• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5 Confirmed for the West

fates

AA fans got in less than 24 hours what MH fans have waited 2 years for.

Oh wait, we're still waiting!

bciis.gif

I mean I pretty much figured as such but even so this is good news.

Why is everyone celebrating?

Isn't the fact that Capcom is willing to announce AA5's localization a day after it's announced a red flag that they aren't ever going to release AAI2 or AAvPL, games that have been in limbo for years?

iammeiam

Isn't the fact that Capcom is willing to announce AA5's localization a day after it's announced a red flag that they aren't ever going to release AAI2 or AAvPL, games that have been in limbo for years?

I think most have accepted that the AAI2 ship has sailed (at least in plain DS form.) AAvPL was, last I heard, Level 5's to handle the localization of and so not Capcom's bag.

The good news here is that AAI2's non-release wasn't the death of the franchise in the west where Capcom's concerned.

Why "soon"? BECAUSE THEY ARE PLANNING A... Capcpom 3DS Showcase!

- Monster Hunter 3G International
- Monster Hunter 4
- Ace Attorney 5
- Ace Attorney 3D Collection
- Miles Edgeworth 2
- Megaman Legends 3
- Resident Evil Downfall

ibiBe94HaD9esT.jpg

Pretty sure PLxAA is Level 5's responsibility at this point.

MoosiferX

What amazing news! 1/2 of the #5's (Ace Attorney 5, and Yakuza 5) confirmed for US. If I keep up my ritualistic prayers, maybe SEGA will also see the light.

Pyrokai

Any word on Layton/Phoenix though??? That's the one I'm worried about.....I wonder if a dual Capcom/Nintendo publishing effort is possible.....hmmmm.....

Why "soon"? BECAUSE THEY ARE PLANNING A... Capcpom 3DS Showcase!

- Monster Hunter 3G International
- Monster Hunter 4
- Ace Attorney 5
- Ace Attorney 3D Collection
- Miles Edgeworth 2
- Megaman Legends 3
- Resident Evil Downfall

ibiBe94HaD9esT.jpg

Bonus points for using a Mariah gif to make it clear how fake this is

In short, when Capcom intends to bring a game over, they don't tease and dance around the issue.

This means Monster Hunter 3DS and AAI2 are never happening.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Hopefully the AAI2 fan translation is finished by then, cause I assume 5 will reference stuff from the game.
They'll probably change it in the translation, or use some ironic way of letting us know since it wasn't released here

The localization of the games are pretty sweet

Forever

Banned

Capcom isn't making AAvPL.

You're probably shit out of luck on AAI2 though.

Makes me happy. But then it also makes me lose hope for Monster Hunter if the confirmation went this fast for Ace Attorney, while they just keep avoiding the issue for MH :/

Gartooth

I'm incredibly relieved to hear this, but at the same time genuinely surprised that for the first time in a long while, there is news about Capcom that makes me actually happy. (Now get to bringing Layton vs. Ace Attorney to the west!!)

Double confirmation is good enough for me. Bring on the gifs!

ib0F50d1qceAdb.gif

I suppose this is a good time as any to track down copies of Ace Attorney 1, 3 and 4.

GhaleonQ

Yeah, I figured this was likely since they made sure to clarify that passing on AAI2 did not indicate anything for the rest of the series.

Does not make passing on AAI2 any less shitty, though. Oh boy, they are doing their jobs! I will go send out for a trophy.

To be fair, these are some pretty good scraps from the table.

Still, you're not forgiven, Capcom. You're not forgiven. *waves used Japanese version angrily*

HardRojo

damian-hee(d).gif

Also, besides the great news, Capcom please bring AAI2 over too, my collection looks fine but it's weird knowing there's still one retail game in the series that I don't have (I refuse to purchase the japanese version for now).

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
wIvxU.gif

best news all month for me

well until sept 13

please don't play with me about AAI2. DON'T PLAY WITH ME

Great! When should we expect this? Christmas 2013 at the earliest? Likely Spring 2014?

With the plot basically complete and a demo ready, I wouldn't be surprised if the game were finished this year, and ready to be sold early 2013 (so as to avoid cannibalizing on the PLvsAA sales). Maybe we'll get lucky and they're already working on the localization, so as to sell it internationally around the same time? One can hope - I would like to think the US and Europe will see the game by Summer 2013.

HardRojo

Double confirmation is good enough for me. Bring on the gifs!

ib0F50d1qceAdb.gif

I suppose this is a good time as any to track down copies of Ace Attorney 1, 3 and 4.

You can snag copies of AA1 and AA3 on Amazon for a fair price (they're a bit more expensive with AA1 going for $21 and AA3 going for $41 now) compared to what you'd find somewhere else, AA2, AA4 and AAI are the real problems.
Note: I got AA1 a couple of months ago for 16 bucks and AA3 a month ago for 31 on Amazon.

Ithil

AAvPL isn't in limbo, it's still in development, it's due out in November in Japan. Plus that's mostly Level-5 (with Shu Takumi directing), not Capcom.

Layton is a big seller in the west, that will be localised no problem.

Top Bottom