• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Massa

Yeah its a -huge- pain in the ass. In the same boat myself. Still a good 150,000 gold coins short. At this point I'll probably cave and buy 100k gold coins. First time I've played this and it was quite enjoyable, a tip in the tip jar of sorts and a giant fuck you to that last trophy. Shrug.

Why would waste any money on it? It's completely meaningless. :-/

Edit: top of the page (for Silver members) recommendation: go buy Motorstorm RC.

Iacobellis

Never saw any mention of this, but Killzone will indeed have preorder bonuses:

Pre-order Killzone: Mercenary and receive Blackjack's Briefcase, containing access to the exclusive Double XP Boost and an In-Game Cash bonus!

•Double XP Boost: Get out ahead of the pack! Start the 48-hour clock with this special access code and all contracts, bonuses and payoffs earn you twice the normal XP for two straight days! Applies to both Campaign and Multiplayer!
•In-Game Cash Bonus: Start the game and go straight to the armory! With this bonus payout, you'll have enough Vektan Cash to pick up a new weapon before you even step foot on the battlefield!

Killzone: Mercenary - Gameplay Trailer

kiyomi

Anyone know how big the Dokuro download is, and how long it is? Bit on the fence about it.

Also what did people think of Sumioni?

Anyone know how big the Dokuro download is, and how long it is? Bit on the fence about it.

Also what did people think of Sumioni?

I think dokuro is around 650 mb in size. Length wise the levels themselves are fairly short as long as you know how to solve the puzzles, a few of them stumped me for a couple of hours! Plus if you are planning to go for all the trophies that will end up adding a couple more hours to your total time.

I personally enjoyed sumioni for what it was, I'd say its shorter than dokuro and it's nowhere near as fun either. It's pretty much doing e same thing for each level (run through a small level and fight a boss, almost all of which are almost identical to each other). The fun for me came in trying to work out how to clear all the levels really quickly without touching the ground, something you need to get the hang of anyway if you want to get to the harder routes.

Takao

Banned
Black Ops: Declassified Physical and Digital copies?

That's a different kind of system seller, as in it's so bad someone sold their system after playing it.

Past handhelds didn't offer a true fps experience. Unsuitable hardware is definitely a valid reason to disregard past attempts. If it gets critical approval I'll be expecting a boost in Vita sales.

But ultimately it's still a Killzone game, a franchise that has had modest sales on platforms where FPS games have been successful.

It's astounding that we're now more than a year into Vita's life and none of the PSP's best selling IPs have been represented with exclusive entries:
- Monster Hunter
- Metal Gear Solid
- Final Fantasy
- God of War
- Gran Turismo
- Grand Theft Auto

Should I have received my 20 dollar referral credit yet? I filled out one of those forms via someone in this thread but that's all I did. Should I have done something else?

kiyomi

I think dokuro is around 650 mb in size. Length wise the levels themselves are fairly short as long as you know how to solve the puzzles, a few of them stumped me for a couple of hours! Plus if you are planning to go for all the trophies that will end up adding a couple more hours to your total time.

I personally enjoyed sumioni for what it was, I'd say its shorter than dokuro and it's nowhere near as fun either. It's pretty much doing e same thing for each level (run through a small level and fight a boss, almost all of which are almost identical to each other). The fun for me came in trying to work out how to clear all the levels really quickly without touching the ground, something you need to get the hang of anyway if you want to get to the harder routes.

Thank you! I'll probably get Dokuro and wait for a sale on Sumioni.

Should I have received my 20 dollar referral credit yet? I filled out one of those forms via someone in this thread but that's all I did. Should I have done something else?
They said allow 3-4 weeks I believe.

Sintoid

Finished Sumioni unlocking all the finals and all the trophies. The game is not that bad, battle system is good and deep. There's a few bosses and they repeat too much with different attack patterns and in the end they're the funniest and hardest part of the game. It's a score attack game and in this way it works well. It lacks of contents, stages are short, they're often repetitive and with poor challenge...But when action comes to a climax you're sure you'll have a lot of fun.
Retail price is a steal for this game 10€ is the right price for a game that try to make something different...

Dingotech

Finished Gravity Rush last night, really fun game but pity they didn't explain more about the story like what was the world, who were the enemies etc... Just leaves way too much open IMO, setup for sequel I suppose.

One thing that really bugs me about the trophies for games like Gravity Rush is that the DLC shows up as me not having completed it even though I don't own it! My OCD kicks in when I see the 100% game sitting there at 67%!

Damn you marketing people that thought up that tactic! I still haven't caved and bought the DLC yet, but it's tempting...

Takao

Banned
Retro City Rampage no longer boots for me. Asks to connect to internet, it can't, and the game won't start. I bought the game, no PS+.

It's not like I wanted to play it or anything ...

OMG Aero

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but it seems like this is the general Vita thread so I got a Vita yesterday and was wondering if there's any consensus on what is a good case to get for it?
Also when I got my Vita the cheapest bundle was one with COD Black Ops but I don't have any intention of ever playing that, so if anyone is looking to buy a UK download code of that just send me a PM or something.

Dingotech

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but it seems like this is the general Vita thread so I got a Vita yesterday and was wondering if there's any consensus on what is a good case to get for it?
Also when I got my Vita the cheapest bundle was one with COD Black Ops but I don't have any intention of ever playing that, so if anyone is looking to buy a UK download code of that just send me a PM or something.

I quite like the following case that I bought - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0072A4JTY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Might be better smaller cases out there though.

repeater

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/297453101655412737

aSUjKeQ.png

is this guy legit?
Yeah, but what he says is true by default since the day of Vita's 1 year anniversary in Europe is also the day of P4G's release date in Europe. :p

Shahed

For those of you that use multiple accounts on Vita. Do you ever feel weird using a secondary account?

Because I'm currently on my US account going through a bunch of PSP/PS1 games that aren't on the UK store. In one way I'm enjoying the Vita more that I used to since all the games I'm playing now happen to be RPG's. However on the other hand I get the urge to rush through them all quickly so I can get back to my main account. It's like I left something behind and I need to go back and get it...

Doesn't help that I also got Ni No Kuni delivered yesterday and I really want to play it, never mind Persona 4 coming soon. Just my mind is telling to finish off the US account first :(

If you're playing Blazblue for the story, you're going to have a bad time.

I played Extend for the story, and I'll get Phantasma for it as well....

kiyomi

Because I'm currently on my US account going through a bunch of PSP/PS1 games that aren't on the UK store. In one way I'm enjoying the Vita more that I used to since all the games I'm playing now happen to be RPG's. However on the other hand I get the urge to rush through them all quickly so I can get back to my main account. It's like I left something behind and I need to go back and get it...
It does feel like you left something behind, and in part, you have. All those save games, readily available DD games, friends etc. Every time I've been on my JP account to play a demo, I've wanted to go back to my EU one so that I can play any game on a whim.

Out of curiosity, what US exclusive games are you playing on it?

Shahed

It does feel like you left something behind, and in part, you have. All those save games, readily available DD games, friends etc. Every time I've been on my JP account to play a demo, I've wanted to go back to my EU one so that I can play any game on a whim.

Out of curiosity, what US exclusive games are you playing on it?

Well they're not all US only. For example Parasite Eve 1 is not on the UK store, but the 2nd and 3rd games are. Thought it was easier to just get them all on the same profile, hence via the US Store. And some games like Valkyria Chronicles 2 and FF Tactics: WotL I just got because I had a lot of spare cash in my US account. Kinda regret those now...

Then there's others like Suikoden, Growlanser. The two Secret Santa gifts from Toma in Legend of Mana and Breath of Fire IV. Kinda feel like playing Chrono Cross and Xenogears again, but I probably won't this time around. Will leave it for the next time I'm on my US account.

I don't have PS+ on the either on the US, so it feels strange in that there's something that just don't happen automatically on Vita. Kinda got used to seeing several notifications whenever I put my Vita on in the morning. Messing around in the Live Area isn't fun anymore...

Allowing mutiple account a la PS3 would be my most wanted Vita update

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Edit: top of the page (for Silver members) recommendation: go buy Motorstorm RC.

change to 100 post per page.

Retro City Rampage no longer boots for me. Asks to connect to internet, it can't, and the game won't start. I bought the game, no PS+.

It's not like I wanted to play it or anything ...

game is garbage anyway,you are a better person without it.

Yeah, but what he says is true by default since the day of Vita's 1 year anniversary in Europe is also the day of P4G's release date in Europe. :p

Persona 4 is full of awesome indeed.

well it's just that the Vita really need new game announcement for the west,I really hope it's not something completely lame like a weekend of deals.

Twinduct

change to 100 post per page.

game is garbage anyway,you are a better person without it.

Persona 4 is full of awesome indeed.

well it's just that the Vita really need new game announcement for the west,I really hope it's not something completely lame like a weekend of deals.

"Mutant Blobs free for everyone! Also two PSM* games! And finally .... <drum roll> .... Bayonetta for PS+!! Truly PlayStation is the only place to get ALL the exclusives!"
* Only applies to Certified PlayStation Phones, This excludes the Vita

He also mentioned new stuff which he cannot tell.
The fact that he emphasized the one-year anniversary and the fact that a EU PSN store leak showed that nearly all the launch games from last February (Vita launch) are getting price drops are probably linked.

Not getting hyped just because some SCEE lackey thinks that a sale is "tonnes" of awesomeness.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Sound like we'll get nothing.

"Mutant Blobs free for everyone! Also two PSM* games! And finally .... <drum roll> .... Bayonetta for PS+!! Truly PlayStation is the only place to get ALL the exclusives!"
* Only applies to Certified PlayStation Phones, This excludes the Vita

I'm in for Xperia ZL anyway..so won't mind that :p

Kevin Spacey/House of Cards Product Placement and Gof of War 4 Superbowl commercial seems really like a waste of mony, I'll pay that ( full Superbowl commercial costs $3 millions right? ) to get Digimon World Re:Digitize English release for Vita and a new Patapon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sale better include Dungeon Hunter Alliance for $15-0.99, come on, Sony, you know you want to do it.

Think im done with jetpack joyride- last trophy is the gold and its just ALOT of boring grinding... Meh, i am however #1 on the friends leaderboard. Scores not high so im shocked 1.
Add me. Fighting for the top friend score helps with the grinding. I'm now one purchase away.

PSN: Motorbreathx

TheSeks

$0.55 is a good price for that game.

I bought it for a dollar when it was on sale on PS3. Totally worth it, I'd rebuy it for another dollar. But $40? PSHHHH get out of town, Sony.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I bought it for a dollar when it was on sale on PS3. Totally worth it, I'd rebuy it for another dollar. But $40? PSHHHH get out of town, Sony.

I don't even know you anymore.

So this just happened:

First Platinum trophy I got that I actually had to work for. Bring on the sequel, SCEJ. :D

but I want Team floating moe to make a fully open world Siren game for PS4.

TheSeks

I don't even know you anymore.

It's a better Diablo-like game on PS3 that Diablo 3 (if it ever comes) will ever be. That's all I wanted.

Does this mean it's "WHOREMG AMAZING?" Nope. But is it tolerable for a dollar? Yeah.

TheSeks

> Technique Scroll - Guillotine Throw: 10 Golden Scarabs

WTF, Hayashit?

Cha

Higuys. Do we have any info about Tearaway's release date?
Cos, I was watching another developer interview, and right at the end of the video the dev says "It will be out in the Fall".

http://youtu.be/TmM2a_kt-Ik?t=6m54s

That's so far away. Please tell me that I'm hearing wrong.

Higuys. Do we have any info about Tearaway's release date?
Cos, I was watching another developer interview, and right at the end of the video the dev says "It will be out in the Fall".

That's so far away. Please tell me that I'm hearing wrong.

That's actually a really good date considering last time they said it was in preproduction

PSY&#12539;S;47243412 said:
I hope Sony doesn't push all of Vitas releases to fall/winter again.

While it would suck for us it would be better for the platform as a whole if they are planning price-cut for september.

Sid

While it would suck for us it would be better for the platform as a whole if they are planning price-cut for september.
It would be awful for them too as Vita sales will be even more terribad leading up to September also everyone should keep their expectations in check regarding Vita games at the 2013 PS meeting,I'm pretty sure nothing will be announced.

Cha

PSY&#12539;S;47243412 said:
I hope Sony doesn't push all of Vitas releases to fall/winter again.
Yep. This.
Between Soul Sacrifice (April) and Killzone (September), there seems to be no "big" titles releasing in that four month gap.

Top Bottom