• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Beta Details (Starts 10/25, requires PS+, only 10k spots open)

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
For the record Ima still the best tactician u gotz.
Indifferent2.gif

I'd go as far to say you're the greatest cat with a gun OF ALL TYNE
Indifferent2.gif

distrbnce

Banned
gofreak said:
Not about the beta per se, but this MTV writer really loves Move with it, movement compromises acknowledged.

'Killzone 3' With PlayStation Move Is The Way To Play It

Man, I can't wait for this. I really like the 'turn to reload', and that would leave O open for the knife. Those are my two big problems with MAG.

Things are going pretty well for Move, in the sense that it's a viable alternative. Every shooter should have it as an option from now on, for real.

X-Frame

shagg_187 said:
Since it's a closed beta, those who gets in signs an agreement that they won't. Therefore, no they can't.
I doubt there will be an NDA to prevent pics/videos.

Just a guess.

Noshino

Click said:
I'm sure all of these new PS+ subscribers didn't pay money to have a chance to become a beta tester. The PS+ subscribers that were subscribers prior to this announcement may not have paid to be a KZ3 beta tester, but those who just became a subscriber most definitely did. Keep on drinking that Koolaid, bro.

Your statements contradict each other :lol

As for MAG / Zipper vs. KZ2 / GG, I don't know how you can argue how these 2 first party devs treated their fans and how they patched their games. Zipper came out with 4 patches. They fixed most issues people had with the game and actually listened to the fanbase for the most part. Sure, they sometimes screwed up the game with their patches and the game isn't perfect, but what online game is?

Im not arguing that, as a matter of fact, I never even brought it (fan "treatment") up!

Regardless of the end results, the situation still the same though. My comment was in regards to your initial statement:

"I'm not going to pay money to help GG make KZ3 a better game"

And like I said, you want to be a beta tester for KZ3, but not pay for PS+, but when it came to MAG, you were willing to pay retail price (?) for a game that also needed some tweaks after release.

What has GG done to KZ2 that makes them so worthy of GAF's praise and worship? Absolutely shit, that's what. People like me, Lince, and the various hardcore fans on the official forums have listed so many flaws with KZ2 for months on end, hoping GG will fix at least half of the things wrong with the game, but all they did was change the way the game controlled (which didn't need to be changed) and immediately started work on KZ3.

I don't know what they have done, but they must have done something to, like you stated, have the praise and worship of many GAF members :lol whether you or I care or recognize those things doesn't really matter. And fact is, despite all your complaints towards them (and KZ2), you still want to play their next game, and even get upset at the fact that you might not even be able to beta test.

Face it, GAF is a bunch of graphic-whore fanboys that love defending extremely flawed games and their developers. They ignore glaring, game-breaking issues in favor of splurging on eye candy. Now, you guys are defending Sony's decision to make a money grab just so you can have a shot to play the beta, acting like PS+ is some sort of great service when most of you berated MS at one time or another in the past for their shitty business practices. I predict most of you won't even provide substantial feedback to GG and are going to treat this "public" beta as yet another glorified demo.

And you are one that after playing the "extremely flawed game" still want to play the next game of the series made by the same developer....

As for PS+, I don't really care, I'm not a subscriber and Im not planning to be one either, at least not for now. BUT, it isn't hard to see that unlike XBL, it does offer many more things, not only features, but actual games as well.... hell, in this very thread, people that were skeptical before have mentioned that they got their money's worth soon after.

The day PS+ actually holds back essential services like XBL, then we can call it a shitty business practice and compare it to XBL, but such comparisons, for now, are just grasping for straws

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Boo !! Boo !!

I salute my Beta GAF brothers.
I want a codez plz!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
This is gonna turn into another code begging shitfest thread isn't it?
I still remember the last KZ2 beta thread and Tempy's tag haha.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kaako said:
This is gonna turn into another code begging shitfest thread isn't it?
I still remember the last KZ2 beta thread and Tempy's tag haha.
Sorry. V___V

btkadams

It's possible that people in the closed beta don't get keys you know. I got into a beta this past week through a PM from "EA/Sony". In the PSN message was an attached link that just takes you into the download area on the ps store. No code involved so it wasn't possible to share.

So I wouldn't bother begging for keys until the open beta phase haha.

JardeL

DMeisterJ said:
I'm about to pull the trigger for PSN+ (3-month variety), someone stop me! D:
Don't.
Keep your eye on our Social Media channels, The PS Blogs, Killzone.com, Twitter/killzonedotcom and facebook.com/killzonedotcom
Alright, now I deserve a code. :D

RJT

Do we know at what time should we check for the update? Any historical indication?

(Euro zone, by the way)

DMeisterJ said:
I'm about to pull the trigger for PSN+ (3-month variety), someone stop me! D:
If you care enough to pay money for a beta, just go for the year sub. Chances are you'll be struggling over such decisions yet again when games like Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 are nearing release, so in the long run it'll be cheaper that way.

yencid

makingmusic476 said:
If you care enough to pay money for a beta, just go for the year sub. Chances are you'll be struggling over such decisions yet again when games like Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 are nearing release, so in the long run it'll be cheaper that way.
Indeed, plus you will get games, discounts and hopefuly exclusive content

Konosuke said:
Anyone knows the store update times?

There are no specific times. It's just late in the evening. Which means that people are going to have to sit on their PS3 while continually refreshing the store in order to get the jump on it.

Grrrrr. I really want in on this beta, but I don't wanna pay for PLUS. There's not even a guarantee that I'll get in if I do. :mad: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Dug

Banned
Somnium986 said:
Grrrrr. I really want in on this beta, but I don't wanna pay for PLUS. There's not even a guarantee that I'll get in if I do. :mad: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
That's how I feel right now too. :lol

Top Bottom