• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 beta codes and preload is up (for PS4)

Mikey Jr.

July 18, 10 AM Pacific : PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Participants
July 19, 10 AM Pacific : Xbox One Pre-Order Participants
July 21, 10 AM Pacific : Open Beta for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
July 23, 10 AM Pacific : Social Matchmaking Test available for one hour
July 23, 9 PM Pacific : Beta Concludes

Stealing this.

Dynomutt

Will matchmaking work for all activities or is it only for multi-player? Like will the Homecoming mission be available to to match-making?

Trace

Banned
Will matchmaking work for all activities or is it only for multi-player? Like will the Homecoming mission be available to to match-making?

Matchmaking will be for the strike/PvP, Homecoming will probably be solo but u can invite friends.

modsbox

I'd love a code, but I don't wanna be a scumbag and preorder only to cancel.

Another option would be to preorder on Amazon to get the code, then wait and see if you really enjoy the beta.

If you don't canceling the preorder is entirely fair. You tried it out and decided you no longer want to buy it.

And if you like it, well then keep the preorder if you're going to go physical.

Floody

Pre ordered digitally in Germany. I can see the download now button, but it's gray-ed out. PS4.

Help?

I can downlod it, but there is a lock, is activated as primary. Weird.

Try restoring Licence. UK account but was able to download it fine without setting my account to primary.

Do I have to have PSPlus or Xbox Live Gold to play the beta?

PS store says Plus is required for most content. I think it's copy pasted from the base game though, but probably still the case. Xbox is probably the same.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oh man, the title screen music.

Seriously, just boot it up and let it sit for 10 minutes. It builds up to something pretty epic and after that, turns into a nice slow theme.

Ok so those who preordered from Amazon and recevied there first code the actual beta code is there. Just repunch in your old code then view file and select the platform of choice and your code will be there.

B D Joe

Yeah id love a code but like others have said I would feel bad ordering then cancelling.

Is there another way to get one or is it strictly pre orders?

Bold One

It's amazon, so physical.

wait what, so the beta only goes live next week? ... why is everyone so impatient then lol I thought it was live today.
if that is the case - I must beg for codes.

Please fellow Guardians, spare codes, please donate in my inbox.

tenor.gif

graybot

Hi, I will be pre ordering this for my son

We gameshare on PS4, so I buy everything on my account and he can download onto his console

How will this work for the beta? If I pre order will he be able to use the code on his console?

purg3

slept with Malkin
got my 2 codes through Bungie.net by signing in and going to my profile. Selecting "Codes" and picking my platforms.

Floody

We gameshare on PS4, so I buy everything on my account and he can download onto his console

How will this work for the beta? If I pre order will he be able to use the code on his console?

He'll have to start the download through your account on his PS4, then it should work like every other digital game.

Mengetsu

When you redeem the code download it to your console then sign out and sign in to your account on his PS4 and go to your download library and start the download on his PS4. When done sign your son account back in and you should be good to go.

Yes, do you have the PlayStation app on your phone? If so what I do is go to the PlayStation store app through my phone then you will see the Destiny 2 beta already there if you downloaded it. Click on it and add to download que and the download will start on the gameshared PlayStation.

graybot

Yes, do you have the PlayStation app on your phone? If so what I do is go to the PlayStation store app through my phone then you will see the Destiny 2 beta already there if you downloaded it. Click on it and add to download que and the download will start on the gameshared PlayStation.
Thanks I have pre ordered the special edition

But I see nowhere to download the beta

Kudo

If someone has extra code they don't have use for, I know I'd put it in good use and appreciate it.
NA/EU both work as I have accounts for both.

Does pre-ordering only give you access to one beta? I wonder how does it work if you pre-ordered for PC as that's later.

Top Bottom