• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Beta Details (Starts 10/25, requires PS+, only 10k spots open)

distrbnce

Banned
VGChampion said:
I think they're hoping a little to much. 99% of the people who get in probably won't report a thing.

I'm sure every developer takes that into account for a beta... (although it's probably a little more accurate of a percentage)

Konosuke

No Move Support sucks. Unless they are using the same configuration as MAG 2.0. But I was really looking forward to it. I think the EU Stores don't update all at the same time, so unless the sync it it's going to be very sucky. I want in damnit.

distrbnce

Banned
snap0212 said:
when exactly did they talk about how actually not everyone would get into the betas?

They mistakingly assumed we would all come to that rational conclusion. The PSN+ user base is larger than most betas require.

distrbnce said:
No, as an adult who reads things, I was under the impression that for 15 months I would be "the first to receive invitations on select Betas".

I was never under the impression that the entire PSN+ user base would be part of every beta available on PS3, but that's a silly thing to think anyway.

Ohkay sorry if I upset you by assuming when everyone pays the same amount of money they would all be entitled to the same service, I guess when I pay for my phone bill this month I will assume I will get a shitter service than my neighbour who is with the same company.... fuck off junior twat (my bad, not a junior just posts like one)

Btw your post reads like a 5 year old childs rather than an adult.

Konosuke said:
No Move Support sucks. Unless they are using the same configuration as MAG 2.0. But I was really looking forward to it. I think the EU Stores don't update all at the same time, so unless the sync it it's going to be very sucky. I want in damnit.

It's not surprising that it doesn't have Move support since they've said that they're still unsure if Move and DS3 people will be able to play together.

A.R.K

why all the bitching?? They can't let every PSN+ member in on the beta...that would be ridiculous...betas are always limited...and they never promised PSN+ members that you will always get in...just try your luck hopefully you are one of the few lucky ones. And this is one of the way for Sony to attract more ppl to subscribe to PSN+ memberships...its business that's all.

distrbnce

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
Ohkay sorry if I upset you by assuming when everyone pays the same amount of money they would all be entitled to the same service, I guess when I pay for my phone bill this month I will assume I will get a shitter service than my neighbour who is with the same company.... fuck off junior twat

Btw your post reads like a 5 year old childs rather than an adult.

Well just educate yourself and don't assume and you can avoid this sort of disappointment down the road.

You're really, REALLY telling me that you assumed every PSN+ member would get into every PS3 beta? Since you're a non-junior, this is very surprising to me.

EDIT:
:lol and i joined 2 years before you

Carl

SolidSnakex said:
It's not surprising that it doesn't have Move support since they've said that they're still unsure if Move and DS3 people will be able to play together.

Well the way to decide would, surely, be to...y'know...try it out?

JWong

Banned
Hey guys. Games can have more than one beta phase. Expect more invites later on, except it's probably only PSN+.

Konosuke

SolidSnakex said:
A beta would be perfect to test how well Move and DS3 people blend in.

distrbnce said:
Well just educate yourself and don't assume and you can avoid this sort of disappointment down the road.

You're really, REALLY telling me that you assumed every PSN+ member would get into every PS3 beta? Since you're a non-junior, this is very surprising to me.

No, still think its unfair that whether you can get on a beta is dependant on what time you access your PS3, wouldn't it be better to make it for example this beta I get in and you don't, next beta for infamous 2 you get in and I don't?

distrbnce said:
EDIT: lol and i joined 2 years before you

I edited it in afterwards when I checked, i've seen other people make the same mistake (damn tags :lol )

distrbnce said:
I'm sure every developer takes that into account for a beta... (although it's probably a little more accurate of a percentage)

It depends on how easy they make it to report bugs. If there is a facility in-game to do so, then more will probably do it. If they have to take notes and go to their PCs to do it, probably very few.

At the very least, there should be a game-breaking bug report feature if an exception is thrown in the code that you can report the error similar to how Microsoft does it with Windows.

Fuck, now I want to buy a useless subscription, I must be strong and resist, it's just a beta, and there is no Move support apparently :lol

Carl

Oh so apparently the theme won't even dissappear after 10,000 downloads. So you won't know if you are in til you get the email a week later.

The store is going to be completely forked on 13th.

Majine

Banned
Carl said:
Oh so apparently the theme won't even dissappear after 10,000 downloads. So you won't know if you are in til you get the email a week later.

The store is going to be completely forked on 19th.

Ok, Everyone rates the theme so we can keep track! :lol

snap0212

A.R.K said:
why all the bitching?? They can't let every PSN+ member in on the beta...that would be ridiculous...betas are always limited...and they never promised PSN+ members that you will always get in...just try your luck hopefully you are one of the few lucky ones. And this is one of the way for Sony to attract more ppl to subscribe to PSN+ memberships...its business that's all.
Just imagine buying the same product as the person next to you. Your product is not as good as his. You're cool with this, because no one ever told you that both of you would get exactly the same?

meppi

Finally some concrete details.

One thing I hate though is that I have no idea if I'll be able to download the theme in time since I work in shifts. Damnit. :(

Dizzy

Banned
I hope Killzone isn't popular enough to crash the servers next week with everyone clicking on the store non-stop around the time it updates.

I'm already a +subscriber so I might as well try for it.

Kittonwy

Banned
RockmanWhore said:
Fuck, now I want to buy a useless subscription, I must be strong and resist, it's just a beta, and there is no Move support apparently :lol

It's not useless, you get to be PLUS.
Indifferent2.gif

distrbnce

Banned
RockmanWhore said:

If it's useless, why on earth do you want it?

kyo_daikun said:
No, still think its unfair that whether you can get on a beta is dependant on what time you access your PS3, wouldn't it be better to make it for example this beta I get in and you don't, next beta for infamous 2 you get in and I don't?
I edited it in afterwards when I checked, i've seen other people make the same mistake (damn tags :lol )

Okay, well that's completely different than "you are paying extra for a service that promises beta access".

Either way, how would you suggest? A staggered download? Some amount per hour? So then people who are off one hour complain that there are only 250 slots allocated for that hour and they were all taken?

Re-post from earlier: GG, you can't please everybody. Do it how you need to and let people complain in forums... you have a job to do.

I just wish NeoGAF wasn't the forum you were choosing... that's why I came here.

AndyD

aka andydumi
kyo_daikun said:
Just checked my roster and im off on the 19th, will be throughly camping out the PSN store :lol

Hehe. Me too on the camping, but I will be working from home. :lol

15k is a lot for a beta. I have done betas before with 200-300 people in there.

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
I've got into every beta for 360 or PC games I've had even a passing interest in, yet still have never gained access to any PS3 beta (pre-PSN+ as well) I've tried for. Well, except for Medal of Honor, but I got that code at E3.

Not a big deal really, just curious. I guess I'm just not Hardcore! enough. :0

Nizz

I like the Killzone franchise, but not enough to make me grab PS+ to get in on this beta. Have fun, people who get in. I'll be waiting for vague impressions of it here. :)

lunlunqq

pssssst……who cares about the peasants. i say scrape the idea of having peasant codes. give those 300 opportunities back to us PS+ members.

distrbnce said:
Okay, well that's completely different than "you are paying extra for a service that promises beta access".

Either way, how would you suggest? A staggered download? Some amount per hour? So then people who are off one hour complain that there are only 250 slots allocated for that hour and they were all taken?

Re-post from earlier: GG, you can't please everybody. Do it how you need to and let people complain in forums... you have a job to do.

I just wish NeoGAF wasn't the forum you were choosing... that's why I came here.

I was pretty sure they always said that there would be access to beta's, obviously nothing happened for a while then we have 2 in the space of like 3 weeks after people complained, so I still feel they were considered as part of the service, as such I don't see how someone who pays the exact same money as me has more right to the beta just because they were on their PS3 at the time of the update.

I would have thought the fairest option would be to get a list of all the plus users, select 10,000 for the beta, when the next beta comes up select the next 10,000 people who were not in the previous beta and so on till it rolls back round to the people who were in the first beta and start again, or select the people by date they signed up to PSN+ and work your way forward in the same manner, its not rocket science is it?

AndyD

aka andydumi
kyo_daikun said:
I would have thought the fairest option would be to get a list of all the plus users, select 10,000 for the beta, when the next beta comes up select the next 10,000 people who were not in the previous beta and so on till it rolls back round to the people who were in the first beta and start again, or select the people by date they signed up to PSN+ and work your way forward in the same manner, its not rocket science is it?

That's a pretty bad system. Because they want 10k people who will want to play it. And with your method, there may not be any at all, same with random assignment. And its a beta not a demo, so they want people who know shooters and who are willing to put up with bugs and whatnot.

They can't let everyone in due to the size of the + population I assume, so this seems a good approach.

I may want to try this game but not another, so I will only try for the ones I want.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Any chance of still getting in this bitch (SCEA)?

I was in the first, played the shit out of KZ2 and just can't imagine myself not being apart of it, even if I have to buy that damned PSN+.

AndyD

aka andydumi
belvedere said:

I was in the first, played the shit out of KZ2 and just can't imagine myself not being apart of it, even if I have to buy that damned PSN+.

Read the OP. Access wot open until the 13th in EU and 19th in US.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Bah, I really want in but it requires PS+? I'm not that gullible, Sony. If it was guaranteed I might consider, but it's not.

Bummer, I should have been in this thing.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
belvedere said:

The theme doesn't go up till the 19th, buy Plus now and pray you download the theme on time (don't forget you can use the search button to search for stuff before the storefront is updated). Or pray you're one of the lucky 150 who gets a peasant code.

distrbnce

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
I was pretty sure they always said that there would be access to beta's, obviously nothing happened for a while then we have 2 in the space of like 3 weeks after people complained, so I still feel they were considered as part of the service, as such I don't see how someone who pays the exact same money as me has more right to the beta just because they were on their PS3 at the time of the update.

You were pretty sure, but my understanding was always clear. One of us just read more or something.

Maybe the idea is that people who take off work (though the store usually goes up after normal work hours) are more willing to work for Sony than people who don't, and that, end the end, is what a beta is all about.

AndyD said:
That's a pretty bad system. Because they want 10k people who will want to play it. And with your method, there may not be any at all, same with random assignment. And its a beta not a demo, so they want people who know shooters and who are willing to put up with bugs and whatnot.

They can't let everyone in due to the size of the + population I assume, so this seems a good approach.

I may want to try this game but not another, so I will only try for the ones I want.

You will still get a lot of people who download it then don't bother playing it/ download the theme without knowing about the beta and don't use their code through email.

distrbnce said:
You were pretty sure, but my understanding was always clear. One of us just read more or something.

It's plus owners only hence it is obviously part of the service, otherwise it would have been available to all PSN users, discussion closed?

Store updates 3-4pm UK time, anyone who finishes work around that time is highly lucky I must say.

Top Bottom