• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your MOST PLAYED game this year?

Like 100 hours in New Vegas. That was over the summer and I'm back in school now so no way I'm getting that kind of time in anything for the remainder of the year.

iFirez

Breath of the Wild - 265 hours
Destiny 2 - 175 hours
Stardew Valley - 150 hours

I’ve also planning to put a lot of time into Mario Odyssey and AC Origins so one of those could easily hit the top 3 before the end of the year.

Cryxok

Fire Emblem Fates - 400+ hours
Fire Emblem Heroes - Unknown but fairly certain is up there too. Is there any way to check a mobile game playtime?
Third place is most likely WoW, albeit right now I'm not subscribed and thus I cannot check playtime with my high-level characters.

Tuturu Jones

Neo Member
I pretty much only play one game all year. FM17 is at 608 hours, this is one my weakest years.

KByCafq.png

Randomizer

Nioh = 145 hours (100% Completion)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild = 120 hours (Completed game)
Persona 5 = 75 hours (Currently playing)

Persona 5 will easily break the 100 hour mark so it could reach BotW levels. However the BotW DLC is also coming before the end of the year, more than likely puting it at number 1.

Splatoon 2 (NS) (Online) (First Year) - 260 Hours
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS) - 185 Hours
Pokemon Moon (3DS) (Online) (Second Year) - 112 Hours

Like you, I also don't see this changing unless SMO is really long and really replayable. I beat 3D World 100% in less than 20 hours so I'm not expecting it to be that long.

Splatoon 2 will be over 320 hours by end of year and Zelda should be at 200 hours. Really amazing and new records for me.

Comparisons to the last couple years:

2016:
1: Super Smash Bros. 4 (3DSXL/2DS) (Online) - 205:16 (Its at 40 hours this year rip in piece)
2: Splatoon (WiiU) (Online) - 172:42
3: Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate (3DSXL/2DS) - 132:21

2015:
1: Super Smash Bros. 4 - 294:46
2: Splatoon - 145:08
3: Persona 4: Golden - 89:23 (Basically my first and ordinary playthough. No extras. Yeah its long but good.)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely Breath of the Wild. I think my playtime was over 115 hours, which is likely the longest I've played any game in over a decade.

Copper

FF XIV - Probably at least 150 hours
Persona 5 - 120ish hours
Divinity OS II - 100 hours (sill only on Act 3)

a bunch of games in the 50-70 hour range such as

BOTW
Nioh
Mario Rabbids

shmoglish

Rocket League takes the first Place with 200h +.

From the games that came out this year (and are singleplayer games), Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 with 110h each.

PUBG - 193H (THE KING)
Persona 5 - 110H (still ain't beat it tho smh 😒)
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - 22H (just starting, easily can see this being my 2017 GOTY)

barit

Stellaris with 100h already. (bought it a month ago)

Funny game which is very hard but has some amazing mods to keep it going

BeeDog

By far Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition. My save file is clocking on 65 hours and I'm nowhere close to the end (I'm halfway through WM2 and just reached the second major town in the base game). Stopped only because I hit the save bug, so waiting for the next patch, whenever that comes.

Dreavus

I don't have the numbers but it's got to be Zelda. Consumed for a good 3-4 weeks! Haven't done that on a single player game in ages. I'm still taking my time with it, just not as no-life with it as I was during the summer.

Second is probably Gigantic sitting at 95 (!) hours on Steam, I tend to play one game or two every few days for a while now. And I know everyone says this to downplay the time played but... I am certain I left the game on all day for a least two times, so I'm not sure how accurate that is. Probably more around 75 or so (still a huge amount for a newer game that just released in July on Steam.)

Heroes of the Storm might be third, I was into it a lot earlier this year but I haven't played in months at this point. It's pretty much the only MOBA I can stand these days. Can't find out time played on the Blizz launcher so I'm not sure exactly how long.

mrpookles

1. Mass Effect Andromeda (60 hours)
2. Madden 18 (50 hours)
3. Fallout 4 (35 hours)

NBA 2K18 will end up as #1 by year's end.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dead By Daylight 105 and I plan to keep playing it. Might overtake Tera spot as my most played Steam game if I keep going.

Rhoc

PUBG - close to 400h now and still playing it.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - 80h and still only act 2.

Gwent - around 48h but I don't play it anymore

I hope that Destiny 2 on PC can get into the top 3 atleast but we will see.

Really tough to tell on actual hours, but it's some combination of:
Destiny 2 (226 hours)
Overwatch (100+ hours, played on multiple consoles and a lot of time in the arcade which wasn't tracked for a while)
Destiny 1 (100+ hours)

Mine will probably remain Destiny 2 by year's end.

Rocket league: 200+ hours, maybe alot more. Have a total of 2000+ hours.
Pubg: 340 hours, stopped playing as I'm fed up with the gameplay, cheaters and overall jankiness.
Vanilla wow: 130 hours, the Skinner box affect

Pokemon Go - since January 2017 (not including last year) I've been playing it probably a good 1-2 hours straight per day if I lump together times where I'm just Go-Plussing.

So... 300 hours on Pokemon Go. Lvl 39 and 1 million left till Lvl 40 lol

RalchAC

1. Stellaris
2. Persona 5
3/4. Nier Automata / Tales of Berseria
5. Horizon

Those are probably the games I've played for over 50 hours. I've probably spent 200 hours playing Stellaris since January with a group of friends.

Sorian

Banned
My FFXIV account has like 350 days of playtime on it. There's a lot of afk time on there and that's from 2.0 release like 4 years ago so impossible to say how much is from this year but that's easily first.

I have a little over 1000 hours on my gwent account but some of those hours are from last year.

Persona 5 is my highest single player at about 110 hours.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Zedla BotW for now
Destiny 2 coming close already though
Then Horizon Zero Dawn
I have the feeling AC Origins will also take up a fair chunk of my time soon.

Froxenblade

Neo Member
I wish I could say Horizon, but Destiny 2 has by now greatly eclipsed anything I've played or will play all year. I don't have actual numbers, but it's pretty obvious to me. Amazing that a game that is by all accounts staggeringly mediocre can still coax me in for so many hours. The same thing happened, to a lesser extent, with Destiny 1. I never thought it was anything more than just okay, but I played and played.

Note: Haven't played Breath of the Wild, which is the only other game that sounds like it could potentially dethrone Destiny 2.

Top Bottom