• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition | NVIDIA DLSS 3, Reflex, DLAA - Announce Trailer | CES 2024

Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition is launching with NVIDIA DLSS 3, Reflex, and DLAA, delivering the ultimate PC experience.

Join Aloy as she braves the distant lands of Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition, the critically-acclaimed sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn. Explore distant lands, fight bigger and more awe-inspiring machines, and encounter astonishing new tribes as you return to the far-future, post-apocalyptic world of Horizon. The Complete Edition also includes Burning Shores, the story expansion that picks up after the conclusion of the main game, along with bonus content

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Another modern game with no RTX 🤡🤡
Meh, they would have needed to revamp the whole lighting system for ray traced global illumination and it was probably too much work. I guess they could have added something like RTAO or maybe reflections but I doubt they would have made that big of a difference. Last one is shadows but I think they look fine and properly filtered in that game so they wouldn't have added much besides tanking your performance.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
The good thing is that with mods you can replace character model with someone you actually can stand to look at.

Let me take a moment to not give a crap about this shitfest of a game.

Aloy was such a cunt in this game everyone is willing to help her with their lives and she treats everyone like shit
8c7229483de2c6966089adbe1dc1218e352779dda005458ce63a12b0eaff8156_1.jpg

Meh, they would have needed to revamp the whole lighting system for ray traced global illumination and it was probably too much work. I guess they could have added something like RTAO or maybe reflections but I doubt they would have made that big of a difference. Last one is shadows but I think they look fine and properly filtered in that game so they wouldn't have added much besides tanking your performance.
Guerrilla said that they have an ambitious roadmap for their engine, revamping their whole lighting system is probably one of them.

Like you said for a PC port who is not even done by Guerrilla is way too much work.

Senua

You guys are down on this but I will prolly pick this up when its cheaper, mostly because the visuals tbh but I did have some fun with the first game even though it's not exactly my type of game nowadays...and Aloy was so fucking bland.

DLAA will look incredible though! Recently played Death Stranding at 4k with DLAA and it was so clean

DEATH-STRANDING-DIRECTOR-S-CUT-04-01-2024-15-17-43.png

//DEVIL//

this look beautiful.

I think I should start playing the first one on PC. I played 15% or 20% then got bored. and never bothered. But I really want to explore the lore. surprisingly it was not spoiled for me so here is hope the story is actually good and ill get to know why we are back to the ice-age life style with mechs.

Senua

this look beautiful.

I think I should start playing the first one on PC. I played 15% or 20% then got bored. and never bothered. But I really want to explore the lore. surprisingly it was not spoiled for me so here is hope the story is actually good and ill get to know why we are back to the ice-age life style with mechs.
The story is actually decent which surprised me, I just wish Aloy was more interesting, maybe it was her VA that sent me to sleep.

Hopfully I don't get banned or post deleted for saying this but, I would rather get the new Ubisoft Avatar.
I missed Avatar while it was on sale on Epic Game store. Would have been my first Epic Store buy too.

Last edited:
Yeeiii another $70 glorified tech demo for PC, Digital Foundry is going to be happy… Just in time for the new gpus…

GHG

Hopfully I don't get banned or post deleted for saying this but, I would rather get the new Ubisoft Avatar.
I missed Avatar while it was on sale on Epic Game store. Would have been my first Epic Store buy too.

Serious The Four GIF by Diddy

So desperate to shit post that you couldn't even be bothered to check the EGS beforehand?

The sale is still going on.

Senua

Who expected RT on this game?! lol!

4090 will barely hit 60 without frame gen and DLSS as it is.
The fuck? That's not the reason if RT is added or not. Obviously people would use those features to drive a super heavy RT mode, that's one of the main reasons why they exist.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Another modern game with no RTX 🤡🤡
Imagine thinking rtx is the only way to achieve good graphics. Maybe it would be 20 years ago. Right now we have tons of different methods into nice graphics where-in rt is not day/night difference.
This is your game without RTX on a peasanty ps5 running at 40fps (if I remember correctly when I took the shots)
DUDE WHERE THE RT BE AT (the game uses tons of different bakes for different times of day, so it looks like if there was rt most of the time)
This is a gorgeous game. Even more so with hdr
Fyl36hc.jpg

Ue1Jl3e.jpg

ah6Fwbz.jpg

IJVMFN2.jpg

ThlJ12c.jpg

clarky

Gold Member
Imagine thinking rtx is the only way to achieve good graphics. Maybe it would be 20 years ago. Right now we have tons of different methods into nice graphics where-in rt is not day/night difference.
This is your game without RTX on a peasanty ps5 running at 40fps (if I remember correctly when I took the shots)
DUDE WHERE THE RT BE AT (the game uses tons of different bakes for different times of day, so it looks like if there was rt most of the time)
This is a gorgeous game. Even more so with hdr
Fyl36hc.jpg

Ue1Jl3e.jpg

ah6Fwbz.jpg

IJVMFN2.jpg

ThlJ12c.jpg
I don't doubt that this game is great looking but you didn't do it any favors posting these. The close up shot of Aloys dish is decent enough, the rest not so much.

Top Bottom