• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Great episode, but a couple of things kind of bothered me. Tara is the first to go over and hug Morgan, but the episode where they're trapped in the house and the wolf is tied up in the basement is the only other time I remember them interacting. Also Carl and Tara were surrounded by walkers when they got in the car, and then they had to roll the windows up and not a single walker reached into the car. It also looked like a walker shut the door for him when Rick got into the car.
meh a show like this is always going to have small contrivances like that to keep things exciting. See: stealthy walkers.

also was tara really CGI at the start? I didn't catch it at all if so lol

jelly

I didn't get the highway scene, what was the danger to any group and putting the cars back but the walkers weren't there anyway so not like they were rescuing them or vice versa. The dynamite trap for the herd, would that even work.

Apart from that it was a decent episode.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Great episode, but a couple of things kind of bothered me. Tara is the first to go over and hug Morgan, but the episode where they're trapped in the house and the wolf is tied up in the basement is the only other time I remember them interacting. Also Carl and Tara were surrounded by walkers when they got in the car, and then they had to roll the windows up and not a single walker reached into the car. It also looked like a walker shut the door for him when Rick got into the car.

I mean, just because they don't show them interacting doesn't mean they aren't family.

Courteous walkers, stop hatin'.

Wood Man

Very strong return. With first half being a bit of a downer, this half seems to be on the up & up.

The road scene kinda confused me. When Rick & Michone got out of their cars they were in the midst of the hoard. Shouldn't the hoard be at their backs it they're running back to the truck? What would be the purpose of mowing down the herd?

who the fuck are those ninja guys at the end and why has no one encountered them yet ?

they must have an absolutely massive camp/outpost in the area too. Dunno what they're eating either.

Maybe those big industrial sized tubs of goop that those Christian apocalypse survivalist people sell.

Like seriously, what the heck are people eating, the kingdom seems semi plausible, they got a couple of cabbages going on.

Why the hell is Rick and co still walking into the middle of places without scouting first? You'd think by now, as experienced survivors, they'd be smarter. Terminus, they get surrounded and nearly slaughtered. Saviors, they got surrounded and some of their people get killed.

Why the hell is Rick and co still walking into the middle of places without scouting first? You'd think by now, as experienced survivors, they'd be smarter. Terminus, they get surrounded and nearly slaughtered. Saviors, they got surrounded and some of their people get killed.
when you have high stats you walk around like a boss. I do the same in open world games. Rick is basically a fully spec'd out warrior.

Looking back, Rick and the gang kind of looked like doofuses whenever they'd look for a new home. Apparently there are civilizations within walking distance in any direction, haha.

jelly

Does Morgan have a really wonky leg. Rick is quite bandy but Morgan looks like his leg got snapped and set wrong.

This Ezekiel guy is just too dorky for me. I get it, I saw the scenes with him and Carol but it's just jarringly silly. There's always a few snorts and giggles each episode but this character is more cringeworthy than bad-good/funny.

Rick and co are like maxed out right now. You seen how they just brushed passed the walkers in this ep without getting a scratch?

DoomGyver

I don't understand why they are so hell bent on fighting them. Gather some supplies and work your way back to Georgia.

Surfinn

I'm assuming Rick was smiling because he knew he could probably convince them to fight against the saviors?

I'm not sure it really matters in this show considering how effortlessly people are able to materialize directly behind their opponents in broad daylight.

Nameless

Rick and co are like maxed out right now. You seen how they just brushed passed the walkers in this ep without getting a scratch?

Was that it? I figured they caught a whiff of some residual Glenn blood, detected plot armor, and backed off.

dustyherb

I don't understand why they are so hell bent on fighting them. Gather some supplies and work your way back to Georgia.
That would be a terrible idea in my opinion. Last time they were on the road they barely made it to Alexandria. Now they have even more people they would have to worry about. Unless they just ditched most the Alexandria people, which would be horrible. They have a perfectly good home with power and water for the moment, that's worth staying and defending to me. If they ever want to actually build a future they can't keep relocating and starting over.

ElyrionX

when you have high stats you walk around like a boss. I do the same in open world games. Rick is basically a fully spec'd out warrior.

Lol.

It's pointless trying to analyze the tactical/strategic decisions of the group at this point. If the characters' behavior were consistently competent (which they should be at this point), they'd never get into 90% of the messes they have found themselves in for the past 3 - 4 seasons.

I thought it was a good episode if not a bit slow to start.

Mid-season premieres usually have at least some whack to them.

I wonder who that group at the end was?

If it's (comic book spoiler
Shiva's group
) then surely that's a bit too early on?

That group came through like the Gramercy Riffs at the end of the Warriors.

"You Alexandrians are good. Real good."

This ^ I approve of massively. Good reference haha

JoeNut

Seriously i have defended this show on a very regular basis as i don't tend to be anywhere near as critical as most guys on GAF, however i think that was quite possibly the weakest episode i have seen in the entire show.

Other than the cheesewire between the cars, it was really quite poor, nothing really happened and the plot seems obvious, quite clearly Daryl is going to meet Carol, tell her what's going on, Carol will convince ezekial (because for some reason unexplained he has a thing for her) to help the gang fight the saviours.

Please be better next week

Seriously i have defended this show on a very regular basis as i don't tend to be anywhere near as critical as most guys on GAF, however i think that was quite possibly the weakest episode i have seen in the entire show.

Other than the cheesewire between the cars, it was really quite poor, nothing really happened and the plot seems obvious, quite clearly Daryl is going to meet Carol, tell her what's going on, Carol will convince ezekial (because for some reason unexplained he has a thing for her) to help the gang fight the saviours.

Please be better next week

Yeah I didn't want to be too critical because they are clearly building to something big (fingers crossed) but I too hope we don't get another slow episode.

vityaz

How else are the TWD writers supposed to move the story along? lol. Seems most things happen because of (unbelievable?) stupidity in this show.

Weren't most of the people at the end women? Like the community Tara found?

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I'm surprised that many people haven't figure that out yet.

jett

D-Member
Okay episode. The herd/explosive stuff was really dumb, Rick has untold levels of plot armor. How did they survive that herd exactly?

And who are those people at the end? How did they just randomly bump into them? Where did Gabriel go? I don't understand this show. Random shit just happens.

Okay episode. The herd/explosive stuff was really dumb, Rick has untold levels of plot armor. How did they survive that herd exactly?

And who are those people at the end? How did they just randomly bump into them? Where did Gabriel go? I don't understand this show. Random shit just happens.

They are Walker Killing Veterans now - i guess the past couple seasons didnt show you how capable they are?

We dont know. No one does.
They were following tracks near the boat.
They think Gabriel went to the boat, as a clue left in a notebook when searching for clues on why he left.

nothing random, you just cant follow shit.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD ratings:

Season 7

Episode 1: 17.0 million 8.4 A18-49
Episode 2: 12.5 million 6.1 A18-49
Episode 3: 11.7 million 5.7 A18-49
Episode 4: 11.4 million 5.4 A18-49
Episode 5: 11.0 million 5.2 A18-49
Episode 6: 10.4 million 4.9 A18-49
Episode 7: 10.5 million 5.0 A18-49
Episode 8: 10.6 million 5.1 A18-49

Episode 9: 12.0 million 5.7 A18-49

jelly

wzZEWpU.jpg

L+SD ratings:

Season 7

Episode 1: 17.0 million 8.4 A18-49
Episode 2: 12.5 million 6.1 A18-49
Episode 3: 11.7 million 5.7 A18-49
Episode 4: 11.4 million 5.4 A18-49
Episode 5: 11.0 million 5.2 A18-49
Episode 6: 10.4 million 4.9 A18-49
Episode 7: 10.5 million 5.0 A18-49
Episode 8: 10.6 million 5.1 A18-49

Episode 9: 12.0 million 5.7 A18-49

Solid. I guess those butthurt over Glenn came back?

Elandyll

Banned
I thought it was a good episode if not a bit slow to start.

Mid-season premieres usually have at least some whack to them.

I wonder who that group at the end was?

If it's (comic book spoiler
Shiva's group
) then surely that's a bit too early on?

This ^ I approve of massively. Good reference haha
If you mean
the Whisperers (Shiva is the tiger's name)
then it's way too early and it doesn't look like them either.

My guess is a non comic-book addition, like the group of Women Tara encountered earlier.

RangerX

Banned
The fact that not one of the zombie herd bit Rick or Michonne when they were surrounded was completely ridiculous. I mean theres plot armour but cmon. Ezekiel in king mode is pretty cringey. I like the dude when hes acting naturally. Good episode in general though.

NYR

Solid. I guess those butthurt over Glenn came back?

Let's not re-write history - the quality of the show went down the toliet this season, it isn't as simple as people gave up because of Glenn, they gave up because the show was boring to watch week after week.

dustyherb

Let's not re-write history - the quality of the show went down the toliet this season, it isn't as simple as people gave up because of Glenn, they gave up because the show was boring to watch week after week.
Actually a lot of people didn't give up at all. A shit ton of people just don't watch live anymore. Last half a season was averaging like 15 million when you counted live+3/7 ratings

Top Bottom