• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox download (China account required)

Cool, got it on a chinese account. So can I just log into to this account on my 360 or do I have to also change the system's region? That can only be done every 3 months right? Will it affect me playing with friends on my original account or the space money I have on it?

Raptor

You can play it with any profile on the console you download it on. The licence is both attached the console and the account so you can play offline.

Nice, well with my internet speed it will take me a good week to download it :/

But free is free and this is a game I wanted to play so great stuff OP thanks for the heads up.

It something is too good to be true, it probably is. This is the kind of thing that Microsoft revokes and occasionally bans accounts for.

They might remove it from the account, but they can't do anything once the game has been downloaded.

They also don't ban people for stuff like this, at least I can't recall them ever banning someone for downloading free stuff from other regions.

Well, done. It's in my xbox.com download queue, but I'm scared as hell to actually log in with my 360 and start the download.

Razdek

Banned
I can't even set my region to china. It says:

Canada
Chile
Colombia
Czech Republic

Dafack?

You don't set the XBOX to that region you need to create a MS account (Outlook, Hotmail) and set that region to China. Then you click on the link in the OP to go to the XBOX site and create a XBOX profile, click on the download link, put in some bs billing address from google, sign into your XBOX with the account and it starts downloading right away.

sangreal

It something is too good to be true, it probably is. This is the kind of thing that Microsoft revokes and occasionally bans accounts for.

While it may be against the TOS, I doubt you can find anyone who has been banned for doing this. This is something people do every time there is a region-specific sale (which is pretty often). Recently it was Hungarian accounts, now it's China so if they ban for it, it should be easy to find some examples. They have a mechanism in place to prevent it: region locking. Some games on GoD are region free, others aren't.

btw it's pretty hard to get your XBL account banned in the first place; not even piracy will do it (they ban the console)

Ghazi

Just reporting in, I just finished downloading it and it's in English and it comes with the online pass.

i made an account and started it downloading via the pc, what do i do to get that on my xbox? i know i'm asking a really dumb question but i never 'logged in' on xbox.com, so i don't know what my sign in details are for this new chinese account.
do i download my new profile?

edit: figured it out, if anyone else is as dumb as me then yeah you do need to download the profile onto the xbox you want to keep the game on.

Korosenai

Yea, do I need to make a chinese hotmail first or can I just make a windows live id straight from the chinese xbox.com? If I need a hotmail, could someone send me a link to the chinese hotmail?

Aesthet1c

OP You rock! Got my copy downloading now. Thanks for this!

Yea, do I need to make a chinese hotmail first or can I just make a windows live id straight from the chinese xbox.com? If I need a hotmail, could someone send me a link to the chinese hotmail?

It's just www.outlook.com. When you create an account on there, set your region as China.

Top Bottom