people that play are terrible.

If that seems appealing to you, by all means. I won't pay $50 for it.

zulux21

Ragnarok Odyssey has at least 150k sales and downloads in west so that might way too safe.

top of page so buy Persona 4G and VLR

those are lifetime sales for RO no?
when I said 40-75k I was talking strictly first week sales.
I figure lifetime sales will be somewhere between 175-250k.

Yeah, I was hoping they would fix that by now with the Tales games that are out in Japan or the Atelier game, but.......

Localizations aren't things that happen over night, beyond that I really don't see the vita tales games coming at all... I think it's more likely that the only Call of Duty game released this year will be for the vita, then it is that the vita tales games will get localized. Totori seems like it's coming, but it will likely be a fall release and just hasn't been announced yet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Last time I played COD, people only ever voted for Nukehouse and nothing else. It was super annoying.

Nuke town was a terrible map, this means it was loved by the Call of Duty community, obviously. Why would it be different here? :/

Anyway bigger issue there is the stupid acceleration to where you have "too much/too little" in regards to aiming.

It's a fun game. People are still playing it online. I find a match every time I search for a game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Localizations aren't things that happen over night, beyond that I really don't see the vita tales games coming at all... I think it's more likely that the only Call of Duty game released this year will be for the vita, then it is that the vita tales games will get localized. Totori seems like it's coming, but it will likely be a fall release and just hasn't been announced yet.

I just don't see any RPG coming at all, SCEJ just want MH clones ( and this strategy is already failed big time since Diva f port sold way more than SS) and in the west SCEA wanted Vita to be indie-focused platform.

situation is very grim.

zulux21

I just don't see any RPG coming at all, SCEJ just want MH clones ( and this strategy is already failed big time since Diva f port sold way more than SS) and in the west SCEA wanted Vita to be indie-focused platform.

situation is very grim.

good thing sony isn't in charge of everything that gets localized then. Companies like NisA, xseed, aksys, and to a lesser extent Atlus and Koei will make sure to bring over JRPGs. If you want to believe just because sony is apparently focused on those things and we won't get anything else that's fine, you can just be happy when we still get JRPGs from the companies I mentioned.

I mean Totori has already been rated for english, we already have confirmations that muramasa, ys4, dragon's crown, and Valhalla knights 3 are coming, it's not like the only thing we will be getting this year are indie games on the vita in english.

also as for diva F... I really don't consider 159k first week for an established IP way more than 136k for a new IP, but that may just be me.

anddo0

We knew it was coming but here's the official blog post.

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Goes Asynchronous, New Courses & Characters (Kat!)

Turn Based Challenge

Too busy to join a tournament online at a given time/date? Not to worry! By introducing this
“Turn Based Challenge” mode, you can now challenge your friends in an asynchronous
competition and play head to head, hole by hole.

Players can now also set up 20 different parallel games at any given time. To avoid cheating, there are no re-dos, similar to Daily Tourneys. Short messages (like SMS) are also now enabled, as well as competitive score history between friends.

Additional gameplay updates include:
Four-player stroke mode enabled in the multiplayer rooms.
A slot mode added to the online/adhoc, enabling a slot machine style handicap system applied per hole to keep the game interesting in case there is an imbalance between player skills.

We’ve also added a new visual lobby in the online space, and tweaked the game balance a little bit.

These new courses and characters will be available next Tuesday when PlayStation Store updates. Each character will cost $0.99, with the courses going for $2.99 apiece. You’ll be able to grab the whole set for $11.99, and PlayStation Plus members will get 25% off that price, bringing it down to $8.99.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nope. You forgot digital sales and the double pack. Bad Toto.

Even if it had outsold it, the difference in install base wouldn't have made it that surprising. Bad Toto.
I seriously wonder what freak accident happened during Toto's mental development that enabled him to consistently make false, negative statements when facts are presented to him.

Get an fMRI and help us out, Toto. For science.

Looking forward to new Everybody's Golf content. I don't mind paying a bit, either.

However, I just played it for the first time in a few weeks and now I completely suck. D:

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
so theres this great bundle on craigslist by me.....

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vgm/3679634772.html

i dont need the vita.. but i want to ask to buy the card off him... i'd also be willing ot buy some games too even though i've been pretty anti retail with my vita.

thoughts? out of those retail games which is best to own as a cart?

what would be good prices to offer for the games?

edit: i offered 80$ for P4G and the 32gb card.

i've seen this ad for a few days/ weeks so hes either holding out or not selling it and will cave soon.

namDa65

I think that's the stupidest thing I've heard you say in a while toto.

I don't think it'll be some massive success but it'll easily hit at least 50k between Europe and usa

Most stupid* .

Sorry I just had to. Trying to improve my english skills as my degree is severely detrimental to my english proficiency.

Soul sacrifice will hit 80k between the two.

finalhour

Alright, you've definately got my attention there.... Any idea on dates? I'll have to google that one...

EDIT:
http://mutekicorp.com/category/dragon-fantasy/

I just checked their website, there are no updates anywhere on release date of the two games. The last update was in December... A classic style RPG with trophies.... Damn, I want this, as soon as O'm done my second play-through of P4G..

If your still jonesing for info, there's a good interview with the dev here:
http://rpgamer.com/games/dfantasy/df2/df2int.html

They are not broken, they are just not related to the actual story of the game (and hard if you don't use a guide). For example,
for "Alpha" you need to reach a tiny spot in the map which has a Alpha symbol.

I'll echo this. The trophy list will give you clues as to where to look. Missing one of the displayed trophies myself. The hidden ones are given for very thorough exploration and I only have 2 of those myself.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Most stupid* .

Sorry I just had to. Trying to improve my english skills as my degree is severely detrimental to my english proficiency.

Soul sacrifice will hit 80k between the two.

MonHun Tri (the top dog IP of this genre) on Wii (freaking winner of last gen) sold between 143k to 108k going with april 2010 npd numbers.

no way in hell SS on Vita can do anything close to 80K in its first week.

Copenap

Vita gaf, I need your advice real quick. Just got MGS HD from PS+ and now I have to decide whether to start with that or go back even more and get MGS. Has anyone played MGS on his Vita? Is it still awesome? Btw I've never completed MGS and actually only played it a little bit back in the days, so should I start with that?

Top Bottom