• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Beta Details (Starts 10/25, requires PS+, only 10k spots open)

Man

Killzone 3 Alpha test (aka current beta) gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D3BCDAAC9E0FFC7B

Hydrargyrus said:
27zxaqg.gif

i2oyz6.gif

vcfmo.gif

Colour.like.no.other.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010...-of-october-and-here-is-your-chance-to-get-in

New trailer in link.

GAFe am joy said:
It’s actually 10.000 (PSN+ beta spots) for SCEE and 5.000 for SCEA.

Euro details:
Step 1: Be(come) a Plus subscriber
With the exception of a handful of key media partners, access to the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial is exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers. If you’re not enjoying the many benefits of Plus membership yet, now’s the time to sign up!
Step 2: Download the theme
On October 13th an exclusive Killzone 3 XMB Theme will hit the Plus section of the PlayStation Store. Only the first 10,000 PlayStation Plus subscribers to download this theme will receive access to the Public Beta Trial.
Step 3: Check your email
If you’re among the first 10,000 to download the Killzone 3 XMB Theme, you will receive an email on October 25th containing the Public Beta Trial promotion code and further instructions. The email will be sent to the address you registered as your PSN Sign-In ID, so make sure you’ve set your notification preferences to accept emails from SCEE.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Killzone 3 Beta Starts on October 25th: Here’s Your Chance to Get In! Posted by Victor Zuylen // Editor, Killzone Community

Yes, the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial really is coming! Just like its predecessor, the multiplayer mode for Killzone 3 will be put through rigorous testing at the hands of the toughest, most demanding critics in existence: you, the fans. The Trial starts on October 25th and access is limited, so please read the following instructions carefully if you want to know how to secure a spot in the Public Beta:

* Be(come) a Plus subscriber
With the exception of a handful of key media partners and selected PAX feedback participants, access to the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial is limited to PlayStation Plus subscribers. If you’re not enjoying the many benefits of Plus membership yet, now’s the time to sign up!​

* Download the theme
On October 19th, an exclusive Killzone 3 XMB Theme will appear in the Plus section of the PlayStation Store. The first 10,000 Plus subscribers to download this theme (5,000 SCEA Plus subscribers and 5,000 SCEE Plus subscribers) will receive access to the Public Beta Trial.

* Check your email
After you’ve downloaded the Killzone 3 XMB Theme, you will receive an email on Oct. 25th containing the Public Beta Trial promotion code and further instructions through the address you registered as your PSN Sign-In ID. Make sure you’ve set your notification preferences to accept emails from SCE, or we won’t be able to contact you.​

Those of you who make it into the Public Beta Trial are expected to provide honest gameplay feedback, report bugs and glitches, and help test our network code in real-world scenarios. In short, we’re counting on you to help us improve Killzone 3! In return you’ll get a good taste of the multiplayer mode, including its brand-new Operations game type, party system, and jetpack and exoskeleton vehicles.

And if that doesn’t convince you to take a shot at the Public Beta Trial, maybe this new trailer will: http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/1291/

Some other facts:

300 codes will also be given out via some other means.

Killzone 3 Public Beta Begins on October 25th!

Starting on October 25th, Beta Trial participants will get to sample several new features of the Killzone 3 multiplayer mode – including the ‘Operations’ game type, party system, and jetpack and exoskeleton vehicles.

Please note that with the exception of a handful of key media partners, access to the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial is exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers from SCEE and SCEA territories. For a full description on how to qualify as an European Plus Subscriber, please check out the instructions on the official European PlayStation.Blog. (A similar post for North-American Plus Subscribers will follow shortly on the official US PlayStation.Blog.) Also, check out that gorgeous new Killzone 3 trailer while you’re over there!

“But Guerrilla,” I hear you mumble as you attempt to tear your eyes away from the trailer. “I’m not a PlayStation Plus subscriber. Isn’t there any other way to get into the Public Beta Trial?”

There is another way, but it’s going to require a bit of luck. It just so happens we still have 300 promotion codes lying around – 150 codes for SCEA territories, and 150 codes for SCEE territories. Next week, we’ll be organizing a giveaway in which 150 individuals from each territory will receive a promotion code that grants them access to the Public Beta Trial. So keep an eye on Killzone.com, @killzonedotcom on Twitter and the official Killzone Page on Facebook for full details of this giveaway!

In the meantime, well... Why not let us know in the comments why you feel you deserve a place in the Public Beta Trial? Best comment gets to cut to the front of the line!

anddo0

Basically pay to get into a beta, no thanks.. Even if you sign up for PS+, it's the first 5000 to download the theme? :lol Nice try but I ain't bitin.

Angst

anddo0 said:
Basically pay to get into a beta, no thanks.. Even if you sign up for PS+, it's the first 5000 to download the theme? :lol Nice try but I ain't bitin.
10k, not 5k

anddo0 said:

They said from day 1 that you would get early access to betas

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
<-- PSN Peasant.

:(

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GUERRILLA PUT A SCREENSHOT FEATURE ON THAT BITCH!!

Was going to Sub anyway and forgot about it. Might as well now. They are teasing something nice for November too, so it'll likely pay off.

anddo0

BattleMonkey said:
They said from day 1 that you would get early access to betas

I'm aware of that, but even that statement was a bit misleading. It's not an automatic entry, you still need to be selected.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Should I feel dirty about being tempted to subscribe to PSN+ now?

Might actually be worth subscribing for a month just to get that beta invite (and to check out the additional content).

Irish

YES! YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!

Suck it, Joe and Bob. :p

Really, they shouldn't let the Euro PSN+ users in after they screwed us out of our weekly updates and other cool stuff. We had a good thing going for us and then you Europeans got greedy and stole all of our goods, leaving us with nothing. :D

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
[trolling]I didn't know there were 10,000 PSN+ subscribers.[/trolling]

I'm hoping I can manage to get in through some other means.

StuBurns

Banned
I really think they could struggle to even get 10k people to download the theme.

I'd play the beta, but I'm not getting plus for it for sure.

Lince

Banned
they should allow every GAFe member in since we won the official Killzone 2 tournament, just sayin'

anddo0

CaptYamato said:
Looks like I am getting plus today.

Entering your name into the lottery? Good luck.

I'm having a blast at the PSBlog, meltdown central.. Sony has done a very poor job with PS+, they have some people claiming they're "entitled" to get in.:lol

StuBurns

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
The beta? Doubtful, they might put up 2 versions of the beta but wouldn't count on it.
What do you mean?

3D is an option on the menu like inverted controls or something. It might not be in the this beta, but I don't get why they'd need to version to include it.

Angst

StuBurns said:
I really think they could struggle to even get 10k people to download the theme.

I'd play the beta, but I'm not getting plus for it for sure.
I'd be surprised if they haven't reached 10 k users yet. Actually Sony knows how many plus users they have and wouldn't have decided on 10 k users if they hadn't enough users.

agaru

alr1ghtstart said:
fuck you PS+

reading the comments
No, there will be other ways to get in, but Plus is your best bet.

i can wait
Nice. 'other ways' means I'll most probably be in since I'm in the Killzone Beta Recruit. :D
And yeah fuck ps+, no way I buy it just for this.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
300 peasant codes.

Killzone 3 Public Beta Begins on October 25th!

Starting on October 25th, Beta Trial participants will get to sample several new features of the Killzone 3 multiplayer mode – including the ‘Operations’ game type, party system, and jetpack and exoskeleton vehicles.

Please note that with the exception of a handful of key media partners, access to the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial is exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers from SCEE and SCEA territories. For a full description on how to qualify as an European Plus Subscriber, please check out the instructions on the official European PlayStation.Blog. (A similar post for North-American Plus Subscribers will follow shortly on the official US PlayStation.Blog.) Also, check out that gorgeous new Killzone 3 trailer while you’re over there!

“But Guerrilla,” I hear you mumble as you attempt to tear your eyes away from the trailer. “I’m not a PlayStation Plus subscriber. Isn’t there any other way to get into the Public Beta Trial?”

There is another way, but it’s going to require a bit of luck. It just so happens we still have 300 promotion codes lying around – 150 codes for SCEA territories, and 150 codes for SCEE territories. Next week, we’ll be organizing a giveaway in which 150 individuals from each territory will receive a promotion code that grants them access to the Public Beta Trial. So keep an eye on Killzone.com, @killzonedotcom on Twitter and the official Killzone Page on Facebook for full details of this giveaway!

In the meantime, well... Why not let us know in the comments why you feel you deserve a place in the Public Beta Trial? Best comment gets to cut to the front of the line!

Killthee said:
300 peasant codes.
oh god. i hope it's not based on posting on the blog because i don't know how they monitor trollers. do it get added to the latest replies or pushed in when it was posted. i hope it's a twitter/email thing. :lol

StuBurns

Banned
Angst said:
I'd be surprised if they haven't reached 10 k users yet. Actually Sony knows how many plus users they have and wouldn't have decided on 10 k users if they hadn't enough users.
Well of course, however how many of them will want a KZ theme? Or will know about it being connected to a beta? If there was "Plus users, get this KZ MP BETA!!!", sure, but if it's download some lame theme, I doubt it.

Also, I imagine Sony are hoping this will get people to buy plus, so they could be counting that to their idea of potential users.

Top Bottom