• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Ryck

Im using toxin, pain enhancer and lightning but the build says to use trapped, swiftness and stone of vengeance.

Currently trying to get those 3 to rank 25 (the latter three recommended)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was playing...well, leeching of a friend earlier, and I forgot how much Diablo always depresses me when I play with people that outgear (or outspec?) me.

I know that one little thing will be a huge dps boost and allow you do to much higher things, but man, when he was walking around with his bonenado just melting shit in T12 and I literally could neither hurt anything and I got killed almost instantly, it felt bad man (I've been doing T6 rifts, I cant do 7 yet).

Like, I have the minion set 4p now, so I have the survivabilty bonus right, and I even have the other survivability bonus fromthat ring/neck set forget the name), and I still go splat like a fly. Like, its not like im going to level up more right, its all gear now. And dps wise I know that the weapon will be a big boost, the 6p bonus is always a ridiculous boost, but it still always feels weird man.

kennah

Lol at having to click through three ads for the Necro to play the game.

Also - what do you all DO with all the leftover season gear?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
was playing...well, leeching of a friend earlier, and I forgot how much Diablo always depresses me when I play with people that outgear (or outspec?) me.

I know that one little thing will be a huge dps boost and allow you do to much higher things, but man, when he was walking around with his bonenado just melting shit in T12 and I literally could neither hurt anything and I got killed almost instantly, it felt bad man (I've been doing T6 rifts, I cant do 7 yet).

Like, I have the minion set 4p now, so I have the survivabilty bonus right, and I even have the other survivability bonus fromthat ring/neck set forget the name), and I still go splat like a fly. Like, its not like im going to level up more right, its all gear now. And dps wise I know that the weapon will be a big boost, the 6p bonus is always a ridiculous boost, but it still always feels weird man.

Also getting the right gems and leveling those will make a massive difference. The Diablo grind is truly real at some points in the progression. At least the gems are pretty quick to level up if you just flip grifts over and over.

If there are no major changes I think I will do Crusader for season. I don't like the momentum defense builds and that blood set is a conceptual fail.

I also don't like having to shoehorn in that one curse to stay alive because of that belt.

EDIT - I did make a LoN corpse lance build that was okay. I also think Necro will kick globe barb out of the meta because of that one health globe passive.

Radec

Had to drop the cubed neck for the bone set and replace it with unity as currently im too squishy in GRs. Gonna try GR80 later.

Challenge Rifts reward is only once a week right? Even if you beat it twice?

Damm those discount on PC, yet the necromancer pack is more expensive than buying the game and the expansion combined lol

Here we go again.

Dont get me wrong, its a good excuse to buy the battlechest version and wait for a later discount on the necromancer

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also getting the right gems and leveling those will make a massive difference. The Diablo grind is truly real at some points in the progression. At least the gems are pretty quick to level up if you just flip grifts over and over.

finished Rath 6p and got the weapon set also, so now I can do T11 more or less fine (I mean I do it fine, just not very fast, I havent tried any greaters).

I think ill move on to another set now and see how they feel, instead of grinding my way through one set now and then get burned out before season.

Xanathus

Looked up the season 11 Haedric set for Necromancer and it's Bones of Rathma which kind of sucks for me because I'll probably get sick of playing the minions build in non-season.

Rhaknar

Looked up the season 11 Haedric set for Necromancer and it's Bones of Rathma which kind of sucks for me because I'll probably get sick of playing the minions build in non-season.

Then... don't. :3

Shouta

I hit GR73 with the Inarius set after getting a few important pieces thanks to Dreams Vision.

Since I don't have a Endless Walk set of accessories yet, I decided to go with an RROG in one slot (Krysbin's in the other), equipped an Aquila Cuirass, then put a Corpsewhisper Pauldrons in my cube. Elites go down ridiculously fast with Corpse Lance because of the stacking damage effect from the Corpsewhisper Pauldrons. With the Land of the Dead up, the GR73 Boss went down in a few seconds. It's pretty wild and I wasn't expecting it to die so quick.

Only problem is that survivability gets hairy in large packs of enemies but I think I can definitely push GR75+ if I play a bit smart with the packs.

Radec

I hit GR73 with the Inarius set after getting a few important pieces thanks to Dreams Vision.

Since I don't have a Endless Walk set of accessories yet, I decided to go with an RROG in one slot (Krysbin's in the other), equipped an Aquila Cuirass, then put a Corpsewhisper Pauldrons in my cube. Elites go down ridiculously fast with Corpse Lance because of the stacking damage effect from the Corpsewhisper Pauldrons. With the Land of the Dead up, the GR73 Boss went down in a few seconds. It's pretty wild and I wasn't expecting it to die so quick.

Only problem is that survivability gets hairy in large packs of enemies but I think I can definitely push GR75+ if I play a bit smart with the packs.

Try to upgrade rare item if you have the mats for the endless walk set.

Then use a unity, greatly helped me on my shit gear

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/theEnemy-1243/hero/90636557

Lain

The one thing I don't like about the Necromancer, is the derpy character portrait. The female Necro portrait doesn't like at all like the 3d model. I mean, in the portrait she almost looks chubby and with no neck. I understand giving a hobo kind of look but... it feels off.

Ayumi

It bugs me that we have two threads where people talk about the Necro. Since it's already released, why not lock it and move discussion? We could use more people here anyway. :3

IceMarker

The one thing I don't like about the Necromancer, is the derpy character portrait. The female Necro portrait doesn't like at all like the 3d model. I mean, in the portrait she almost looks chubby and with no neck. I understand giving a hobo kind of look but... it feels off.

I felt the same way, but I'm getting used to it, it could be much worse.

Rhaknar

this, and I also hate her voice. Might go male for season.

It bugs me that we have two threads where people talk about the Necro. Since it's already released, why not lock it and move discussion? We could use more people here anyway. :3

I almost posted "you guys know there is a OT right?" the other day in that thread but then...well I didnt.

I had an epiphany.

I like doing damage. I like killing things. I like Necromancer because I do seemingly unreasonable amounts of damage and kill things in great numbers.

But you know what? I don't really like the current meta play style at all. I don't like having to spam decripify or whatever it's called on the ground constantly. I don't like that it feels a bit unresponsive (it doesn't always cast when i press the button despite it not having a cooldown), and I don't like that there is a delay between teleporting and casting. It just feels clunky with this build. I also don't like how bone spears fit into the build. Just feels like a bunch of random active abilities put together and playing it feels chaotic. Unlike say, any of the DH, Wizard or Monk sets.

Is it just me, though?

And while I can probably walk through GR80-85 right now if I wanted to, I'm not entirely sure I want to try. I feel like I'd be enjoying end-game set gameplay if it were one of the other 3 sets instead of this one.

Xanathus

I had an epiphany.

I like doing damage. I like killing things. I like Necromancer because I do seemingly unreasonable amounts of damage and kill things in great numbers.

But you know what? I don't really like the current meta play style at all. I don't like having to spam decripify or whatever it's called on the ground constantly. I don't like that it feels a bit unresponsive (it doesn't always cast when i press the button despite it not having a cooldown), and I don't like that there is a delay between teleporting and casting. It just feels clunky with this build. I also don't like how bone spears fit into the build. Just feels like a bunch of random active abilities put together and playing it feels chaotic. Unlike say, any of the DH, Wizard or Monk sets.

Is it just me, though?

And while I can probably walk through GR80-85 right now if I wanted to, I'm not entirely sure I want to try. I feel like I'd be enjoying end-game set gameplay if it were one of the other 3 sets instead of this one.

Pet build was tested and found to be very lackluster at higher difficulties during PTR, and Blizzard just released it as it was without fixing any of the major reported issues with it. I've come to terms with it and feel like it's "fine" to have it as babby's starter set where players who don't want to bother with min-maxing can just play a pet build that's good up to GR 70, but players who want to actually do well and not get carpal tunnel syndrome can play the other sets (or rather singular set which is Inarius).

Pet build was tested and found to be very lackluster at higher difficulties during PTR, and Blizzard just released it as it was without fixing any of the major reported issues with it. I've come to terms with it and feel like it's "fine" to have it as babby's starter set where players who don't want to bother with min-maxing can just play a pet build that's good up to GR 70, but players who want to actually do well and not get carpal tunnel syndrome can play the other sets (or rather singular set which is Inarius).

Interestingly, I feel like the Inarius set is more likely to cause Carpal tunnel, as you have to constantly spam:

- The generator to keep your essence high and add more curses
- The bone rip because you have to keep those stacks up AND it's you're best AOE ability
- The teleport so that you can keep getting the 100% armor buff
- The bone lance because it is your biggest damage ability
- Decripify, because it's your damage multiplier and +30% damage reduction for all affected enemies.

That's 5 abilities that you have to micromanage all the time, in real time.

By comparison, Monk Rainment set really only needs you to keep an eye on your current spirit so that you know when it's safe to Q. Otherwise, you're basically just holding down left click. For Impale DH, you're just rolling around back and forth with your teleport and popping vengeance or whatever the fuck it's called. Wizard is even simpler, though more difficult to play due to fragility.

I enjoyed the skeleton army build when I was playing it, btw. It felt really chill actually, since you just had to command every once in awhile and summon the ghost wizards or archers or whatever that do the OP damage. And as a bonus, it actually feels like a Necromancer build (pets).

The fact that the best Necromancer build is one where he doesn't even use pets rubs me the wrong fuckin way.

bwahaha. time to take my impale DH to GR100 finally.

I had an epiphany.

Is it just me, though?

I actually like the flexibility of the bone armor set, it lets you combine pretty much anything with it, and although obviously some builds are gonna emerge that are optimal, I like that I didn't look anything up and could make a build that can easily solo T13+. Spamming the curse is a little tedious, I'll grant you, I feel like that can use some more QoL improvements. But I played condemn build on sader so I'm happy as long as I don't have to click every .2 seconds or hack in some auto-cast (seriously how is auto-cast not a feature yet)

I actually like the flexibility of the bone armor set, it lets you combine pretty much anything with it, and although obviously some builds are gonna emerge that are optimal, I like that I didn't look anything up and could make a build that can easily solo T13+. Spamming the curse is a little tedious, I'll grant you, I feel like that can use some more QoL improvements. But I played condemn build on sader so I'm happy as long as I don't have to click every .2 seconds or hack in some auto-cast (seriously how is auto-cast not a feature yet)

Word. Yea, I never bothered with Crusader, so I can understand if it's an upgrade in experience for you. Coming from Rainment Monk, Timewarp Wizard and Impale DH, everything about the current Necro high GR playstyle feels really random. Like a bunch of random pieces that don't really make a lot of sense in terms of rhythm or playstyle.

-> curse -> teleport in -> bone rip -> autos -> bone lance -> autos -> bone lance -> autos -> repeat.

Also, having to curse literally everything that can shoot something at you on screen becomes hella tedious when there are archers and ghosts all around you at varying distances. Just requires so much split focus but you have to do so to get that very necessary damage reduction.

Idunno. Like you said, maybe some other abilities will be found to fit in with it that will improve the flow of the set.

Dunfisch

Wasn't home for a couple of days and I thought I'd nab a Blizzard Gamecard to provide funds for the Necromancer. So I came home earlier and put the code in, it says it'll add it to my balance within 1-3 minutes.

Except that apparently meant to say 1-3 days. Wonderful. Given it's the weekend now, I can just imagine their, as they put it in their FAQs, audit department taking their sweet time with it.

But hey, lesson learned. I ain't gonna bother with those dumb cards again.

Jesus Christ. I have the most ridiculous combo of attributes on my Necro's equipment. First, my armor adds Thorn damage of 276% of my vitality. Then I have a weapon that applies 93% of my Thorn damage to EVERY ATTACK. I'm literally killing normal enemies in 1-2 hits with my bone spikes.

Is there a way to pull those attributes off of the equipment for when I need to upgrade to something better?

Baliis

Jesus Christ. I have the most ridiculous combo of attributes on my Necro's equipment. First, my armor adds Thorn damage of 276% of my vitality. Then I have a weapon that applies 93% of my Thorn damage to EVERY ATTACK. I'm literally killing normal enemies in 1-2 hits with my bone spikes.

Is there a way to pull those attributes off of the equipment for when I need to upgrade to something better?

Kanai's cube will let you extract the powers, but I don't think you can get the materials to do it until 70? I don't usually do bounties before 70, but you'd need 61+ at least for the deaths breaths anyways.

Kanai's cube will let you extract the powers, but I don't think you can get the materials to do it until 70? I don't usually do bounties before 70, but you'd need 61+ at least for the deaths breaths anyways.

Okay, thanks. I need to be running these attributes full time. It's full-on EZ mode. That doesn't even take into account the skeletons and the golem I'm running on top.

Rhaknar

Wasn't home for a couple of days and I thought I'd nab a Blizzard Gamecard to provide funds for the Necromancer. So I came home earlier and put the code in, it says it'll add it to my balance within 1-3 minutes.

Except that apparently meant to say 1-3 days. Wonderful. Given it's the weekend now, I can just imagine their, as they put it in their FAQs, audit department taking their sweet time with it.

Ive used those cards before and its usually instant :/

got up to grift 68 with a friend, that was fun, but im super glass cannon with rathma even with all the defensive shit i have (the decrep belt, the 4p bonus, passive for minions to heal me when they hit9

I might have to drop revive (which, granted, no "top tier" build uses) and go back to eating corpse for mana/health I guess. Just feels wrong to not have your army man :(

Necro is pretty fun so far for me. I haven't read anything so I'm kind of just discovering stuff as I go along but it reminds me a bit of WD + Monk which are my two favorite classes.

Hmmmmm .... I just finished Nier Automata ...

Should I jump back in?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Why would you pay with a Gamecard in the first place? What's the benefit vs. just paying with your credit card? Genuinely curious.

Anyway, we can play together tomorrow if you manage to get in.

Woorloog

Banned

Did you try logging out and back in? I have vague recollection that i had to do that on Blizzard app after some purchase or something else before changes went into effect.

Rhaknar

That bone armor set is super interesting because of the wording it makes it super flexible (even if im sure there are optimal builds as usual)

Ive used those cards before and its usually instant :/

got up to grift 68 with a friend, that was fun, but im super glass cannon with rathma even with all the defensive shit i have (the decrep belt, the 4p bonus, passive for minions to heal me when they hit9

I might have to drop revive (which, granted, no "top tier" build uses) and go back to eating corpse for mana/health I guess. Just feels wrong to not have your army man :(

Can you use the bracers that give damage reduction per stunned enemy on that build? That is, if you use the stun rune on decrepify.

Rhaknar

Can you use the bracers that give damage reduction per stunned enemy on that build? That is, if you use the stun rune on decrepify.

oooh good idea

but we should try with me eating corpses tho, corpses are delicious

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i got a nice necro blood belch build .
i just walk around and my blood nova procs like every 2 mili seconds i have no clue how but it does.with added green fart effect.
And everything melts before me

Blues1990

I would love if the Amazon class will return, either in Diablo III or a future installment.

The DIII incarnation of the Necromancer is a blast to play, and with how fun Cassia (the canonical representation of the Amazon class in Diablo II) is in Heroes of the Storm, I think it would be cool to see a new take for the Bowzon & Hybridazon, as those two in particular were fun builds to play as.

Rhaknar

seems grift 68 is my cap with Rathma, shit just dies too slowly now and / or I just go splat. Oh well.

I tried Inarius and...I dont get it. I keep dying when I walk around and my dmg was shit compared to Rath. Havent tried the other sets yet.

Top Bottom