• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

ParityBit

Yeah it sucks you can't just sell them. I ended up removing a few of them from my garage (who would want to drive a Ford Transit?) after xx unsuccessful auctions.

When you remove them from the garage, can you add them back at some point and can you also select them for races IF you wanted to?

Absolutely loving this game!! I thought I didn't care about racers anymore but my friend convinced me. Tons of fun and looks great.

Counterintuitive to me - crossplay was a fairly significant factor in buying the Xbox one S this Xmas. Got Gears 4 and FH3 already.

Anyway - RX480, 1440p...what is the major "difference" settings? I am running unlocked / freesync at 1440p. Most things at medium with medium dynamic....runs very very well like this, like 80-90 fps most of the time, almost never hits below 60fps.

Not sure which settings give the most bang for the buck in going higher.

*edit* - I did some manual adjustments...bumped up to 16X anistropic, went to ultra textures, high on dynamic geometry (draw distance/etc). Now it runs at even higher fps. Also with sharper textures, filtering and higher dynamic geometry, it seems to improve the visual space I focus on (medium/far distance). Still need to experiment, but really looking good.

What CPU are you running?

xrnzaaas

Yeah they're gone forever. Imo the game should state that more clearly, because a lot of people may think that they're only temporarily hidden.

I actually did my Ford Transit up haha

I collected all the cheap cars in Horizon 2, including this one. Drove it once out of curiosity and it turned out to be shit. Now in FH3 I only have the GMC with The A-Team livery. :) The list is just too long and I'm too lazy to browse by class or performance.

Can Blizzard Mountain be game shared? My game sharing friend bought it and it shows as 'purchased' on the screen that comes up on the Airstrip but when I try and install it seems to want to charge me £16 for it. Anyone else been in the same position?

Never had any problems with any other DLC that I've bought or he's bought working on the others xbox....

Klocker

Hah! Ok I will keep them in my garage!

Other option is to put them up for auction at a price that will not sell and after auction just leave them in auction list and you can reclaim for free anytime form there. I have about twenty cars in there in case I want them back or too lazy to reclaim and remove

ParityBit

Is there a way to list the car order of people in your race while racing? Sometimes I need to stay in front of a couple of cars and I like to know if I am or not.

Started playing the game tonight. Brilliant so far.

Only thing I'm not sure I like is the rewind feature. Is it really possible to spam it and rewind as much as you'd like? Seems to make the races too easy and takes tension out of them?

Lima

Only thing I'm not sure I like is the rewind feature. Is it really possible to spam it and rewind as much as you'd like? Seems to make the races too easy and takes tension out of them?

That's what you disable rewind. It's a terrible feature in racing games and I hate Codemasters for bringing it to the mainstream. It's especially bad in Horizon 3 where it doesn't even matter where you finish, not even for achievements.

That said you can use rewind any time you want but the rewind further option during the same rewind only works a couple times until you have to get back in at that point.

That's what you disable rewind. It's a terrible feature in racing games and I hate Codemasters for bringing it to the mainstream. It's especially bad in Horizon 3 where it doesn't even matter where you finish, not even for achievements.

That said you can use rewind any time you want but the rewind further option during the same rewind only works a couple times until you have to get back in at that point.

Interesting. Yeah, I guess I'll disable it then. It just takes away any tension and challenge. Even if it were limited to one use per race or something, I could live with it.

mo60

Interesting. Yeah, I guess I'll disable it then. It just takes away any tension and challenge. Even if it were limited to one use per race or something, I could live with it.

I just use the rewind feature when I accidentally go to fast when going through a turn.

You lose your skill chain credits when using it and when playing online it can't be used naturally. I use it mainly for the danger cliff challenges because you have to hit them right and it's a pain to go al the way back and try again.

I haven't played a racing game in a loooooooooong time and instantly disabled it. It just feels like cheating and ruins the game.

Fox Mulder

I use it in Forza Motorsports, not to win every race. It's fine as an immediate aid in learning tracks and perfecting lines. It marks laps as dirty on leaderboards and you can't do it online, so who cares if someone uses it.

Horizon is more of an arcade game so less of a reason to really use it. It was neat finding out it breaks after two hours into a race though, as I found out when I did a 50 lap goliath race.

mo60

I just noticed that the top person on the leaderboard for bucket list number 7 in the Horizon Australia bucket list finished the bucket list in like 8.3 seconds. That is incredibly fast time.

Montresor

This is seriously the best game ever made for me. Blizzard Mountain is completely nuts. The Kingmaker final race was fucking exhilarating. I was drifting expertly on so many of those turns. Made me feel like a bad ass to ace such a long track while awesome music is playing in the background.

And the Kingmaker race is long enough for weather conditions to change dramatically throughout the race. From zero visibility and stormy, snowy weather to clear visibility with light flurries and back and forth. Amazing.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
How do you create special designs for your cars? commercial logos, anime, dragons, all those things

You have to go into the editor and be really REALLY good at doing it. I can't imagine how long it takes someone to make some of the designs on there.

Personally, I just search for them, because I can't do shit like this.

npkxovk.jpg

Do you guys recommend Forza Horizon 2 to someone who is currently in love with #3? Or are the older Forza games not worth going back to?

Also, I tried the Forza 6 demo and loved it. Anyone know the lowest in price that game has gone, or probably will go?

mo60

Do you guys recommend Forza Horizon 2 to someone who is currently in love with #3? Or are the older Forza games not worth going back to?

Also, I tried the Forza 6 demo and loved it. Anyone know the lowest in price that game has gone, or probably will go?

You may have issues playing FH2 online since the online playerbase may be low right now for that game. It's a really decent game, but the offline portion of the game can get really repetitive once you are done with the campaign since you are required to do the same thing over and over again to beat all of the 168 championships in the game.

terrible

Banned

Once you finish FH3 I definitely recommend checking out FH2 and even FH1. They're still fun.

Montresor

Arghhhh!!! I can't get this stupid 3 Ultimate Clean Racing challenge ok Snow Forest Descent.

Anyone have tips? :(

Edit: Figures. As soon as I posted this my next attempt succeeded.

Fox Mulder

Horizon 2 was great fun, still worth going back to.

Holy shit this fucking game. Refunded it once because of the mess of the PC port, decided to buy it again in the sale (yes I'm a fucking idiot for trusting them again) and to my surprise it runs much better and doesn't crash. Cut to now and I'm stuck in the map screen after a race, I am supposed to "set a route to a festival location" except it won't let me do that, it won't let me close the map and restarting the game doesn't fix it because it wants me to unlock this festival and it gets stuck every time. This is ridiculous.

The only people I have found online with this issue had to delete all of their saved data and start from scratch.

Fucking pathetic.

Edit: ok, if anyone else experiences this I fixed it. After restarting my pc I left my wheel unplugged, I booted the game with only my controller and it finally let me set a waypoint. I quit the game, plugged my wheel back in and now it's working again.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if the expansion pass is on sale anywhere? I see it listed as $35.00 on xbox.com but I would have sworn that it was $25 if you're an Xbox Live Gold member. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lima

Does anyone know if the expansion pass is on sale anywhere? I see it listed as $35.00 on xbox.com but I would have sworn that it was $25 if you're an Xbox Live Gold member. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

No it was 25 for ultimate edition owners until December 13th.

KRaZyAmmo

So do they ever go on sale? What are the VIP passes vs the car pass or exp pass??
I never saw it go pn sale. The car pass gives you all the dlc car packs. Expansion pass gives you blizzard mountain (can buy separately) and whatever they have plan for the 2nd expansion. Vip gives you double credits, cars, and gifts from the team.

dantehemi

Is there still a gaf group with this game? I'm about 30hrs and lvl 90 and would love to join. I'm on alll the time. My gamer tag is - dantehemi

ParityBit

I never saw it go pn sale. The car pass gives you all the dlc car packs. Expansion pass gives you blizzard mountain (can buy separately) and whatever they have plan for the 2nd expansion. Vip gives you double credits, cars, and gifts from the team.

So are any of those really worth it? I see some people have a crown near their name, what is that for?

Top Bottom