• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"My Xbox 360 Died and I Lived to tell the story" Official Thread

Rorschach

Matrix said:
And B-rad wins! :lol I swear it just changed right now...

Type: Package
Rescheduled Delivery: 07/30/2007
Shipped To: NEW YORK, NY, US
Shipped/Billed On: 07/24/2007
Service: 3 DAY SELECT
Weight: 8.00 Lbs

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
MC ALLEN,
TX, US 07/25/2007 3:07 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 07/24/2007 7:42 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
No fair! He has hax!!

I was only a day off, though. There's still a chance for a rescheduled shipment!

Mine hasn't moved an inch since yesterday. :( ETA is tomorrow, though. UPS is just milking it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
No fair! He has hax!!

I was only a day off, though. There's still a chance for a rescheduled shipment!

Mine hasn't moved an inch since yesterday. :( ETA is tomorrow, though. UPS is just milking it.

:(

985boi

I'm suppose to get my refurb today but it still hasn't arrived yet. I hate UPS. UPS is so inconsistent with their delivery time. FedEx is always consistent with theirs. They always deliver in the morning time while UPS can deliver as late as 8pm which is ridiculous as hell.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Watch me get mine before you Rors! :p

Your 360 had a thing for Houston,it might decide to go back.

Speaking of Houston,my system is on its way there :eek:

HOUSTON,
TX, US 07/25/2007 5:25 P.M. IN TRANSIT TO
MC ALLEN,
TX, US 07/25/2007 5:24 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
jjasper said:
Hey guys I didn't really want to start a new thread so I figured I would ask this here. If I was to buy a used 360 (the most likey route would be ebay) and it was to red ring on me would I be covered by the new warranty MS put out?

yes.
If it's registered to the original owner, be creative with your story (tell them that you're the original owner (bought approx 1 year ago, and you lent it to someone and maybe they registered it). They'll then reset the registration to you. They will not ask for a receipt. Just make sure it hasn't been opened (there is a silver "Microsoft" sticker under the faceplate.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Watch me get mine before you Rors! :p

Your 360 had a thing for Houston,it might decide to go back.

Speaking of Houston,my system is on its way there :eek:

HOUSTON,
TX, US 07/25/2007 5:25 P.M. IN TRANSIT TO
MC ALLEN,
TX, US 07/25/2007 5:24 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
:lol Mine is still stationary. Kaaaarma!

<Karma> *shakes head* When will you people ever learn...

[edit] I just saw the ups guy outside and stared at him for a good minute...he must think I'm crazy. :lol

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Im going to get my 360 back before Matrix and Rors

Why do this to yourself Dm? :lol You know what happened last time.

"I just saw the ups guy outside and stared at him for a good minute...he must think I'm crazy. "
:lol

i'll hopefully get mine back tomorrow or friday. but the powerbrick they overnighted me didn't have my full address, so i'm kinda thinking that i'll get another call from ups asking for my address which will delay the delivery a day unless i can pick it up...

PLEASE HAVE THE CORRECT ADDRESS> OH GOD PLEASE

Bildi

I've been amazed at how fast this thread is moving lately so here's some useless stats because I know we all love stats. This is how many days it took to produce each 1,000 posts:

Posts 0 to 1,000 - 109 days
Posts 1,001 to 2,000 - 93 days
Posts 2,001 to 3,000 - 82 days
Posts 3,001 to 4,000 - 31 days
Posts 4,001 to now - 37 days

The thing that amazes me is it took about 9.5 months to reach 3000 posts, but only about a further two months to reach 5000 posts. Fascinating, I know.

Frillen

So yeah, nearly 12 weeks now since I send it in for repair. Called them today and they said that they've shipped it. But we'll see. They also said that 4 weeks ago.

Bildi said:
I've been amazed at how fast this thread is moving lately so here's some useless stats because I know we all love stats. This is how many days it took to produce each 1,000 posts:

Posts 0 to 1,000 - 109 days
Posts 1,001 to 2,000 - 93 days
Posts 2,001 to 3,000 - 82 days
Posts 3,001 to 4,000 - 31 days
Posts 4,001 to now - 37 days

The thing that amazes me is it took about 9.5 months to reach 3000 posts, but only about a further two months to reach 5000 posts. Fascinating, I know.

WOULD YOU SHUT THE F**IK UP ALREADY

jesus

btf1980

<Sigh> My 360 is officially dead. This is 360 number 2 for me to kick the bucket. I have a replacement plan from Best Buy, so i'll take it back. No signs of malfunction on it, it just gave me the red rings while playing Dirt tonight and that was that. Turned it off, turned it back on...red rings. After 10 minutes it started back up again, then some awful artifacting was on the dashboard. Then red rings again. I'm gonna get my 3rd 360 now, and quite frankly if it fails again, i'm done with the 360. This is ridiculous. 3 consoles in under 2 years.

LJ11

B-Rad Lascelle said:
Well, about 100 of those posts were Bildi's. Seems like an odd thing to boast.

I didn't check the post log to see how many he had, but regardless the response was unwarranted. Plenty of us are bitching in this thread, myself included, which skews the numbers but that's what the thread is for, to bitch.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
LJ11 said:
My refurb just gave me some terrible artifacting while playing NCAA, locked up twice. I barely played with this thing since getting it in June just to keep it fresh for the fall. I've put a lot of time into NCAA multi the past few days, and it looks like this system is about to go.

Strange how the two of mine that died did so after sitting unused for a lil' bit.

Rorschach

I didn't think much of it until you guys were guessing how much he posted. He has 136 total in this thread. I have 51 through 3 broken 360s and a ton of updating/bitching/banter/helping new dudes. heh

Bildi

lollerskates said:
WOULD YOU SHUT THE F**IK UP ALREADY

jesus
Sorry to see you have issues with rage.

B-Rad Lascelle said:
Well, about 100 of those posts were Bildi's. Seems like an odd thing to boast.
I didn't think I'd posted more than many people who have had broken 360s? Certainly wasn't a boast. Just an observation that 360 breakdowns seem to be picking up steam as evidenced by the increased repair times and hence it was good to see that Microsoft finally acted.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Bildi said:
Just an observation that 360 breakdowns seem to be picking up steam as evidenced by the increased repair times and hence it was good to see that Microsoft finally acted.

Well, temper that with the fact that NeoGAF has gotten more posters (my first post was in this thread), more 360s are in the marketplacce, and I'm sure the warm weather isn't helping things.

GhaleonEB

There have been a lot of discussion in the thread, so that's not necessarily the best indicator of how many actual breakdowns there are. I think someone was actually tracking them, though I don't recall who. For the hell of it top ten posters in the thread:

Bildi 137
rs7k 123
The Faceless Master 110
FirstInHell 88
Matrix 82
DaCocoBrova 78
JB1981 77
DarkAngelYuna 66
Mojovonio 63
WickedLaharl 62

That's about 18% of the posts. Still plenty of room for actual breakdowns.

Like mine! The coffin arrived today, and it ships out tomorrow morning. Already I've spotted about four demos and an Arcade game I've wanted to snag. And all this Halo talk had me wanting to play through the originals again.

This is Waiting. Impatiently.

Matrix

I would have had a lot less posts if my first refurb hadnt of come back broken,I sorta lost it after that :lol

Matrix

You click on the number of replies,which is 4,933 now and a box pops up telling you the post amount by each user in the thread.

mug

Just got my refurb today after heading to the UPS warehouse in the middle of downtown Dallas. Anyway I looked through the vent, didn't see the new heatsink... looks like I may be doing this once again in the near future - hopefully not though ;)

noire

Unconfirmed Member
My 360 is due back Monday. Thanks B-Rad.

Hopefully this is a one time thing, and I can stay out of this thread. :D

Manp

my 360 just came back today after 56 days.

it's not actually my 360 as it is a refurbished unit with a 2006-4-17 ( -_- ) manufacture date and doesn't have the additional heatsink for the GPU. my usual luck i guess.

i have the feeling that it will not last long.

oh, i got 2 months of Xbox Live for free

:)

edit: at least the new one makes less noise than my old 360

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
my 4th xbox just bit the dust this morning trying out the motogp demo :(

Manp said:
my 360 just came back today after 56 days.

it's not actually my 360 as it is a refurbished unit with a 2006-4-17 ( -_- ) manufacture date and doesn't have the additional heatsink for the GPU. my usual luck i guess.

i have the feeling that it will not last long.

oh, i got 2 months of Xbox Live for free

:)

edit: at least the new one makes less noise than my old 360

send it back and ask for the additional heatsink

Streaks

Finally got mine back after 5 long weeks...The only thing I have to add is that I think its funny when the UPS guy:

1) Knows what your package is
2) Asks you what to do when you get the ring of death because he got it last night

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Streaks said:
Finally got mine back after 5 long weeks...The only thing I have to add is that I think its funny when the UPS guy:

1) Knows what your package is
2) Asks you what to do when you get the ring of death because he got it last night

i'm actually lucky cause i can hook my hdd up to my pops during this down time for my fix

Kingpen

Wow - a red ring for the thumb for me. I'll be picking up my 5th new 360 in about an hour after number 4 crapped out on me while playing Chromehounds... I had never experienced a red ring system shutdown while playing a game today (only freezes before). It had been freezing about 1 out of every 10 times I played the past few months... This one only lasted me about 5 months

DaCoco - That best buy warrenty advice you offered and that I took has been a godsend. I would be pissed if I had to rely on mailing it off (especially on the weekend my wife is out of town)...

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Oh for ****ing hell. My third 360 broke. My brother was playing PGR3. I knew there was a possibility it would break because he's been playing it for extended periods of time for a few days but I didn't stop him. I shouldn't have to THINK about stopping him anyway, MS. Assholes.

Kingpen

Argh...... Well I guess I can't win them all. I had to fork over 166 bucks at best buy to upgrade my core system to a pro (using product replacement). I really didn't need a pro since I had one at launch and kept my hardrive. There were no cores in sight all around town. I wonder if they are getting phased out?

On the plus side though, I got a new product replacement plan for 2 more years, and I guess I could be like some guys and out 400 bucks again (like myself the first time).

I love the system an all, but man they really need those falchon chips soon. I still don't mind paying an extra 60 bucks to have the leasure of dropping off a crap system at Best Buy and getting one back the same hour. It would really suck to be without a 360 for a months time like it seems to take to ship it back to them.....

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Kingpen said:
Argh...... Well I guess I can't win them all. I had to fork over 166 bucks at best buy to upgrade my core system to a pro (using product replacement). I really didn't need a pro since I had one at launch and kept my hardrive. There were no cores in sight all around town. I wonder if they are getting phased out?

On the plus side though, I got a new product replacement plan for 2 more years, and I guess I could be like some guys and out 400 bucks again (like myself the first time).

I love the system an all, but man they really need those falchon chips soon. I still don't mind paying an extra 60 bucks to have the leasure of dropping off a crap system at Best Buy and getting one back the same hour. It would really suck to be without a 360 for a months time like it seems to take to ship it back to them.....

Ugh. I am waiting to see if the price goes down before Halo. My BestBuy made me send my system in. :(

SpectreRT

First my neighbor... now me...

Got home after work today, and wanted to play some bomberman on XBLA.

3 Red ones...

This will be my 2nd 360.
- Getting 2 free months of live. Calling again in a few weeks to complain more and get more stuff.

Never buying another MS gaming system. After I get bored of Halo 3.... no more MS for me.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
5yjb6dv.jpg

the coffin has arrived.

op_ivy said:
my 4th xbox just bit the dust this morning trying out the motogp demo :(
<takes a glance in on op_ivy's repair order>

Uh oh. Somebody didn't do their job right.
Call back in to support. You should have a dedicated repair agent on your case for Repair #4.

well my console made it back today, and it's the same refurb that i sent in. my post from a few weeks ago:

WickedLaharl said:
the light behind the power button on the console has gone blinking like crazy once now too.

do they even test things before they leave the repair center?

my problem with the power button on the console only turning it on if you hit it just right should've never left the repair center like this.

atleast this one works for now. jesus i fell really bad for matrix and anyone else who waits a ****ing month only to a completely broken one back.

oh. my. god. THEY DIDNT FIX THE POWER BUTTON! i don't even know if they did ANYTHING other than ship me out a powerbrick. ugh! although it hasn't given me any other problems (such as the ring of light blinking like crazy) so far and they threw in another month of live.

chemicals

hey guys.. update.. got my sleek white coffin behind me on a chair. I packed it up a few minutes ago. They even give you the tape to retape the box. What a bunch of champs.

Top Bottom