• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
SYRIO IS DEAD.

And if Jaqen was Syrio, why not tell Arya that when they met in S2?

People are latching onto something they want, without realising that most things in this show don't have a happy ending.

Like the Hound said, Syrio was unarmed, and faced with Meryn Trant, who was armoured and had a big fucking sword.

SYRIO IS DEAD.

Deku Tree

So there is some new non-spoilery theory on the internet about the true lineage of
Jon Snow
based upon the last episode?

My wife was sort of telling me about it earlier but it sounded confusing...

Don't know if this has been posted before, but I just saw it on Facebook. What does everyone think?

i9Au7XT.jpg

That anyone who believes this is racist.

Not all Braavosi people are the same people!

Lemme ask ya'all something.

How can Syrio be dead, when he told Death: "not today"? Are you guys calling Death, our lord, a bad listener?

Yes, he's dead.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So there is some new non-spoilery theory on the internet about the true lineage of
Jon Snow
based upon the last episode?

My wife was sort of telling me about it earlier but it sounded confusing...

I read a few post back in here where people said he might be Dany's older brother (not the one who got killed by Drogo, the one who the guy who got killed at the was speaking about). But I don't see how that could work.

Just a heads up. It would be a very bad idea to search any GoT theory simply because you'll inevitably run into spoilers connected or not connected to it - whether it's suggested videos on youtube or something else. I know a couple people who got spoiled simply due to looking "that theory" up and seeing shit they weren't looking for.

Makes far more sense to PM questions to people who can give you info without spoilers such as myself or Cornballer.

I went back and rewatched some season 3 scenes, including The Hound's trial by combat, and when The Hound was set free Beric said "the Lord of Light isn't done with you yet". Just something interesting to consider, what if The Hound could be brought back through the Lord of Light? The idea doesn't make much sense but it's an interesting line.
I took it as he has more violence incoming, which he did.

Pretty sure you need a red priest around soon after your death to be properly resurrected. He died in the middle of nowhere.

Just a heads up. It would be a very bad idea to search any GoT theory simply because you'll inevitably run into spoilers connected or not connected to it - whether it's suggested videos on youtube or something else. I know a couple people who got spoiled simply due to looking "that theory" up and seeing shit they weren't looking for.

Robb's death was spoiled for me by typing in Robb Stark into google and one of the auto-filled options said dies at the end of season 3 wedding, or something like that.

Tywin's death was spoiled for me a hour before the episode aired, I was on gamefaqs in a BF4 thread and someone just decided to post Tywin gets it on the crapper tonight.

No place is safe.

Robb's death was spoiled for me by typing in Robb Stark into google and one of the auto-filled options said dies at the end of season 3 wedding, or something like that.

Tywin's death was spoiled for me a hour before the episode aired, I was on gamefaqs in a BF4 thread and someone just decided to post Tywin gets it on the crapper tonight.

No place is safe.

I don't google anything GoT-related because of that reason. This is the only GoT-anything I visit outside of talking to friends about the show.

Your second point is just bad luck, lol. Robb was spoiled for me in similar fashion, although not as directly or intentionally. Ah well, life goes on.

What if Ser Pounce is also Jaqen/Syrio/Braavosi ship captain?

That explains why we've yet to see him this season, he's obviously in Braavos.

I don't google anything GoT-related because of that reason. This is the only GoT-anything I visit outside of talking to friends about the show.

Your second point is just bad luck, lol. Robb was spoiled for me in similar fashion, although not as directly or intentionally. Ah well, life goes on.

Yeah, the gamefaqs one was definitely just crap timing. I learned my lesson, this thread is my only exposure, and the hbo website.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Frankenmountain vs Jesushound Lol

I miss the hound :(

You kid, but I am almost 100% certain that this will happen. It makes far too much sense to me.

The Hound still needs his redemption against his brother, and who better to eventually put down the Mountain for good than the Hound? You tie up that arc between the two while also giving a good reason for the Hound's return and providing a formidable obstacle for the Mountain later on.

Just rewatched the episode. Don't think the big ending Meereen scene was as poor as most people seem to. Ser Barristan goes down having killed at least a dozen Sons of the Harpy single-handedly. The Unsullied also stood no chance, they were surrounded and outnumbered by about 4 to 1. They may have been trained to fight but still, those aren't great odds, especially in a fighting arena they aren't used to and one which doesn't suit their combat style. The whole scene was bordering on full-blown riot towards the end so I'm especially excited to see how the rest of the Meereen storyline plays out.

rambis

Banned
Iron Bank people are sophisticated and rich.

What does this mean? So why should I believe this changes anything? Its fiction. Who knows what degree's the author/directors goes in crafting these minute details. There's far too little evidence available for a somewhat plausible theory to be so dismissive.

Jaqen is a guy who uses mysterious magic worshiping an unknown religion in a largely unknown order. Who knows what he really is..

This "not dead until explicitly confirmed" thing doesn't make sense to me. Since when is there precedent in the show for someone to have a mortal encounter, not be shown to die, and then come back later?

Ferrio

Banned
Wow that was weird..... did I go through a timewarp? Seriously questioned my sanity for like 2 minutes, good to see that's gone now though./

Nameless

Rhaegar sounds like a dick. Singing throughout the streets like a tool, dissing the fuck out of his own wife while disrespecting Robert before starting a war for a piece of Norhern ass. Hopefully we do get a flashback season one day so I can watch Robert cave that douche bag's chest in.

Ferrio

Banned
Rhaegar sounds like a dick. Singing throughout the streets like a tool, dissing the fuck out of his own wife while disrespecting Robert before starting a war for a piece of Norhern ass. Hopefully we do get a flashback season one day so I can watch Robert cave that douche bag's chest in.

Think you got the wrong message outta the Rhaegar stories.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Don't know if this has been posted before, but I just saw it on Facebook. What does everyone think?

i9Au7XT.jpg

All americans clap after eating, so we are all the same person.

Nameless

Think you got the wrong message outta the Rhaegar stories.

Nah he just doesn't sound like a character I'd like. Sure, Baristann's story was meant to endear us towards Rhaegar, but there's no way to spin riding past your wife to lay flowers at the feet of a woman promised to another, then starting a war for that woman, as anything but an asshole move.

Lorcain

The fight scene between the Unsullied patrols and the Sons of Harpy was a bit goofy. I did my best just to roll with it, but I'm pretty sure the harpies would've been smeared and stomped all over the floors and walls by a squad of Unsulled fighting to the death.

I'm struggling with the hopping narrative style of the show. It's frustrating to get drawn into one storyline (like Aryia's) only to be yanked 2 minutes later back to Kings Landing. I know it's always been like that, but it seems worse this season...or I'm growing less patient with it.

I'm looking forward to the point when Cersei realizes she fucked up by empowering religious fanatics. That was an insanely short-sighted move.

I'm liking the Bronn and Jamie bro adventure. It's like a Star Trek away mission with just 2 bro's in an exotic land with killer lady assassins.

You kid, but I am almost 100% certain that this will happen. It makes far too much sense to me.

The Hound still needs his redemption against his brother, and who better to eventually put down the Mountain for good than the Hound? You tie up that arc between the two while also giving a good reason for the Hound's return and providing a formidable obstacle for the Mountain later on.

This moment was amazing

tumblr_moqh7pcRSm1rjonkoo10_250.gif

We need more sandor vs the mountain

Plis :(

Me too :-(. But I'm happy that Bronn is back in the game.

Yeah my too, i like that bastard :)

Razmos

Finally got around to watching episode 4.

In this episode we learn that religion fucking sucks and that homophobia is a very nasty thing.

I sorta liked the scene where Jaime sees the Sapphire Isles and he stares off wistfully into the distance thinking about Brienne. The later line about dying in the arms of the woman he loves made me think of him and Brienne due to this. It almost sounds like foreshadowing.

Bronn and Jaime are a fun pair, and the sandsnakes are awesome already. Loved Obara's speech about her preferred weapon of choice (the spear, rather than a woman's tears)

I thought Sansa and Petyr's conversation was very exposition heavy, and the bit about Stannis taking over and Sansa becoming wardeness was a bit on the nose, it didn't need to be explained like that, we get it, we can piece it together ourselves, thanks.

Margaery getting angry at Tommen was a cool scene, she is so cooly manipulative even while upset.

I got the impression that Master of Coin Tyrell (can't remember his name) is going to "accidentally" die on the way to the Iron Bank.

The fight scene at the end reallllly sucked. The choreography was horrible and I find it very hard to believe that all the unsullied were killed so easily while Grey Worm, due to not being a red shirt, was somehow able to hold off like, 20 of them. The music sucked also.

Oh, and there's your obligatory Melisandre boobs for the season guys.

Kvik

The fight scene at the end reallllly sucked. The choreography was horrible

Ser Barristan Selmy, the greatest fighter of Westeros, let himself be flanked by a masked mob with rusty daggers. I expected him to carve through all of them like cutting a cake. Instead, the fight was like Vader vs. Old Ben Kenobi all over again.

Nameless

Ser Barristan Selmy, the greatest fighter of Westeros, let himself be flanked by a masked mob with rusty daggers. I expected him to carve through all of them like cutting a cake. Instead, the fight was like Vader vs. Old Ben Kenobi all over again.

You act like he's not an armorless 60 year old man who killed 10 dudes before finally being overwhelmed in a tight space.

DrSlek

SYRIO IS DEAD.

People are latching onto something they want, without realising that most things in this show don't have a happy ending.

Like the Hound said, Syrio was unarmed, and faced with Meryn Trant, who was armoured and had a big fucking sword.

SYRIO IS DEAD.

I have a theory that Jaqen is everybody who is not Arya. Jaqen H'ghar marched south with 20000 Jaqen H'ghars to see if Jaqen H'ghar really shits gold. Jaqen H'ghar executed Jaqen H'ghar at the end of season 1 and mounted his head on a spike, then showed it to Jaqen H'ghar.

SYRIO IS DEAD.

SYRIO IS DEAD.

This show is about doing things which you don't expect. The fact that the Hound said that is a good set up to bring Syrio back as Jaqen.

I found it too surprising that the Hound died, so I wouldn't write off him returning. Especially considering that he had be touched by the lord of light previously.

Someone said Frankenmountain v Jesushound, but that would be awesome.

This "not dead until explicitly confirmed" thing doesn't make sense to me. Since when is there precedent in the show for someone to have a mortal encounter, not be shown to die, and then come back later?

The show is all about doing the unprecedented. That's what makes it so fun to watch.

Im more leaning towards at least one of the Hound or Syrio is alive, rather than both are dead.

I have a theory that Jaqen is everybody who is not Arya. Jaqen H'ghar marched south with 20000 Jaqen H'ghars to see if Jaqen H'ghar really shits gold. Jaqen H'ghar executed Jaqen H'ghar at the end of season 1 and mounted his head on a spike, then showed it to Jaqen H'ghar.

haha

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I went back and rewatched some season 3 scenes, including The Hound's trial by combat, and when The Hound was set free Beric said "the Lord of Light isn't done with you yet". Just something interesting to consider, what if The Hound could be brought back through the Lord of Light? The idea doesn't make much sense but it's an interesting line.

Well it's possible The Hound was just a vehicle to get Arya to Bravos... teaching her important lessons along the way about the realities of life, about fighting, and maybe most importantly, saving her from the red wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom