• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 Beta Details (Starts 10/25, requires PS+, only 10k spots open)

Carl

Like i said on the blog, utter bullshit. Either offer it to ALL PS+ people, or offer it to everyone outside of the PS+. Send out random emails like every other Beta do.

Also, no Move support, which will need testing.

Fix this shit, Guerilla!

DMPrince said:
oh god. i hope it's not based on posting on the blog because i don't know how they monitor trollers. do it get added to the latest replies or pushed in when it was posted. i hope it's a twitter/email thing. :lol

Those codes usually go out to people who are very active on PSN or who've spent a lot of time with a specific game online (like the LBP2 beta).

Angst

StuBurns said:
Well of course, however how many of them will want a KZ theme? Or will know about it being connected to a beta? If there was "Plus users, get this KZ MP BETA!!!", sure, but if it's download some lame theme, I doubt it.

Also, I imagine Sony are hoping this will get people to buy plus, so they could be counting that to their idea of potential users.
Good point. They probably hopes / think they'll get a lot of new subs.

well thats a nice surprise :D

Im gonna be waiting on the PSN store that day for the update, lets just hope they update properly unlike the last couple of months with plus!

Carl said:
Like i said on the blog, utter bullshit. Either offer it to ALL PS+ people, or offer it to everyone outside of the PS+. Send out random emails like every other Beta do.

Fix this shit, Guerilla!

no point to give it to all PS+ users. I mean do you think all of them are KZ fan? only the fans who do this will get it.

distrbnce

Banned
Kinda makes sense to give the beta to enthusiasts, and PSN+ is a clear metric.

Are people more upset that it's only PSN+ or that there are a limited number of spots?

Both seem pretty logical/rational, do we have to be a group of crybabies?

anddo0 said:
Entering your name into the lottery? Good luck.

I'm having a blast at the PSBlog, meltdown central.. Sony has done a very poor job with PS+, they have some people claiming they're "entitled" to get in.:lol
Really? I'm going to check out commence after my shower.

I predict this store update will occur about 8 hours late and the store will be crashing from denial of service reloads all night. Sweet.

I have plus and move, so I'll be trying my luck to see what it's like. Whoops, no move and no 3D.

Aryeh Loeb | October 7th, 2010 at 10:14 am
Nope, this Beta is all about gameplay. Move and 3D are not supported here.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Damn you Guerrilla !!

So.. how much does PSN+ costs?

Carl said:

Fix this shit, Guerilla!

I agree that if its a plus only thing then ALL plus owners should get it, I don't class this as a benefit of plus as not everyone will get it.

distrbnce said:
Kinda makes sense to give the beta to enthusiasts, and PSN+ is a clear metric.

Are people more upset that it's only PSN+ or that there are a limited number of spots?

Both seem pretty logical/rational, do we have to be a group of crybabies?
Its just the non + peasants that are crying but they are of no concern :D

Carl

DMPrince said:
no point to give it to all PS+ users. I mean do you think all of them are KZ fan? only the fans who do this will get it.

That's not how i meant.

I pay £40 a year to access PS+. And i don't get selected.
Mr X pays £40 a year to access PS+. And he does get selected.

Might just be me, but i think that's rather stupid and a bit unfair.

God dammit, I probably won't get home from work early enough to download this theme and be one of the first 10,000 5,000... fucking bullshit.

anddo0

Darkatomz said:
From the blog:

Aryeh Loeb | October 7th, 2010 at 10:14 am

Nope, this Beta is all about gameplay. Move and 3D are not supported here.

LOL, what? That's disappointing.

alr1ghtstart said:
Will wait for meltdowns of people buying + and not getting in.

Haha yeah that would be highly tragic.

I knew they wouldn't do 3D, why add a couple of gig download when a vast majority don't have 3D tv's?

Edit: Im assuming that europe got a higher figure because they have more plus users?

I have a very small friend list (sad I know) but I would say 90% of people have plus oddly.

StuBurns

Banned
Carl said:
That's not how i meant.

I pay £40 a year to access PS+. And i don't get selected.
Mr X pays £40 a year to access PS+. And he does get selected.

Might just be me, but i think that's rather stupid and a bit unfair.
How is it different to any beta with random selections?

I pay $500 for a PS3 and don't get selected.
Mr Y payed $500 for a PS3 and does get selected.

Majine

Banned
polyh3dron said:
God dammit, I probably won't get home from work early enough to download this theme and be one of the first 10,000... fucking bullshit.

This is why we need a Store on the interwebs.

A.R.K

KZ3 Beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA.....oh PSN+ only :(

Will try the other ways to get the code (code begging thread, website giveaways).

Things I want to see in KZ3 MP:

1. customizable look for your character
2. screen/video capture mode
3. more exotic/futuristic weapons

I doubt any would be true :/

Carl

StuBurns said:

Fair point i guess. Still seems a little unfair to me though. Especially considering the update goes live at a time when most people are at work

My god, I hope I get in! KZ2 has been by far my favorite MP experience (followed by U2 MP before they ruined it)! I was in all 3 phases of the Beta last time, and it was pretty much all I played! Logged a shit ton of hours!!!!!

distrbnce

Banned
Carl said:
Fair point i guess. Still seems a little unfair to me though. Especially considering the update goes live at a time when most people are at work

GG, you can't please everybody. Do it how you need to and let people complain in forums... you have a job to do.

StuBurns said:

Yeah but when you are paying extra for a service that promises beta access its a bit off to then limit it to people who are able to get on their faster, assassins creed wasn't like this so why should KZ3 be different?

You weren't promised to get into beta's when you bought a PS3, it wasnt advertised as a perk whereas for PSN+ it was.

Majine

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
assassins creed wasn't like this so why should KZ3 be different?

Betas are designed for a number of people. They obviously monitor the Plus userbase, and decided it was too big for the beta.

StuBurns

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
Yeah but when you are paying extra for a service that promises beta access its a bit off to then limit it to people who are able to get on their faster, assassins creed wasn't like this so why should KZ3 be different?
I wasn't aware the Plus was sold as giving early access to beta's, in that case it is pretty fucking shitty yeah. I apologize.

There is a KZ3 Beta
There'll probably be another LBP2 beta.
There'll probably be a SOCOM 4 beta
There'll probably be a Twisted Metal beta
There'll probably be a Resistance 3 beta
There'll probably be an Uncharted 3 beta
There'll probably be a Starhawk Beta
If inFAMOUS 2 has MP, there'll probably be an inFAMOUS 2 beta.

and then there are the 3rd party ones.

I might as well get it now and get a load of free stuff in the process and cheaper DLC.

Still needs a lot of work though, PS+.

No45

Not sure if this has been posted in here, but the numbers are 10k for SCEE, 5k for SCEA. This is according to the responder on the EU blog comments. Looks like I'll be skipping the gym next Wednesday then, unless they update the store early.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Welp

*bends over*

I'll be ponying up 20 bucks to get a 3 month Plus Membership to beta-ize myself.

You fucking win SCE.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/10/playstation-plus-faq/

Q: What about those exclusive game betas?
A: Betas have limited invites and based on selection criteria not every PlayStation Plus member will get access to every beta; however, we’re working with game developers to make qualified PlayStation Plus members the first to gain access.
Many game betas are done to test certain parts of a game or certain functionality (like previous game add-on integration) so that when the final version of the game launches, it’s the best it can be. Oftentimes, betas are extremely limited as well. We need to ensure that members of Plus meet that individual beta’s requirement to be issued an exclusive invite.
There are two betas for PlayStation Plus members coming up shortly and more details will be announced soon.

no where does it say that you are automatically in. You bought into a service before they laid out the ground plans. :lol

again. I highly doubt 10K people bought PSN+. if there is. then more power to sony :lol

Majine

Banned
Shadow780 said:
Let's hope there're only 20k PSN+ subbers, and 5000 of them don't care about KZ3. :lol

There are 208 people playing KZ2 right now, worldwide.

I think I'll get in. :lol

distrbnce

Banned
kyo_daikun said:

You weren't promised to get into beta's when you bought a PS3, it wasnt advertised as a perk whereas for PSN+ it was.

No, as an adult who reads things, I was under the impression that for 15 months I would be "the first to receive invitations on select Betas".

I was never under the impression that the entire PSN+ user base would be part of every beta available on PS3, but that's a silly thing to think anyway.

Those of you who make it into the Public Beta Trial are expected to provide honest gameplay feedback, report bugs and glitches, and help test our network code in real-world scenarios.

I think they're hoping a little to much. 99% of the people who get in probably won't report a thing.

Majine said:
There are 208 people playing KZ2 right now, worldwide.

I think I'll get in. :lol

To be fair, it's the middle of a Thursday. Can't see many people playing video games at this time.

No45 said:
Not sure if this has been posted in here, but the numbers are 10k for SCEE, 5k for SCEA. This is according to the responder on the EU blog comments. Looks like I'll be skipping the gym next Wednesday then, unless they update the store early.

19th is tuesday, god knows what time they will put the european one up (guessing america plus will be same time as the standard update)

Carl

DMPrince said:

no where does it say that you are automatically in. You bought into a service before they laid out the ground plans. :lol

again. I highly doubt 10K people bought PSN+. if there is. then more power to sony :lol

Games: ....You'll also get exclusive PlayStation Store discounts and early access to demos and beta trials. ...

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/services/detail/item285514/PlayStation®Plus/

Doesn't mention "if you are online within 5 seconds of the store update" anywhere

Don't remember where I heard this but apparently there are just over 50,000 psn+ members. Worldwide I guess. Not sure if true.

Going to have to camp out the ps store that day. Lame.

snap0212

DMPrince said:

I was already waiting until someone posts this FAQ here. :lol The only reason Sony published this Blog Post was to make sure they get this information out. Everything else in this FAQ was already known. The Beta-Part was never even mentioned. This Blog post was also published a long time after people have bought the subscription. There was not one single indication, never, ever that not every PS+ user would get the same stuff. Sony always said Betas were going to be part of PS+ - when exactly did they talk about how actually not everyone would get into the betas?

Top Bottom