• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 beta codes and preload is up (for PS4)

Mikey Jr.

xihdUey.jpg

In the D2 Beta, the Homecoming story mission will be open to all. The Strike and Crucible will require PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold.
Pre-load only is up right now. Up on Xbox as well. PC at a different date.

Servers are NOT up. This is just for the pre-load this Tuesday.

12.596 GB for the full thing.
Update: Plus new patch 1.02 at 1.281 GB.

1. Go to Bungie.net
2. Sign in
3. Profile (your little icon)
4. Codes (top bar)
5. And it should be there. (Says Destiny 2 beta) Then just punch them into your console and start downloading.

If you have pre-ordered the game via PSN North America, try this link.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/destiny-2-beta/cid=UP0002-CUSA08415_00-DESTINY2BETA0001

--------------

***2 methods you can use as of this time if you don't have a key***

Method 1: Amazon
If you don't have a code, but would like one. This still works. (no guarantee from me)

1. Go to Amazon
2. Pre-order Destiny 2
3. Receive code via email (could be a few days to a few hours to minutes. It's random. People have had success talking to Amazon support chat))
4. Put code into Bungie website
5. Hopefully you'll get it. Do NOT cancel pre-order till you receive code.
6. Cancel the pre-order or keep it. Up to you.

Method 2: PSN Hong Kong
Create a Hong Kong account on PSN, where you can download the beta freely. Then just switch to your NA account once downloaded, and it should be there I believe.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-hk/games/destiny-2-beta/cid=JP9200-CUSA08483_00-ASIAINY2BETA0001

Make sure to log out of your region's PSN account first, or it takes you to your region's PSN.

Edit: If anyone needs help creating a HK account, found a pretty easy tutorial on Youtube that takes only a few minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dqoVVN5e1A

--------------

Time until PS4 beta begins
t1500397200z4.png

Time until Xbox beta begins
t1500483600z4.png

Time until Open beta for both PS4 and Xbox
t1500656400z4.png

July 18, 10 AM Pacific : PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Participants
July 19, 10 AM Pacific : Xbox One Pre-Order Participants
July 21, 10 AM Pacific : Open Beta for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
July 23, 10 AM Pacific : Social Matchmaking Test available for one hour
July 23, 9 PM Pacific : Beta Concludes

-------------

Activities

Through the Destiny 2 Beta, players will have limited access to Campaign, Crucible, and Strike activities. Activities do not require a valid PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Subscription for access.

Campaign: Homecoming

When launching the Destiny 2 Beta, players will first create a Character and play through the campaign mission Homecoming.

Fireteam size: 1

Matchmaking: Unavailable

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crucible: Countdown and Control

Players will have access to two Crucible game types, each featuring a specific map.

Countdown: Attack and Defend objective gametype with Elimination rules. First team to 6 round score limit wins the match.
Control: Teams compete to control objective zones witch grant additional points when defeating opponents. Reaching the score limit or having the highest score by time limit wins the match

Fireteam size: 1-4

Matchmaking: Available

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strike: The Inverted Spire

Players will have access to one Strike activity. Players are placed into a Fireteam to complete objectives and proceed through Beta content on the planet Nessus.

Fireteam size: 1-3

Matchmaking: Available

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Social Matchmaking Test
On Sunday July 23 at 10:00 AM Pacific, players will have access to the Social Matchmaking Test Activity. This will be available for one hour for Destiny Service testing.

Destiny 2 Title Screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDg5BfX-dnQ

Namikaze1

So I preordered on the PlayStation store...are we saying I should have a Destiny 2 Beta Code on my Bungie.Net profile that's linked to my PSN? Cuz I don't :(

Yeah, that's all I got.
If you preordered on the PS Store, just search Destiny 2. One of the options is Destiny 2 - Beta.

As a reminder, there WILL be an open beta so even if you don't pre order, get a code, whatever you CAN STILL PLAY for like 3 days, pre order code havers just get an extra 2-3 days and of course a 5 day preload for 12.5 gig download.

The PC beta is NOT happening in July either, only PS4 and xbox one.

TSAR

For anyone who preordered on the PSN, just search the store for "Destiny 2 Beta". It'll come up and you can download there

GhaleonEB

Nice, glad the preload is up. I took the 18th off work, so it will be nice to spend that time playing and not downloading.

Top Bottom