• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 TGS blowout; Yamauchi prepping for GT 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
brotkasten said:
So the cars in front of you don't really affect your visibility.

You're kidding right? At the start you can't see anything when the other cars are in front of you. Good job those duct tape fences are so strong, otherwise i'd be off the mountain in a huge fireball at the first corner.

Angst

I actually did play GT3, but not a lot. After I got GT4 I only played that. I got a wheel with GT4 and put in a ungodly number of hours in GT4.

jiggles

Banned
supermackem said:
Joke right, why would they your windscreen would still be damp from the downpour.:lol

It wouldn't be in a car with half decent wiper blades. Two wipes max before it should start squeaking.

scandisk_ said:
1628ena.jpg
What's that tiny thing, second in from the left on the fourth row back?

Also, I can't believe that RUF NBR vid was used as promotional material. You couldn't pay me to have that car after watching that.

jiggles

Banned
Guy LeDouche said:
a week before it comes out? brilliant sony!

"Woo! GT5! YEEAAH! PAR-TAY!"
"Okay guys, that was a lot of fun, see you next week."
[sad-panda]

I bet everyone goes home with a signature edition or something crazy like that.

Apex said:

Nice!

Psychotext said:
Also, I can't believe that RUF NBR vid was used as promotional material. You couldn't pay me to have that car after watching that.

Please pay me! :D

The info I found on the video:
"The RUF video is awesome. I had it on VHS about 8 years ago. It was a RUF promotional video called "Fascination on the Nurburgring" Stefan Roser aka "Sideways Stefan" is an amazing driver.

I was reading one of my british car mags before I got the video (where I found out about it) and they had a contest and two lucky winners got to ride in that very car with him around the Ring. Needless to say they were scared. IIRC on the second lap taking one of the winners around, he had a blowout on the rear tire at about 130mph, which completely destroyed the rear fender and body work. The passanger said it didn't even phase Stefan, he just calmly brought the car to rest on the side of the track."

And again, if RUF is not premium in GT5, I will be a sad panda!

THE:MILKMAN

SolidSnakex said:
Press release announcing that Sony will hold the GT5 launch party in Madrid on October 26th

http://www.todojuegos.com/noticia-13203/Quieres-conocer-en-persona-al-creador-de-Gran-Turismo-5

Credit to RoadRunner99 from GTplanet.

19 days!:D but where is the blowout/hype/interviews/screens/videos.............?

Just a video or screens from the final build would do me. Anyone else think it weird that it is so quiet for what must be sony's biggest ever game launch?

offshore

THE:MILKMAN said:
Anyone else think it weird that it is so quiet for what must be sony's biggest ever game launch?
It's probably best to reserve judgement until about a week before the launch, maybe the flood of promotions/ads/interviews/media, et al will start rolling after the launch party. It looks like they're going all out with the launch party, so hopfully they'll go all out with everything else.

But then again, this is Sony...

saladine1 said:
Why is it that whenever RUF is mentioned, people tend to cringe?

Too many clarksons here :lol

schennmu said:

Come on, Kaz loves Porsches...err RUF's :p

Theres bound to be at least 1 premium
I just hope its the newer models and not the old shit from GT2-PSP

Repgnar

Halo Reach's launch was a lot quieter than what most people in the Reach thread were expecting this far out too. If Sony's been talking like this is going to be their biggest launch just wait another week or two. No sense in hyping the general public a month out, they're going to wait closer to launch.

Now if they have copies of Gran Turismo at that launch event I wonder if that means Subway will start getting their copies around the same time. It's starting to get to that 6 week period that the email said so i'm hoping Subway says something soon.

ummo

Banned
3D vending machines? pretty expensive one, wish to have one of these around the corner in town.

at Shingawa Station, 3D Promo with GT5

171511657-0c8dbaabe7d57061d5e642d660e00c9c.4cae18b0-scaled.jpg

Apex

schennmu said:
The info I found on the video:
"The RUF video is awesome. I had it on VHS about 8 years ago. It was a RUF promotional video called "Fascination on the Nurburgring" Stefan Roser aka "Sideways Stefan" is an amazing driver.

I was reading one of my british car mags before I got the video (where I found out about it) and they had a contest and two lucky winners got to ride in that very car with him around the Ring. Needless to say they were scared. IIRC on the second lap taking one of the winners around, he had a blowout on the rear tire at about 130mph, which completely destroyed the rear fender and body work. The passanger said it didn't even phase Stefan, he just calmly brought the car to rest on the side of the track."

;)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Pctx said:
Its amazing that this game is finally arriving.

I know. I'm still in disbelief my damn self.

UFRA said:
I love photo mode as well. I spent a significant time in it with GT4.

I bought GT5 Prologue because I was very bored and kinda enjoyed it as my first GT game ever. But I discovered how sim are definitely not for me. The learning curve isn't just fun to me.

Will buy GT 5 just for Photomode. Racing under rain/snow or by night (because I always dream about it and Burnout Paradise didn't deliver quit enough on this side) and I guess, I'll steal a save to play with all car when I'll want to give some cars a drive.

Oh this game... why would I want to buy you even if I know I hate sim ?

offshore

Check out the closing comments of IGN's review of GT4.
There's still no doubt that GT4 is still the king of the console racers in terms of the number of features and overall selection, but it's looking more and more likely that the next quantum leap for the series will be with Gran Turismo 5. It's rumored that we'll be seeing vehicle damage along with more developments that will be freed up by the more powerful PS3 hardware. That's when the drive of your life will completely amaze us once again.
How true were those words?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
UnluckyKate said:
I bought GT5 Prologue because I was very bored and kinda enjoyed it as my first GT game ever. But I discovered how sim are definitely not for me. The learning curve isn't just fun to me.

Will buy GT 5 just for Photomode. Racing under rain/snow or by night (because I always dream about it and Burnout Paradise didn't deliver quit enough on this side) and I guess, I'll steal a save to play with all car when I'll want to give some cars a drive.

Oh this game... why would I want to buy you even if I know I hate sim ?
I was like you. And then I bought a wheel. And then I became good enough to unlock Class B, few minutes ago! Yeah!

offshore said:
Check out the closing comments of IGN's review of GT4.

How true were those words?

Ah IGN, the true games prophets.

Change PS3 to PS4, GT5 to GT7, and you have their closing comments of the GT6 review. How's that for a prophecy?

Just switched to Pro for the first time in Prologue and didn't notice any difference between standard. I turned down all the driving aids too. How do the physics differ between the two modes specifically?

KingDizzi

Banned
Started off my Lovefilm subscription again today, got a lot of games and movies to catch up to and there are quite a few releasing I am looking forward to. The wait will be much easier now, have got Enslaved and Castlevania coming tomorrow which should kill quite a bit of time. :D

Ashes

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:
Just switched to Pro for the first time in Prologue and didn't notice any difference between standard. I turned down all the driving aids too. How do the physics differ between the two modes specifically?

What class are you playing? S?

Ashes1396 said:
What class are you playing? S?
No, I played a few races on A to get a bit of money. Why should the class have anything to do with it?

:lol Guess I shouldn't be complaining anyway, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Truespeed

Gravijah said:
ONLY ONE MONTH TO GO

who wants to do the robot with me?????

1 month seems so long away. Let's count the days: 25 1/2. Review code will probably sent in around 14 days. They probably have multiple Blu-ray plants pressing nothing but GT5 discs 24/7 right now. They'll need to have millions stockpiled in anticipation for the Nov 2 release date and the Maersk shipping containers have already been reserved.

mclaren777

Mechanical Snowman said:
Pro has slightly less grip and a RWD car will be slightly less stable on the limit.

That's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom