• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 - GamePlay video- Part 1 & 2

Looks like much of the B-roll given to the media for the last round of coverage. Nice to see it in decent quality and without commentary.

Edit: Someone had already released the B-roll in one video anyway, just not at 1080 60.

Looks dreadfully boring, just like the demo. I don't trust Capcom to have the sound and artistic design skills to make this type of game work. And even if they can it won't have any replay value like prior REs.

I'll still buy it because I'm a sucker, but man am I disappointed in the direction they're taking the franchise in.

The monster design also looks similar to the oozes from REvelaitions, which is bad, as that game had the worst monsters in the series by far.

Looks dreadfully boring. I don't trust Capcom to have the sound and artistic design skills to make this type of game work. And even if they can it won't have any replay value like prior REs.

I'll still buy it because I'm a sucker, but man am I disappointed in the direction they're taking the franchise in.

The monster design also looks similar to the oozes from REvelaitions, which is bad, as that game had the worst monsters in the series by far.

The sound and designs have been good so far, so I'm not sure why there's a crisis in faith here. We also don't know the design of the game past the first handful of hours at the Dulvey Plantation. There's no way to judge yet on how replays will work, but there seems to be opportunities there.

The Moulded are really good, having personally dealt with them. Great creepy factor, sound, animation, and just all around well-suited for the game. Probably in my Top 5 in normal enemies (Crimson Head, Dr. Salavador/Chainsaw Sisters, Regenerator/Iron Maiden, Moulded, Licker).

jond76

Banned
Ugh. At least give us the ability to block (even if it is just as ineffective). Dudes a chump just standing there getting hit. They need to allow you to be proactive, even if it amounts to nothing.

ianpm31

I can't wait for this game. Huge fan of old school horror games and this looks like a blend of re1, re3, and clock tower all in one.

Ugh. At least give us the ability to block (even if it is just as ineffective). Dudes a chump just standing there getting hit. They need to allow you to be proactive, even if it amounts to nothing.

There is a block that you need to time correctly, just as crouching can be used as a 'dodge' in the same manner. I'm not sure what all can block, but you can so far with your arms and axe (maybe the utility knife?).

Not seeing it, sorry. Looks more like modern horror games to me.

And what is a modern horror game? It's not an Outlast/Amnesia clone, and offers more freedom in tackling situations (fight, run, hide) then Alien Isolation. The Bakers in the first few hours are all that we know are enemies that we can't outright kill permanently. All the previews, footage, and Midnight Version of Beginning Hour have made it clear that it will be a classic RE game in first person in most aspects.

Skab

Loved the demo, can't wait! But some people just don't have the patience for slow games it seems.

You can block. Could do so in the latest demo. Theyre just not in these videos for whatever reason.

It's sorely lacking the ability to quick turn. I missed having that in the demo

You can quick turn in the demo. Back + O.

Not seeing it, sorry. Looks more like modern horror games to me.

The game feels very much like the older REs just in first person. And first person it all it has in common with anything modern. The P.T. comparisons are painfully ignorant.

tootie923

Wasn't there a block move in the latest demo update? I remember being able to press L1 to put your hands up while holding the axe.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
RE is back. My God, I cannot wait for this. The grand return of my favorite franchise in gaming. Just the demo was the best slice of RE since 4.

Skab

I haven't played the demo since E3. How different is the updated version?

Has combat. Full controls seem to be in (blocking and quick turn are in.) Vr mode if that's your thing.

You should really go try it if youre at all interested in the game.

Looks incredible. Resident Evil is back. slow, plotting and edge of your seat.

I can't wait, I absolutely loved the Demo in VR.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Download it ASAP. It's crazy deep for a demo.
You can even find something to carry over into the main game. But it's SUPER well hidden. You need to replay the whole thing in a crazy specific way but it's super worth it

Man this game is really dividing people huh? Oh well. I'm super excited for it even though every instinct in my body is telling me to stay away from horror haha.

Man this game is really dividing people huh? Oh well. I'm super excited for it even though every instinct in my body is telling me to stay away from horror haha.

Resident Evil divides people. My cousin is in love with 5 and 6 that is Resident Evil to him.

its not to me.

wait. what ?_?
right... Walk around/ trail & error n get OHK!?
it's just like the demo
Make sure the phone rings twice
dont get the dummy finger yet
or OHK!

This has nothing to do with RE!
And the main enemies are some hill billie family in the woods?

Edit:image to big Wront turn movie poster^

A couple of new areas opened up. Can get a hand gun. There's also something to fight or avoid.

Has combat. Full controls seem to be in (blocking and quick turn are in.) Vr mode if that's your thing.

You should really go try it if youre at all interested in the game.

Download it ASAP. It's crazy deep for a demo.
You can even find something to carry over into the main game. But it's SUPER well hidden. You need to replay the whole thing in a crazy specific way but it's super worth it

Thanks! Sounds like I need to play through it again.

sphinx

the piano man
someone help me out here..

why does every single "gameplay" video looks like it s a first person CGI video.

look a part 2, it feels like the character/camera is moving by itself, I don't see an interface or a hub or any indication that there's a person using a controller to guide the character.

and that's in almost every video.

what's going on?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

why does every single "gameplay" video looks like it s a first person CGI video.

look a part 2, it feels like the character/camera is moving by itself, I don't see an interface or a hub or any indication that there's a person using a controller to guide the character.

what's going on?

Well...the demo looks exactly like that. It makes sense when you are in control.

what's going on?

have you played the demo? its first person and plays like P.T.

when you walk up to a door it says Press X and an animation opens it. etc.

its awesome.

Spoiler tagged for those who haven't played it (especially XBO and PC folks):

There's a classic valve 'puzzle' to get an item

Pistol can be obtained

There's a Moulded in the basement that you can fight and kill, though you can only survive a handful of hits and it's a brutal enemy with your current inventory.

While not expected to have a similar feature in the main game, there is an obscure PT-esque puzzle involving the dummy finger.

Skab

what's going on?

Theyre purposely moving slowly through the areas they want to show us, with the hud turned off. You can do this in the demo if you wanted.

These sorts of gameplay vids/demos are purposely choreographed by the person playing so they can show some specific element(s) off.

Kuraudo

Banned
Don't want to watch beyond the first video as I want to go in reasonably blind to this, but it looks great. Can't believe how close it is now.

sphinx

the piano man
have you played the demo? its first person and plays like P.T.

when you walk up to a door it says Press X and an animation opens it. etc.

its awesome.

Well...the demo looks exactly like that. It makes sense when you are in control.

Theyre purposely moving slowly through the areas they want to show us, with the hud turned off. You can do this in the demo if you wanted.

These sorts of gameplay vids/demos are purposely choreographed by the person playing so they can show some specific element(s) off.

No, no demo for me.

I have to say, it puts me off, it looks like a very sluggish, slow first-person walking simulator with cheap a jump scare awaiting any time.

still no idea how I feel about this game.

FLAguy954

Goddamn that looked boring :(. This is not what I want from the series at all.

Most likely going to get this when it's heavily discounted.

Top Bottom