• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

daninthemix

Love this game but pretty tired of it being crash happy on PC. Kind of wish I bought it on PS4.

To stop crashing on PC you need to turn off all Gameworks features:

- HBAO+ needs to be off
- Nvidia soft shadows needs to be off
- Fur needs to be 'on' rather than 'simulated'

Can't remember if there's any others. But once the gameworks features were off, I never had a crash.

Stackboy

To stop crashing on PC you need to turn off all Gameworks features:

- HBAO+ needs to be off
- Nvidia soft shadows needs to be off
- Fur needs to be 'on' rather than 'simulated'

Can't remember if there's any others. But once the gameworks features were off, I never had a crash.

Cool, thanks for the tip!

Bought this Saturday on sale for PS4. Burning through it on a tear for the next few days. I'm new to the series so all the mechanics are great (Stampy the Elephant! Gyrocopters!) and Kyrat is so richly realized and wonderful to explore.

The characters and the dialogue are horrible though. Every time I get in a car I have to turn off the radio and I've just completed the Shangri-La segments intro'd by the lame stoners who just refuse to go away. Put off the story missions for a large portion of the start due to this, but the gameplay itself is solid stuff. The missions and towers and the regional power dynamics remind me a lot of Infamous: Second Son, though someone mentioned their presence in Far Cry 3.

SA007

Banned
so I am continuing with this game.(I had this game when it was released but stopped playing it for some time). Honestly this game is very bad when its bad. especially those extended hallucination scenes. It looks like you are playing far cry 3 dlc.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Any word if the Complete Edition is getting released on the rest of the world?
Brazil here. Was waiting for this release and now it seems I'm not getting it.

Can I do all the main campaign missions and still have all the other side missions and side activities available? Does anything get locked off?
Or should I do everything else before I "finish" the game?

JP

Finally, got the platinum trophy for this.

It took me over fifty hour, most of which was spent just messing around. I think I was about forty hours in before I realised that I hadn't done even half of the story missions.

SJRB

Gold Member
Finally, got the platinum trophy for this.

It took me over fifty hour, most of which was spent just messing around. I think I was about forty hours in before I realised that I hadn't done even half of the story missions.

Yeah I never finished the story either. Once I reached the second map I was like "okay, I think I'm done with this story".

JP

Yeah I never finished the story either. Once I reached the second map I was like "okay, I think I'm done with this story".
You may not be interested in them and I just can't remember how it goes now but do you not need to complete it to to get all the trophies/achievements?

I know when I completed the story it was surprisingly short but I levelled quite a bit so iit didn't take long.

Finally got around to this. Much better than 3. The world is more varied and vibrant. The combat feels tighter. The game gets to the action faster. You can shoot while driving. Of course the new villain is no substitute for Vaas

leng jai

Finally got around to this. Much better than 3. The world is more varied and vibrant. The combat feels tighter. The game gets to the action faster. You can shoot while driving. Of course the new villain is no substitute for Vaas

The villain and story in general is non existent in Primal.

This is my first far cry game, I understand that everything is open world so how should I start tackling the game? as I have read that radio towers are the first thing to go after

sarcastor

so i've been playing for several hours and I've noticed the save feature on the pc version is designed by idiots or assholes

- when I die, it seems like it goes back 2 or 3 save points
- when the game crashes, I lose like an hour of progress because it doesn't save my progress
- one of the early missions, you can't cancel or quit the mission, so you have to restart back and lose like half an hour of progress.

wtf Ubisoft?

Top Bottom