• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Official Thread

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
ARGH. Can anyone tell me how I can get the weapon blueprint on Planet Korgol? There's this gold bolt flying around on the map but I can never catch it. Oddly, I have all the bolts according to the stage select. ;_;

Hey guys, how do I delete a profile? I made a Guest account for no real reason, and now it prompts me to pick one every time I boot up. Can I set my main one to auto login, or delete the second one? I can find no option for this, it's annoying.

tanod

when is my burrito
AdmiralViscen said:
Hey guys, how do I delete a profile? I made a Guest account for no real reason, and now it prompts me to pick one every time I boot up. Can I set my main one to auto login, or delete the second one? I can find no option for this, it's annoying.

You can delete it but you can also set auto-login preferences by going to the user account area and pressing triangle over your main name.

An odd quirk: You have to be logged into the account you want to delete.

tanod said:
You can delete it but you can also set auto-login preferences by going to the user account area and pressing triangle over your main name.

An odd quirk: You have to be logged into the account you want to delete.

Thanks, I set it on auto.

I was pressing triangle on the login screen, wasn't working.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I whipped out Mr. Zurkon during the Kerchu boss battle and he said something like "one little, two little, three little DEAD Kerchu" to the tune of that little indian song and I cracked up laughing. :lol

CSSer

Kintaro said:
ARGH. Can anyone tell me how I can get the weapon blueprint on Planet Korgol? There's this gold bolt flying around on the map but I can never catch it. Oddly, I have all the bolts according to the stage select. ;_;

That's a bug. If it says you have all the gold bolts from the stage select information, then you have all the bolts. As for the holoplan... I don't remember :(.

Bebpo

Banned
I have to say I really like everything they've done with the sixaxis. Heck, once I died a bunch of times on an optional circuit puzzle and it asked me if I wanted to use the analogue stick instead!

First time I'm glad Sony went with motion stuff. Makes otherwise somewhat standard mini-games more fun.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
kaching said:
I whipped out Mr. Zurkon during the Kerchu boss battle and he said something like "one little, two little, three little DEAD Kerchu" to the tune of that little indian song and I cracked up laughing. :lol

Mr. Zurkon says something for every enemy in the game

TeethMummy said:
Jellyfish puzzle early in the game? Please help?
that threw me for a minute too. seems like more than it is.
just clank that bolt in the center of the room, and use the jelly fish to jump to the next hall (wait until it gets in place)

Nos_G

I got this game yesterday, but my disc is chipped on the inner spindle area. I tried returning it to the store, but they said I needed to call Sony, since I wasn't the first to get it replaced.

Anyone get this issue?

This is my first Ratchet game, but I loved Resistance and decided to give this a try. I'm loving it so far! From some of the comments on this thread, I'm glad I'm coming into this game a series virgin - gameplay is totally fresh for me. I'll just have to hunt down the PS2 titles when I'm done. :D

Oh, and I got the not enough hard drive space bug as well.

tanod

when is my burrito
Nos_G said:
I got this game yesterday, but my disc is chipped on the inner spindle area. I tried returning it to the store, but they said I needed to call Sony, since I wasn't the first to get it replaced.

Anyone get this issue?

I think I remember one other person in the thread who had the same issue. Think he got it exchanged.

dralla

started the challenge mode this morning and now im on the final planet. [played all day] this time im going to go try and unlock everything before I beat it and not have my progressed erased :[

I want to add that I'm glad this game kept its sense of humor. The new style of title and some of the pre-release stuff I saw had me worried, but I think this might be the funniest of the series.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
BobTheFork said:
just clank that bolt in the center of the room, and use the jelly fish to jump to the next hall (wait until it gets in place)

i got it before i saw your reply, and instantly smacked myself for not figuring it out sooner. I was impatient with the wrench. Thanks though.

CSSer

BobTheFork said:

Anyone get the golden bolt at that jelly fish place? I can't jump high enough to reach that ledge...

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
CSSer said:
Anyone get the golden bolt at that jelly fish place? I can't jump high enough to reach that ledge...

I didnt get it, but I think it can be done with the Gelenator or by using the crouch jump and Heli-Pack

CSSer

purgeface said:
Yup, crouch jump/helicopter works.

Didn't work for me. I have one of the latest armors too so it rockets up, but it's never high enough. Ah well, I'll try again some time later.

Bebpo

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
I want to add that I'm glad this game kept its sense of humor. The new style of title and some of the pre-release stuff I saw had me worried, but I think this might be the funniest of the series.

Indeed. The writing seems at least as funny and enjoyable as the Jak series for the cartoony PG-13 audience it's aiming at. I don't see where the review complaints that the story/writing sucks come from.

Also I like that the cutscenes are SHORT so I don't feel inclined to skip them at any point.

purg3

slept with Malkin
CSSer said:
Didn't work for me. I have one of the latest armors too so it rockets up, but it's never high enough. Ah well, I'll try again some time later.

That's weird because I was able to get it on my first time through the area.

Ashhong

Captain N said:
I feel really dumb, but I just got out of the arena for the first time and can't figure out how to leave.

oooh i know this one!

ummmmm if you exit the whole arena thing where you can win prizes, you'll see a zipline ahead of you i believe. i think? that will take you straight down to your ship. if not a zipline, then a glowing platform.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Ashhong said:
oooh i know this one!

ummmmm if you exit the whole arena thing where you can win prizes, you'll see a zipline ahead of you i believe. i think? that will take you straight down to your ship. if not a zipline, then a glowing platform.

Also,

You need to use that helicopter pod thing weapon a few times first then you get to the zip line back to your ship.

Ashhong

Captain N said:
yeah, but there's a door with a flashing circle and I can't figure out how to open it.

i think thats the helipods as purgeface just stated. is it a small yellow circle? you throw the helipod at it and it will lift the door

dralla

got the
rhyno
and the golden groovitron. woot

What's a good place to level guns up?
What's the last spot in my inventory for? I thouht I had everything but there's still an open slot

aw shit. Im not getting credit for all the golden bolts Im getting. I only need 1 more but the game is saying that I still need 3. when I go pick up the other 2 that I already have and not getting credit for, they're gone :[

steve

Banned
Simply the best videogame I've played in years.

I'm on Sargasso (the Dino planet) and my mind is officially blown. This really is a game that deserves to sell consoles. Sony needs to promote the HELL out of this title.

And amazingly, it's not the visuals that are doing it for me. Although they are utterly gorgeous, it's the gameplay that has me completely enthralled. And with the utter and complete lack of loading (disguised cleverly), there's never a moment to sit back, take a deep breath, and take it all in. It's just level after level, scene after scene, of new enemies, new worlds and new challenges.

This game is simply brilliant.

Bebpo

Banned
One question: When you are walking on the grav ramp how come when you jump you don't revert back to normal gravity and fall?

Belfast

Bebpo said:
One question: When you are walking on the grav ramp how come when you jump you don't revert back to normal gravity and fall?

Your grav boots keep you in place. Think of it as more of a magnetic attraction.

Top Bottom