• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Wallach

Patch Notes said:
Players who die in solo Greater Rifts can now choose to immediately resurrect. When choosing this option, the time remaining on your death timer will be removed from the remaining Greater Rift time and your cooldowns will be advanced by the same amount.

atpChar

finally

haven't played through the campaign since launch, pretty fun with the necromancer
just got to the cathedral and was all:

1rm0v5.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
haven't played through the campaign since launch, pretty fun with the necromancer
just got to the cathedral and was all:

1rm0v5.jpg

I hadnt played D3 in many months and recently ive been in a huge slump and excited for the necro so I leveld a Witch Docttor through story (up to 50ish, act 3 then I stopped for whatever reason) and yeah, it was actually fun. Also people shit on the story all the time but I thought it was decent for what it is, I dunno.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Necro bought, guess I know what I'll do all night at work lol

so many gaf clan back online, amazing

season isnt even started yet, so it should stay active for at least July-August.

Because nerds dont go to the beach. What, its true :(

Rhaknar

I see that as usual, the female version looks miles better.

edit: nvm it seems it just shows the wrong download speed, weird

Prelude.

I'm thinking of buying the game since I liked the starter edition, but it's a pretty shitty deal on PC atm.

There's a complete collection on consoles, but they didn't announce a new Battle Chest for PC and I don't think I'd spend €15, basically more than half of the game+RoS, on the necro. On the other hand, not getting the necro seems kinda dumb at this point, since I waited this long and it seems like a fun class.

Dammit, Blizzard, why are you prioritizing consoles on D3?

Rhaknar

so what difficulty do people level in story? Master? Torment seems a bit high at first tbh :/

Baliis

so what difficulty do people level in story? Master? Torment seems a bit high at first tbh :/

Depends on how well you can keep your gear up, but I usually do master/torment 1

I'm thinking of buying the game since I liked the starter edition, but it's a pretty shitty deal on PC atm.

There's a complete collection on consoles, but they didn't announce a new Battle Chest for PC and I don't think I'd spend €15, basically more than half of the game+RoS, on the necro. On the other hand, not getting the necro seems kinda dumb at this point, since I waited this long and it seems like a fun class.

Dammit, Blizzard, why are you prioritizing consoles on D3?

I'm not really sure I get your complaint? The battle chest + necro costs less than the enternal collection on console does, at least for US. $20 + 15 for PC vs $45 on PSN. Don't have an EU account to check PSN but I imagine it's similar since the EU battle chest is on sale for 20 right now too.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So, Seasons have helped the console versions of the game become less of a hacked mess? I gave this game up because you'd see people with 1 million DPS and HASTE effects so dramatic the entire party would experience game-breaking slowdown. But if that's gone now, I'm interested in going back for the Necromancer.

GAF, help a brother out and clear this up for me, please.

Prelude.

I'm not really sure I get your complaint? The battle chest + necro costs less than the enternal collection on console does, at least for US. $20 + 15 for PC vs $45 on PSN. Don't have an EU account to check PSN but I imagine it's similar since the EU battle chest is on sale for 20 right now too.
A physical Battle Chest, there's no Volume 2 (or whatever they wanna call it) announced.
But still, my point is that I don't feel like spending that much for a single class when I don't even own the game yet, I'd like a full package.

I gave this game up because you'd see people with 1 million DPS and HASTE effects so dramatic the entire party would experience game-breaking slowdown.

Actually, I had a wizard with over 700k DPS, so 1m isn't really outside the realm of possibility with the right gear.

first 5 minutes with necromancer and i'm liking her. but playing too much HOTS that i keep right clicking to move lol.

corpse explosion. fun that it doesn't use mana but corpse lol.

Rhaknar

I'm starting from scratch since I don't have my old PS3 save anymore. Hard seems like a good starting point. Up to level 14 so far with my Necro.

I got about 550 paragon so hard is a no go. Even master seems too easy,just killed Leoric before he even did his summons or his mace swing thing.

Might bump it to torment 1 and see.

Anyway, Necro leaves an awesome first impression (I was bised to like it anyway cause im a pet fanboy), I love the corpse mechanic, making them blow up and then more corpses are left behind and you blow more shit up is hilarious (even if right now im using the mana back skill and not explosion because, well he is a mana whore isnt he?)

Baliis

Actually, I had a wizard with over 700k DPS, so 1m isn't really outside the realm of possibility with the right gear.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Baliis-1759/hero/84633080

Almost 1.4mil on my monk and that's just my ghetto speed farm set. My proper innas/shenlong stuff is closer to 1.9 if I remember right, and that's with pretty unoptimized weapons, not full ancients, and not fully augmented.

Okay cool thanks... but my original question?

As far as I know there aren't hacked items on seasons for console since the source of them was imported saves from the older consoles. Can't do that from seasons. Idk if people can modify PS4/xbone saves though.

Rhaknar

only lvl 22 but skeleton mages dont seem to synergize with the rest of the pet stuff at all, it completely drains your mana to get them out (and they dont last long) so you cant actually use command skeletons, and thats...weird.

only lvl 22 but skeleton mages dont seem to synergize with the rest of the pet stuff at all, it completely drains your mana to get them out (and they dont last long) so you cant actually use command skeletons, and thats...weird.

I didn't think the skeleton mage pet was very good either it doesn't last very long and it didn't seem to hit very hard. The undead knights though are beasts they make a great shield and resummon as they die.

Rhaknar

I didn't think the skeleton mage pet was very good either it doesn't last very long and it didn't seem to hit very hard. The undead knights though are beasts they make a great shield and resummon as they die.

the pet set is heavily focused around the mages tho... kinda wish I didnt know that lol. But fuck it, for now im not using them, I hate having to spam them. I love the raise minion skill, its super easy to have 10 out all the time (except against bosses I guess) and they last a long time.

edit: oops its 3am, I actually need to do some work lol

So my friends bought the eternal collection today, and one cannot join or be joined. It constantly gives an error.

"There was a problem joining the game."

The other friend has no problems. What do we do to fix this?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
the pet set is heavily focused around the mages tho... kinda wish I didnt know that lol. But fuck it, for now im not using them, I hate having to spam them. I love the raise minion skill, its super easy to have 10 out all the time (except against bosses I guess) and they last a long time.

edit: oops its 3am, I actually need to do some work lol

The mages are no good until later when you get runes that make them much better.
The set increases their damage quite a bit so they are certainly worth it (there is a rune that summons 2 at once also).

Rhaknar

The mages are no good until later when you get runes that make them much better.
The set increases their damage quite a bit so they are certainly worth it (there is a rune that summons 2 at once also).

none of the runes says it summons 2 at once in the tooltips :(

the last rune makes it so it costs health instead of essence so thats nice, although I know for a fact the rune youre "supposed" to use is the archer one.

Is Frailty bugged? it says its supposed to kill enemies under 15% health but they never instantly die when they get that low?

Hit 21 with my Necromancer before quitting for the day. Having a blast. I'm glad I decided to jump back in.

Question, though. What is this cube thing that deals with the very bottom equipment slot? I haven't played since a while after Reaper of Souls came out, so this is new to me.

UraMallas

Hit 21 with my Necromancer before quitting for the day. Having a blast. I'm glad I decided to jump back in.

Question, though. What is this cube thing that deals with the very bottom equipment slot? I haven't played since a while after Reaper of Souls came out, so this is new to me.

It's a very useful item. You can do all sorts of things with it. You can extract legendary powers and equip them without having a piece of armor/weapon equipped that has it. That's the tip of the iceberg. Here's the wiki page:

https://www.diablowiki.net/Kanai’s_Cube

Woorloog

Banned
After few hours of playing with the Necro, i've already got over 1 million DPS on sheet and quite a bit of toughness (boosted myself to lvl 70 quite quickly with leveling gear and Gem of Ease). Had some luck obtaining few pieces of Inarius set plus i had a spare Endless Walk in my stash. That said, having Primal Ancient Scourge with 4k DPS grants a lot of damage even with poor affixes and lack of proper legendaries. Also grabbed some high level legendary gems from my WD.

Current build, just picked stuff that seem to work reasonably together:
https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/necromancer#bdjTYV!giTj!aZccca

The skeletons are there mostly because i can't be bothered to use anything else. Very easy to use. They don't seem to be doing that much damage really, but at least they keep enemies away from me and Life Per Hit keeps me alive even at only 10% of mine.
The golem provides corpses as needed. The corpse explosion is the real damage dealer and clears enemies from screen in seconds with some spam (since you keep getting more corpses...)
Bone armor and blood rush for durability and mobility. Scythe is there just to fill essence as needed, though a ranged spell would be actually better since my with Endless Walk i'm better off standing around.

Will need to tweak stuff later on.

IceMarker

Finally finished the campaign with cinematics/events turned back on. Pretty good voice work from the male Necro throughout, they even brought back in Tyrael's voice actor to do some more work. Definitely drops some hints in Act V about where the story could head with Diablo 4, if it ever exists. Now to get Necro to GR60.

so many gaf clan back online, amazing
Hell yeah!

Jaraghan

Got to level 25 tonight with Necro. This class is unbelievably fun. Raising enemies into my own minions, summoning mages and having the 7 skeletons on the field... all while I am in the back putting out some weak damage but getting Essence and spamming abilities.

Anyone have a Necro summon/pet build guide? It's really the only path I want to go down with this character.

IceMarker

Got to level 25 tonight with Necro. This class is unbelievably fun. Raising enemies into my own minions, summoning mages and having the 7 skeletons on the field... all while I am in the back putting out some weak damage but getting Essence and spamming abilities.

Anyone have a Necro summon/pet build guide? It's really the only path I want to go down with this character.
Farming for the Bones of Rathma and Jesseth Arms sets is a good place to start.

Rhaknar

Army of the Dead's dmg is bonkers. I using 2min cooldown skills tho.

Right now I'm rolling with skellies, the curse that kills mobs under 15% with the rune that gives 15% dmg to minions, the flesh golem with the 8 corpse rune because I like having a quick easy way to get corpses (especially for bosses), army of the dead, raise minion with the corpse return rune because, again, need corpses for bosses and the poison bone spike as a basic attack.

Looking at the pet set tho, im trying to figure out what I would change. Obviously mages would have to go in, probably instead of the golem (which im ok with, that thing is no witch doctor golem let me tell you).

Rhaknar

The best compliment I can give the necro is that even tho I'm a pet fanboy, I'm actually interested in other builds. Like, corpse explosion is ridiculously satisfying, and I want to make a build around it bad. Do any of the sets allow that?

Its monk-making-everything-explode levels of satisfying.

I am running Inarius with Grim Scythe. Basically all the GS upgrades including the auto-curse on hit. Doing TXI okay. Offense can go higher but defense is suspect. Using the bone armor amulet (75% DR with the set), the DR ring that scales with life missing, and the 100% armor passive. Still getting toasted. Will need the 45% DR decrepify belt for sure.

Of course I am pushing with normal gear so that is some of it. Also, frailty appears to be a kill stealer lol.

The best compliment I can give the necro is that even tho I'm a pet fanboy, I'm actually interested in other builds. Like, corpse explosion is ridiculously satisfying, and I want to make a build around it bad. Do any of the sets allow that?

Its monk-making-everything-explode levels of satisfying.

Trag set can boost corpse explosion that takes life. Inarius will boost all damage that is hit by the bonado including corpse explosion. And the pestilence set can use corpse explosion to set up bone spear. Look for an amulet call Johnstone.

Based on job postings and some internal leaks, they've been working on D4 for over a year now.

There's an important caveat though (beyond just "unconfirmed" of course). Apparently Blizzard really wasn't happy w the marketing cycle fir SC2 and D3 (remember the 3 year gap for SC2 and the *4* year gap for D3? It felt like forever to the community. They now make a conscious effort to announce much closer to a playable build and then beta, as was done with both Hearthstone and Overwatch.

So if D4 continues development (there are also rumors that it's gone through one internal reboot already), it could still be 2+ years before we hear about it. Given the typical dev times on their games from scratch to release.

udllpn

I need some help with the PS4 version of the game.

I have audio problems. The voice of the character is extremely loud compared with the voices of the NPCs, meaning that using the sound slides in the settings affects all voices. Have any of you experienced this with your PS4 version of the game?

I first though it had to do with my TV sound settings, but I have played dozens of games in my PS4 and I've never had any problem. Any suggestions?

Rhaknar

How is one supposed to deal with spamming mages if 5/6 will completely drain you? :/

Lain

Enjoying the Necro, though I just slapped a level 70 weapon with the lvl 1 gem on her, along the infernal ring and neck, so she destroys everything even on t2 (got to 55 before even reaching the Skeleton King). Watching my skeletons kill stuff while I can pinpoint spikes and curses on enemies is pretty cool still.

IceMarker

How is one supposed to deal with spamming mages if 5/6 will completely drain you? :/

1) Legendary Ring that summons 2 mages at a time and increases their duration
2) Options are limited elsewhere, either Burst of Wrath in the Kanai weapon slot, or wear Reaper's Wraps.

Top Bottom