• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5 Confirmed for the West

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
To me the pilygonal models look great, way better than Layton 5th. I hope that Layton VS Wright models will be similar to these ones.

Omikaru

So I just realized this confirms AA5.
But PW VS PL is still not confirmed for the west is it?

I think 'PWvsPL' is probably more in sync with Layton releases than Ace Attorney ones, so I don't expect to see it in the West for at least another year.

Last year Japan had 'Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask', and that's the one EU/NA is getting in October this year. This year Japan is getting 'PWvsPL', and (presumably) next year they're getting 'Professor Layton and the Legacy of Super Civilization A'. In terms of how Western releases have gone, that suggests we'll get 'PWvsPL' next Fall, and 'Professor Layton and the Legacy of Super Civilization A' in Fall 2014.

AA5 could, in theory, come much sooner, since it's purely on Capcom's release schedule, and not beholden to the yearly Professor Layton releases in the West. Though they may want PWvsPL to gain some recognition for Phoenix Wright before they release AA5. Who knows?

I think 'PWvsPL' is probably more in sync with Layton releases than Ace Attorney ones, so I don't expect to see it in the West for at least another year.

Last year Japan had 'Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask', and that's the one EU/NA is getting in October this year. This year Japan is getting 'PWvsPL', and (presumably) next year they're getting 'Professor Layton and the Legacy of Super Civilization A'. In terms of how Western releases have gone, that suggests we'll get 'PWvsPL' next Fall, and 'Professor Layton and the Legacy of Super Civilization A' in Fall 2014.

AA5 could, in theory, come much sooner, since it's purely on Capcom's release schedule, and not beholden to the yearly Professor Layton releases in the West. Though they may want PWvsPL to gain some recognition for Phoenix Wright before they release AA5. Who knows?

We've usually gotten AA games in the fall, I suspect it'd look something like this

Fall 2012 PL Miracle Mask
Fall 2013 PL v AA
Spring 2014 AA5
Fall 2014 PL 6

I'm assuming AA5 is spring/summer 2013 in Japan

Jawmuncher

I'd be fine with that.
So long as it makes it over.

Javier

7gZ5k.jpg

Could that be...
Sahwit?

Qurupeke

I just saw the new screens... So much awesomeness... The 3D models look perfectly fine to me. Also...Mature Phoenix... Dark Payne... This first case will be awesome. :eek:

“AAI2 isn’t being held hostage so please don’t read this that way but if they [AA5, AA iOS] do well, they certainly can’t hurt,” Svensson says on the Capcom forums. “Justification for higher forecasts via stronger than expected sales in the franchise would be helpful.”

Svensson also added another important point that fans may like to know.

“Bear in mind… the forecasts for AA5 I’ve put in are aggressive (high) relative to the historical performance of the franchise (needed to make sure it came over), so I’m counting on you guys to not make me a liar.”
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/17/ace-attorney-5-sales-forecasts-are-aggressive-say-capcom-usa/

No piracy, more sales, I believe.

I'll be there day one. :)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I really, really hope this is the beginning of a new trilogy

overarching main plot across three games like GS1-2-3....ooohhh yeeeessss

Vamphuntr

I really wonder if they will honor this promise now that apparently the game will feature voice acting.

Siliconera translated an interview with the dev team published on Nintendo Dream which, state among other things, that there will be voice acting in the game. Not sure how much will be voiced but the comments implies there's going to be a lot of voices in this.

Siliconera said:
Another topic brought up was the subject of voices, which appeared in the promotional video shown in the TGS. This will be the first time voice actors will be used in-game (previously, they only appeared on the DS trailers). The staff are aware that there will be much resistance to the doing away of the bleep-bloops of the series, but say that the change was made after much consideration.

The first reason for this was that, due to the 3DS’ surround sound capabilities, bringing over the DS sounds as they are would have been extremely difficult due to tuning problems.

Another concern was that the staff wanted the game sequences to work with the anime scenes, which are also fully voiced

Other interesting tidbits are that Phoenix will now have inherited some character traits from Apollo and that some popular characters will be returning in AA5. They also explain the pun (as series tradition) with Kidzune Kokone's name.

I really wonder if they will honor this promise now that apparently the game will feature voice acting.

Siliconera translated an interview with the dev team published on Nintendo Dream which, state among other things, that there will be voice acting in the game. Not sure how much will be voiced but the comments implies there's going to be a lot of voices in this.

Other interesting tidbits are that Phoenix will now have inherited some character traits from Apollo and that some popular characters will be returning in AA5. They also explain the pun (as series tradition) with Kidzune Kokone's name.
Phoenix -> Apollo -> Phoenix ... what?

Voice acting is going to make it harder for us to get these games, maybe not this one. :\

Pirabear

Banned
Did the TGS demo have any voice acting? I have a feeling the court room battles will feature VAs, but the investigation segments will keep the bleepbloops.

Phoenix -> Apollo -> Phoenix ... what?

The original quote was referring to Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, not the title character. IE, Phoenix will still have some traits from his appearance in AJ:AA.

Did the TGS demo have any voice acting? I have a feeling the court room battles will feature VAs, but the investigation segments will keep the bleepbloops.

They shown nothing that was voice acted. Check the footage here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4jbHspzmCg&feature=player_detailpage#t=849s

The problem seems to be Siliconera's reporting of the interview. Court Records (http://www.court-records.net/) says otherwise, and states the real controversy will be having a different voice actor for Phoenix.

Phoenix keeping traits from AA4 is a good thing. As much as I like him, completely reverting him back to his personality from the original trilogy would have been a huge step back. Can't wait to see where they take him.

I hope they don't go overboard with the returning characters, though.

squall23

The anime scenes were voice acted.
The closed door anime scenes that most people probably still haven't seen you mean. As for the voice acting bit. It's going to be weird to have Narimiya (the actor from the movie) voice act for Layton vs AA and then not him for the game after.

So who handled the localization in the previous games? I hope they use the same people.

Its pretty much the awesome writing that keeps me coming back to these games.

Top Bottom