• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox download (China account required)

For people on the billing page after you've entered your fake details click the button on the left at the bottom of the page.

I must have spent 30 minutes clicking the right one and it kept taking me to a page with payment options...

30% and counting

Love free shit

Majukun

Ok I have the game downloaded into the queue , but how do i log into this account on the console? When I create a new account on the console it tells me that the microsoft account is associated with a different xbox live profile.

select "download an account" from the account selection screen

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
This is what I did:

1. Make an @live.com account with the country set to China, also make sure you put an alternate email or phone number for the security code
2. Log in on the link in the OP and download AC3.
3. It asked me to make my Xbox Live account, and to confirm my address and security code (either it's texted or emailed, whatever you provided).
4. Put in Shanghai for City and 100600 for Zip Code and you should be good.
5. You can now download it.
6. Log on to your Xbox 360, sign in to the account created, open up the guide, go to download history, and download AC3.
7. When it's done downloading, you can go on your main account and play.

I don't have access to a translator right now so...

After entering the security code I'm brought to a page, where I have no idea what it's asking me to fill out. A whole bunch of boxes, and then two boxes at the bottom that I can press.

What is it asking me to enter in these lines?

I don't have access to a translator right now so...

After entering the security code I'm brought to a page, where I have no idea what it's asking me to fill out. A whole bunch of boxes, and then two boxes at the bottom that I can press.

What is it asking me to enter in these lines?

Address

Put in Shanghai for city and 100600 for Zip Code.

I don't remember the order of the boxes, so you may want to use Google Chrome if you can.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
uh
Current balance 0 Microsoft Points
Price 3200 Microsoft Points
You don't have enough points. -3200

n/m I got it to work!

pakkit

Banned
Insanely easy. Thanks OP. I've played a bit of Assassin's Creed 3 and hated it...but I've also been told that it gets better.

followed the steps in the OP and got it! lol microsoft gave me chaffypillow19 as my gamertag.

the game is downloading to my 360 as i type this! its still stuck at 0% but hopefully it'll increase soon.

edit - 8% downloaded! this is awesome

Majukun

the download is reeeeaally slow

followed the steps in the OP and got it! lol microsoft gave me chaffypillow19 as my gamertag.

the game is downloading to my 360 as i type this! its still stuck at 0% but hopefully it'll increase soon.

i got a cool snowytundra2 XD

RipRamsey

It says free at the link, but when I try to download the game it says it's 3200 points. Is this dead?

Edit: Nevermind I got it to work.

Trying to do this from my phone. I got so far as to change everything to Chinese and now I have no clue where to go.

Can someone help me?

Awesome! Profile being downloaded as I type! I just borrowed the game from my friend too.

EDIT: Wow...Chinese profiles are very clean/empty.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Think I got it! I got through the billing portion, and when I clicked to download the game I got a bunch of Chinese characters and an exclamation point, rather than the 0 purchase price. So I'm thinking that must be some sort of "congratulations on your purchase" comment.

Can't wait to get home and see if it all works!

masterkajo

You gotta love gaf. Had a very busy day, just got home and made myself something to eat. Next thing I know is put my chinese to good use and try to get a game for free. Thanks, man :)

Arnie

I'm at a page with what I assume is my fake Chinese phone number and a box below. Page border is blue. What goes in the box?

Sec0nd

Does someone know where I can find the box art for this game? I want to print it so I can still add it to my physical collection lol.

I'm at a page with what I assume is my fake Chinese phone number and a box below. Page border is blue. What goes in the box?

Probably sending a security code to that phone number that they want you to type in. Try making another account and use an alternate email address instead of a phone number, and they'll email you a code.

Just realized I've now bought Just Cause 2 and Assassin's Creed 3 for $10 total today! Today's a good day haha. Haven't played either game.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks OP. Downloading now.

Perfect timing, sold my retail copy yesterday...

Top Bottom