• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

StoveOven
(03-28-2017, 05:06 AM)
That intro gave me chills. Well done.
Forearm Star
(03-28-2017, 05:07 AM)
Haven't played a baseball game in forever. Pretty excited to pick this up tomorrow.

Not sure what i'm getting into
Couleurs
(03-28-2017, 05:11 AM)
"No access token was supplied"

Servers are either not up yet, or are getting hammered. I just wanna open my preorder packs before bed :( :(
BigJonsson
(03-28-2017, 05:11 AM)
Have to wait until daytime to pick up my pre-order and start ripping packs, someone rip some packs in my stead

Last year I was able to get an all gold/diamond team pretty quickly through conquest and playing the market, I wonder what cheese methods there will be this year

Pulling Stanton, Arenado and Altuve didn't hurt either....

Is there a Gaf league this year? Maybe they figured shit out
anddo0
(03-28-2017, 05:18 AM)
I haven't purchased The Show in years. I think this might be the year.

Originally Posted by EdReedFan20

Chills. MLB The Show 17 Intro

Amazing in it's simplicity.
z4chc3na
(03-28-2017, 05:20 AM)
I bought the deluxe edition and it has the arrow to download it under my purchased but when I click on it, it says it isn't downloaded, despite having already pre downloaded it

EDIT: Its bought and everything but it does't appear to me downloaded, and it won't let me do so.
Last edited by z4chc3na; 03-28-2017 at 05:24 AM.
PROh1bited
(03-28-2017, 05:31 AM)
Holy shit, importing music takes forever.

It's been 25 minutes, and 550 songs have been processed. Fml.
FrankWza
(03-28-2017, 05:39 AM)
It would be cool if you could make intro specific to your team. Like once you picked your favorite team it would just show random highlights from your teams history.
Chamber
love on your sleeve
(03-28-2017, 06:12 AM)
Enhanced visuals is the way to go on PS4 Pro. Framerate feels smoother than last year with a nice boost to visuals on top. 4K is definitely playable but the cutscenes are definitely dropping below 30 fps so it looks pretty jarring.
Tajaz2426
(03-28-2017, 06:13 AM)
Man, I hope for once that Gamestop delivers this on time. I usually use Amazon for everything, but they didn't have the copy I wanted.
backbreaker65
(03-28-2017, 06:36 AM)
Kershaw complete game shut out franchise opening day dodgers vs padres. The crowd really brings the energy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPu24ao5b30
kasane
(03-28-2017, 06:38 AM)
Man pitching animation is still iffy for me. After i played pro yakyu spirits The show animations just doesnt have the snap i saw in that game.
FrankWza
(03-28-2017, 06:55 AM)

Originally Posted by kasane

Man pitching animation is still iffy for me. After i played pro yakyu spirits The show animations just doesnt have the snap i saw in that game.

Is there a pro spirit for ps4? I always wanted to try.
BigRedOne
(03-28-2017, 07:17 AM)

Originally Posted by FrankWza

Is there a pro spirit for ps4? I always wanted to try.

I keep waiting and it doesn't look like Konami is going to publish another one!
BigRedOne
(03-28-2017, 07:19 AM)
Why can't we get an MLB game with the WBC? If Japan can get the license why not Sony?
El_Chino
(03-28-2017, 07:22 AM)

That was truly amazing.

Hard to not get chills if you're a real baseball fan.
MarineMountie
Banned
(03-28-2017, 07:23 AM)
My shift is over in 4 hours. Aftee that, its The Show until I pass out controller in hand
lowhighkang_LHK
Banned
(03-28-2017, 07:28 AM)
So guys I replaced the intro's audio with CNN's Decade intro theme (it works really well.) But because I couldn't loop it properly and it's only a 55 second track, I had to abridge the opening.

I kept Vin Scully's voice over, but naturally some of the other things had to go in order for the music to match the visuals. Ultimately, if anyone else can find a better way to put that theme to overlay the intro completely with a better loop, go for it.

Anyway, here's my fan-edit of the intro. (I'm using crappy editing software too so I did what I could).

https://youtu.be/WGvpQQ8TOUU
Hesh
(03-28-2017, 08:06 AM)
I haven't watched the intro yet since I don't want to spoil it, but for those that have seen it, does it top the MLB 12 The Show intro? I think this is the greatest intro I've ever seen:

https://youtu.be/esra7HvYtPc
Absoludacrous
(03-28-2017, 08:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Hesh

I haven't watched the intro yet since I don't want to spoil it, but for those that have seen it, does it top the MLB 12 The Show intro? I think this is the greatest intro I've ever seen:

https://youtu.be/esra7HvYtPc

As a Rays fan that'll always be my favorite. Was such a great night, constantly flipping between the Rays and the Red Sox games.
Karish
(03-28-2017, 08:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Chamber

Enhanced visuals is the way to go on PS4 Pro. Framerate feels smoother than last year with a nice boost to visuals on top. 4K is definitely playable but the cutscenes are definitely dropping below 30 fps so it looks pretty jarring.

Super clean and smooth.
Baroquemantic
(03-28-2017, 08:27 AM)
Decided to check out some footage on YouTube. Wow at these visuals. The crowd is really impressive too.
Darklor01
Might need to stop sniffing glue
(03-28-2017, 01:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Chamber

I agree. Everything is super clean and smooth until you get a cut-scene. Still very playable. Loved it!

In some images I posted earlier (Sorry for the Facebook quality in those) I zoomed in on some plaques at classic Yankee Stadium in Monument Park and you could read all the text on them. They had all the plaques. In the retired numbers section, they had all the numbers, but the plaques below them had repeated non-legible textures over them. It's so minor that it's nothing at all. The attention to detail is insane!
Proteus
BOSS
(03-28-2017, 02:01 PM)
Definitely going to take me some time to find that HDR sweet spot on my x800d with the show sliders. Otherwise I am loving the game.
Saganator
(03-28-2017, 02:16 PM)

Omg I love this intro. Obviously made by people who love the sport, just like the game.

I've bought every The Show game since 2012 or so, I was thinking about passing on this one because I've got games coming out of my ears, but I gotta get this damn game again just to support these guys.
Choomp
(03-28-2017, 02:28 PM)
Hype! Can't wait to get home and play it.
MarineMountie
Banned
(03-28-2017, 02:35 PM)
Help. I pre loaded the MVP Edition. The pre order bonus wasn't available for pre load so it just stayed in the store page after I bought it. Where can I find that download now?
Captain_Wreckus
(03-28-2017, 02:59 PM)
Looks like I can't buy until I'm at home. Still can't buy games from the PSN store on my phone. Get with the times Sony.
Cornbread78
(03-28-2017, 03:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Major_Wreckus

Looks like I can't buy until I'm at home. Still can't buy games from the PSN store on my phone. Get with the times Sony.

umm, sure you can. I 've done it a bunch of times through the Playstation app.
KaYotiX
(03-28-2017, 03:08 PM)

That intro is amazing Omg.
Captain_Wreckus
(03-28-2017, 03:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

umm, sure you can. I 've done it a bunch of times through the Playstation app.

Tried. Numerous times. Checked my address, etc and still no go
Cornbread78
(03-28-2017, 03:17 PM)

Tried. Numerous times. Checked my address, etc and still no go

Weird, I just log into the app, click on the PS store Icon located on the top left, enter my login info, enter the verification code (2-step ver) and can buy anything from there. You can set it to download directly to your PS4 from there as well...
RdN
(03-28-2017, 03:20 PM)
Can't wait to get home tonight and play.

I haven't really followed this year's features.

I'm strictly a Road to the Show player. Is there something new for it?
NHale
(03-28-2017, 03:24 PM)
Played 2 games last night. Shame the servers weren't online when I played but just from 2 games I can see how hit variety has improved a lot. After playing so much The Show 16 some hits I was expecting to end up as easy pop ups but to my complete surprise the ball takes a realistic angle instead of just liners and end up as a single.

The ending of the intro almost made me feel like this was the end of The Show franchise.
Last edited by NHale; 03-28-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Captain_Wreckus
(03-28-2017, 03:25 PM)

Weird, I just log into the app, click on the PS store Icon located on the top left, enter my login info, enter the verification code (2-step ver) and can buy anything from there. You can set it to download directly to your PS4 from there as well...

Always get the following

We've encountered an error while processing your order. The transaction has not been completed. Please try again later.
GravyButt
Excellent intro!

Game feels great. Any one else getting connection errors?
PushingButtons
Is retro mode only for one off games or can you play a whole season in it?
Got the Shakes
(03-28-2017, 03:26 PM)

Originally Posted by GravyButt

Excellent intro!

Game feels great. Any one else getting connection errors?

I haven't been able to connect to the servers since I started trying at midnight last night.
MarineMountie
Banned
(03-28-2017, 03:28 PM)
Yea. Servers haven't gone up yet, apparently.
Cornbread78
(03-28-2017, 03:30 PM)

Always get the following

We've encountered an error while processing your order. The transaction has not been completed. Please try again later.

Terrible.

Are you using Wi-Fi or Cellular service to complete the transaction?
Captain_Wreckus
(03-28-2017, 03:31 PM)

Terrible.

Are you using Wi-Fi or Cellular service to complete the transaction?

Cell. Wonder the 20% code is the issue
Sephzilla
(03-28-2017, 03:41 PM)

That's some good shit right there
BFIB
(03-28-2017, 03:41 PM)
Out for delivery!
Cornbread78
(03-28-2017, 03:49 PM)

Cell. Wonder the 20% code is the issue

nah, I used a code with the holiday sale. My guess is that you need to be on a Wi-Fi signal?

If nothing else, delete the app and re-download it onto your phone.
ironmang
(03-28-2017, 04:22 PM)
lol figures I preorder from Best Buy and they're suddenly "out of stock" and have my order on hold. if they even send me it ill probably have to fight to get my preorder bonus.
SiKotikJ30
(03-28-2017, 05:15 PM)
Looking forward to getting off work and getting home to play this. Been a couple years since I last played a Show game. Can't wait to strike out 200 times with Mark Trumbo.

I'm SiKotikJ30 on PSN for anyone who might want to play some games!
Darklor01
Might need to stop sniffing glue
(03-28-2017, 05:17 PM)

Originally Posted by ironmang

lol figures I preorder from Best Buy and they're suddenly "out of stock" and have my order on hold. if they even send me it ill probably have to fight to get my preorder bonus.

What was the pre-order bonus? I ordered from them, and didn't recall what that was.
Got the Shakes
(03-28-2017, 05:19 PM)

Originally Posted by MarineMountie

Yea. Servers haven't gone up yet, apparently.

They were supposed to go up at Midnight (which they supposedly did) and then The Show Twitter account tweeted at like 6 a.m. that all of the servers were live and ready to go. They crashed sometime between then and like 10:30 eastern.
Xater
(03-28-2017, 05:24 PM)
The servers are running, but they are unstable as hell. Connection issues everywhere. I think this is now a bad launch 3 years in a row.
Got the Shakes
(03-28-2017, 05:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Xater

The servers are running, but they are unstable as hell. Connection issues everywhere. I think this is now a bad launch 3 years in a row.

I honestly can't remember what they were like for 15, but last year it took about 2 weeks until they got their servers stabilized. Once they did they were really solid the rest of the year, but it was quite messy at the beginning.