• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu news!

Booser

faceplant.gif

One last time. Holy shit.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Idolmaster Xbox360 news:

- The online services will be have a base fee
Hmmm...doesn't this kind of thing only happen on the fractured Playstation online service? DC, your thoughts?

edit: me=pwned

duckroll

More details on Armodine:

Management Part:

- Members can be upgraded/promoted and you organize the teams with members.
- Everyone lives and trains on the mothership.
- The members of the team interact with each other and the commander and develop relationships like love, friendship, dislike, etc.
- The status of their relationships will affect their training effeciency.
- The location of the living quarters of each member on the mothership will affect their relationships based on proximity.

Combat Part:

- Independant Unit System.
- By setting targets and actions beforehand, the members will carry out their objectives.
- The mutual trust and the characteristics of each member will affect their strategies.
- The map is isometric and has height.

Dahbomb

Holy shit at high Resistance score! It's only one point below Halo 2. :lol

That score is very high for a FPS in Japan.

Soul4ger

Man, Ridge Racer 7 and Resistance are gonna be awesome. I'm starting to consider camping out at Best Buy for one. I just got an X360 with RR6, and it's so awesome. I'VE GOT THE BUG HELP ME SQUASH IT.

Wollan

I read on another forum that Famitsu actually gave 33 to the original Halo. Doesn't prove anything but numbers are fun right?

XSamu

Banned
duckroll said:
Reviews:

Sega Golf PS3 - 7/7/7/7
Genji PS3 - 7/7/7/8
Resistance - 9/8/8/8
Gundam PS3 - 8/8/8/8
Ridge Racer 7 - 9/9/9/9

Review Comments:

Sega Golf:

- Good tempo
- You can't accurately determine where your shot will fall
- Doesn't really look next-generation

Genji:

- Camera sucks, but looks great
- Challenging for beginners
- Good amount of content
- Good controls

Resistance:

- Standard FPS gameplay
- Excellent netplay
- Very high standard of next-generation

Gundam:

- Excellent models of Mobile Suits
- Opinions on the game are divided because it relies heavily on accurate input
- The systems are problematic
- Great textures
- Tons of optional and unlockable content
- Overall it's satisfying even though opinions are divided on it

Ridge Racer 7:

- Totally satisfactory
- The amount of content is totally satisfying
- The high quality of the graphics and sound are very pleasing
Although Famitsu reviews don't mean shit, it's nice to see they're at least positive about the games :)
duckroll said:
Gaming news:

Lost Planet Xbox360 Pack announced for JP:

- Dec 21st, 44800yen
- Lost Planet
- Headset (Lost Planet model)
- Xbox Live Gold 3 month card
- Additional Stage Download Card
- Xbox360

This is the Pro Xbox360, with wireless controller and HDD btw.
Lost Planet pack is really nice :)

duckroll said:
More details on Armodine:

Management Part:

- Members can be upgraded/promoted and you organize the teams with members.
- Everyone lives and trains on the mothership.
- The members of the team interact with each other and the commander and develop relationships like love, friendship, dislike, etc.
- The status of their relationships will affect their training effeciency.
- The location of the living quarters of each member on the mothership will affect their relationships based on proximity.

Combat Part:

- Independant Unit System.
- By setting targets and actions beforehand, the members will carry out their objectives.
- The mutual trust and the characteristics of each member will affect their strategies.
- The map is isometric and has height.

So is this an SRPG?

Kittonwy

Banned
duckroll said:
Famitsu's coming out on Thursday this week, I think most people forgot. So the leaks are a day early too! Don't you want to know what Famitsu thinks of the PS3 launch games? :D

Reviews:

Resistance - 9/8/8/8
Gundam PS3 - 8/8/8/8
Ridge Racer 7 - 9/9/9/9

Review Comments:

Resistance:

- Standard FPS gameplay
- Excellent netplay
- Very high standard of next-generation

Gundam:

- Excellent models of Mobile Suits
- Opinions on the game are divided because it relies heavily on accurate input
- The systems are problematic
- Great textures
- Tons of optional and unlockable content
- Overall it's satisfying even though opinions are divided on it

Ridge Racer 7:

- Totally satisfactory

Awesome-wowsome. RR7 pwnage-wownage AM TOTAL. Hurray for Resistance. Hopefully Gundam turns out well.
Indifferent2.gif

XSamu said:
If you read the critics the games get, it's hard to believe they got those scores

With the exception of Gundam, all the other PS3 games that got really good scores have gotten very positive impressions from people.

LevelNth

Banned
Holy shit, Armodine sounds freakin' awesome!! Someone better ****ing bring this stateside eventually.

I'm pleased with the PS3 scores as well. Definitely snagging RR7 and Resistence. I wish Genji was a little higher, but I'll still grab it anyways cause I really liked the original (though I'm disappointed they didn't fix the camera, which many have been complaining about for a while).

WYWY

Mr. Pointy said:
Armodine sounds like the most awesome thing ever.
LevelNth said:
Armodine sounds freakin' awesome!!
Nothing new about the ideas. Sounds like Gun Parade March on PS1(which was very well regarded) and the Gun Orchestra trilogy on the PS2(which were considered mediocre).

Drakken

Wow, Mitsuda working on a mecha game. Um, as someone who has never played them, what kind of music do they usually have?

Kiriku said:
Wowow Mitsuda. Will be interesting to hear what kind of music he cooks up.

Probably won't have to wait long to find out. Sony should launch the website at the end of the week and it'll likely include a trailer since the game is due out at the end of the year.

ethelred

SolidSnakex said:
Probably won't have to wait long to find out. Sony should launch the website at the end of the week and it'll likely include a trailer since the game is due out at the end of the year.

February is the end of 2006 now?

Hunahan

Banned
bloke said:
Some misunderstanding, there are no base fee (?!) but additional items on marketplace will cost points.

..scans if anyone cares.

Thanks for those.

Too bad this will probably never get NA localization.

Ganondorfo

Why a genji 2, really the first one was a rip-off of onimusha, sony should have let capcom made a onimusha game for the launch of the ps3 instead of a sequel of genji.

Ganondorfo said:
Why a genji 2, really the first one was a rip-off of onimusha, sony should have let capcom made a onimusha game for the launch of the ps3 instead of a sequel of genji.
Onimusha 4 did shit sales compared to the previous 3. Me thinks Capcom want to give it a rest.

Genji is fresher and has some potential to takeoff. It might not, who knows.

Ganondorfo

Mr. Pointy said:
Onimusha 4 did shit sales compared to the previous 3. Me thinks Capcom want to give it a rest.

But most gamers prefer another onimusha than a genji game. An onimusha game gets more attention when it's a launch game for the ps3.

guise

duckroll said:
Ridge Racer 7:

- Totally satisfactory

= 9/9/9/9!?

Odd coice of wording. I would expect something better then "satisfactory" to hit a bunch of 9s

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
yahso said:
What?
could you please post Famitsu FPS reviews? especially X360's FPS.
Halo 2 had 10/9/9/9 37/40 if i remember correctly.

Halo had i think 33/40

Edit: Yep seems to be right going by googles links.

u_neek

HowardMoon said:
= 9/9/9/9!?

Odd coice of wording. I would expect something better then "satisfactory" to hit a bunch of 9s
To me it sounds more like the guys at Namco gave out free blowjobs instead of moneyhats...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Mitsuda on a mecha game? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! I guess I can try one... hope it's less like Armored Core and more like ZoE. Was the Front Mission game they did good? I hope his Wii and other DS game are RPGs or action games.

P.S. Who's Gran Prix? Can they make anything like the GBA game Treasure made or better?

Top Bottom