• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

It's worse when you consider her father designed it

3RZxJ.gif

Punisher trailer got me optimistic it’ll feel different from the other shows.

Part of me thinks the four others tried to be consistent to mesh well in The Defenders. Kinda seems like a mistake in retrospect.

dU0vtbu.jpg

Does that work better?

Definitely looks better but ideally more gold than yellow. How it looked in the Ant-Man stinger was nice.

SpaceWolf

Banned

If it's coming in less than a month, why the hell haven't they given us the release date yet, especially amidst the big marketing push which literally just included an official trailer a couple of days ago?

Their reluctance to give out the release date is super strange to me. Doubly so if it's actually releasing so soon.

If it's coming in less than a month, why the hell haven't they given us the release date yet, especially amidst the big marketing push which literally just included an official trailer a couple of days ago?

Their reluctance to give out the release date is super strange to me. Doubly so if it's actually releasing so soon.

They wanted to announce "Next week!!!", at NYCC?

SpaceWolf

Banned
They wanted to announce "Next week!!!", at NYCC?

Probably exactly what they want to do.

That would strike me as really bad marketing that would only play well with the small crowd of people actually attending NYCC. If they know the release date, not putting it on all the big trailers seems like an over-sight when it comes to actually getting people to actively nticipate the date of the show's arrival so they actually take the time to sit down and patch it when it finally debuts, as opposed to just leaving them surprised when the series randomly show up the next time they happen to log into Netflix.

That would strike me as really bad marketing that would only play well with the small crowd of people actually attending NYCC. If they know the release date, not putting it on all the big trailers seems like an over-sight when it comes to actually getting people to actively nticipate the date of the show's arrival so they actually take the time to sit down and patch it when it finally debuts, as opposed to just leaving them surprised when the series randomly show up the next time they happen to log into Netflix.

I feel that the people who have been following the Netflix shows would mostly be aware of NYCC. If not most entertainment websites/blogs would write an article about its release anyway.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I feel that the people who have been following the Netflix shows would mostly be aware of NYCC. If not most entertainment websites/blogs would write an article about its release anyway.

Any successful Netflix show pretty much lives or dies on account of its ability to reach out to a far wider casual audience. With that casual audience mostly only being exposed to the show through the trailers they just put out, neglecting to put the release date on them (despite seeming to already know the release date), only to announce the date in person at a fan event, strikes me as a pretty boneheaded move, marketing wise.

Any successful Netflix show pretty much lives or dies on account of its ability to reach out to a far wider casual audience. With that casual audience mostly only being exposed to the show through the trailers they just put out, neglecting to put the release date on them (despite seeming to already know the release date), only to announce the date in person at a fan event, strikes me as a pretty boneheaded move, marketing wise.

While that would be true for more traditional media, I think with the instant access of digital media and Netflix a non-traditional method of announcement would work well for it.

And besides, there will be tons of people who didn't hear the release and then see the series on Netflix and will say "oh shit, that's out" and watch it right away.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Evangeline Lilly‏Verified account @EvangelineLilly 56m56 minutes ago

Had my first day working with this hottie today! 😱😍😍😍. @hannahjk1 #bangsfordays #alienhottie #coneheads

DKWtWeQUIAA_uGX.jpg

Hope getting the short hair again?

SpaceWolf

Banned
They are getting predictable with the flashbacks. Put them not always on the start of th movie ffs.

Ha, this post made me realize seven MCU movies open with a flashback, (not including First Avenger, which opens with a flashforward).

I guess it is getting pretty old hat.

Kirby Krackle confirmed
Regarding bringing the Kirby Krackle to life, “If you look at the original Asgard there are these massive riffs in the sky like dimensional breaks, with a whole lot of pop all the way around them. What he’s doing is really just filling the frame. So for us what that means is we can be very dense with the visuals.”

You could actually see it in the trailer title card:
ry5gmae.gif

SArcher

Banned
Watching Agents of SHIELD for the first time (just finished ep 4 of season 1) and I'm loving it. Not sure why people were so harsh on it originally.

Watching Agents of SHIELD for the first time (just finished ep 4 of season 1) and I'm loving it. Not sure why people were so harsh on it originally.
I like it too from the start. I think people have different expectation of the show make them more harsh to the show. Doesn't help that AoS does have this weird tone at the start where it want to be serious, but have some wacky physics that took some suspension of disbelief you need to accept or get over it.

Anth0ny

I hope the official infinity war poster is close to the comic con poster, or a play on the famous infinity gauntlet comic cover.

Instead we will get horrible photoshopped cluster fuck of 42 separate .pngs of different characters

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I hope the official infinity war poster is close to the comic con poster, or a play on the famous infinity gauntlet comic cover.

Instead we will get horrible photoshopped cluster fuck of 42 separate .pngs of different characters
Why would you think we'll get a shitty poster? The only bad poster was the Spider-man one and that was all thanks to Sony.

Top Bottom