• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

The problem with hacking in the PC version is that, if you turn up AA, the movement of the arrow is slower.

That one sidequest minigame is unbeatable untill you turn AA down...
Wat.
Though you shouldn't use AA anyway as it breaks some of the LoD and is pretty expensive. AO comes with not too shabby post processing AA anyway.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Outlast -- MB-B3D9A21E83AD6551 - Taken by Purkake4

zkylon

zkylewd
at $30 i feel kind of interested at prey

i should probably play the demo i installed like 7 years ago

i feel like this game should pay for itself and disho2 so idk, i might wait it bombs harder lol

feel bad for chris avellone but i have to get money for my toys somewhere

outlast only gives me a direct download link or a torrent instead of a key. is the key in the zip or is it because the game has regional restrictions?

Mivey

The 25th Ward: The Silver Case just got a Steam page (thanks lashman!)

Why does Steam think that Dishonored, H1Z1, Hellblade, Shadow of Mordor and Postal 2, are "more like this"? I guess I should expect it to be an immersive sim, with multiplayer, while at the same time being a story focused single player game, with an open world that generates custom enemies, and a shitty FPS on top.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why does Steam think that Dishonored, H1Z1, Hellblade, Shadow of Mordor and Postal 2, are "more like this"? I guess I should expect it to be an immersive sim, with multiplayer, while at the same time being a story focused single player game, with an open world that generates custom enemies, and a shitty FPS on top.

Because it's a "violent" "adventure" game. At the very least, Steam should wait until there's more tag data to chew through before determining similarity.

Because it's a "violent" "adventure" game. At the very least, Steam should wait until there's more tag data to chew through before determining similarity.

Not to mention actually making sure tags are appropriate. Valve is so weird about it: they removed some of the early tags that were more subjective, like "Underrated" and "Not a Game," so they didn't trust users enough to have those tags, but they DO trust users enough to automatically take their word for it when they label a children's game "Nudity" or "Psychological Horror."

The Evil Within 2 is looking good, God pray it performs better than the first game. I hope its using id Tech 6 but I can't find any confirmation of what engine it's using.

Grief.exe

It probably just doesn't know what it is since there's not enough data from purchasers, reviewers, and genre tags.

Kifimbo

Good evening:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

POLYWAR -- MB-88119C6CCA39A567 - Taken by septicore
Zombie Kill of the Week Reborn -- MB-06DFF8A6F9BB4A4A - Taken by Orakio Rob

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Forgotten, Not Lost A Kinetic Novel -- MB-4A33EDF4D08361B5 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
It Comes Around A Kinetic Novel -- MB-6BC57ED17E2C10A2 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

zkylon

zkylewd
is there a way to tell steam not to use its garbage default controls configuration

i boot up the prey demo and i move with the right stick and aim with the left stick

i'm jumping by pressing down on the dpad

is this a joke or something

edit: oh i get it, this game thinks i'm in the mirror world so it mirrored all the buttons. and this is the actual default control scheme arkane made, so i have to bind everything myself

what the actual fuck

zkylon

zkylewd
You're using the Southpaw config for lefties. Switch to the normal one they made.

how

this is the first game i play that forces me to use steam's configuration big picture whatever

normally games just work

i've been stuck here 10 minutes

grrr

this is all i see

aDAAE9l.png

(wonderful immersive steam experience of switching to a tiny window to bind your controller keys...)

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah just found it

what the fuck is this shit, why did it default to bizarro world and hasn't valve ever heard of a simple "press square to import" prompt

i hate this game already, tried to throw a chair out the window and it made a glass breaking sound but window didn't break

Mr. Tibbs

Consortium: The Tower -- Steam Early Access Trailer

Out now on Steam Early Access:

Why Early Access?
”Early access gives you the chance to support the development of Consortium: The Tower. You will get access to roughly the first third of the game, representing enough content for 6-7 hours of gameplay, and will receive the full game upon release. What you see so far has been built over the course of the last year, and with a core team of only five highly dedicated people, each wearing a multitude of hats.

The Tower supports a wide variety of play styles. It is extremely non-linear and largely driven by gamer exploration and gameplay choices. This means there is a very large variety of custom paths through all of the content, and an unprecedented amount of replayability. You will encounter bugs and unfinished bits, and with your help over the course of our time on Early Access all bugs will be squashed, performance will be improved and new content will be made available.

In addition - the remainder of the game's narrative is highly scalable, so too are some of the simulation features. We have a core story we want to tell, and a host of characters to tell it with, but many of the details can and will be tweaked based on player feedback and support. This process has already been tested via our Fig backer community, and we're very excited to open things up to a wider audience less familiar with our gameworld."
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
”8-15 months, depending on many factors, upon which the entire story will be released and the game will be brought out of Early Access."
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
”Choreography (lip syncing, facial animations and gestures) will be put in over the course of our time on Early Access, as scenes become finalized. Character animations and models are due to be vastly improved. The game's GUI will be given a major visual upgrade.

The biggest difference of course will be all of the content for the completion of the full interactive narrative, and a great deal of polish and improvement of existing content and features.

There are a variety of ways we would love to be able expand upon the game if successful on Steam:

-We have plans laid down for opening up the game to modders using Steam Workshop.
-The Tower is populated by a number of squads, each with a unique perspective in the gameworld and each from different cultures and backgrounds. We would love to further enrich our narrative with additional squads beyond what our budget allows.
-Full body awareness and improved simulation of YOU in the gameworld.
-More interactive conversations, more cast members.
-Realizing even more of the The Tower. The amount of space we have to work with in the Churchill Tower is immense. Right now we are building out the minimum required for our core story to work, but would love to greatly expand upon realizing the interior of The Tower."
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
”All core gameplay mechanics are all in and fully working as intended. There are 2500 lines of final voice over dialog in the game at present, but there are also some temporary ”robot" voices still to be heard. See the game description below to see a complete list of all of the current features and content.

The main thing missing is choreography - this means facial/body, lip syncing, and conversation animations are still completely missing. This was a calculated decision on our part because once time and money are spent on choreo, those lines are done! Saving a choreo pass until later allows us to instead fully playtest the scenes, ensure they work as intended and make changes as necessary.

The included story content is designed to be a full introduction to the interactive narrative, and we have been careful to ensure the experience you can have now is hopefully fulfilling in and of itself. If you are given a mission, you are able to complete it.

Replay value is also unusually high for a game of this type."
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
”Yes.

The current price will be raised over the course of the project as additional content and features are brought online."
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
”We are extremely keen to involve the community and plan to prioritize any new content and features based directly on player feedback.

With each update, estimated to be once every two weeks, we will openly give credit for any features, fixes or changes that result from community feedback to us."

zkylon

zkylewd
sdOk97G.png

(i always get this wrong)

ok after the incident i did play through a fair chunk of the prey demo and uh, i dunno

i think the goo spiders are pretty fun enemies, i found myself randomly smacking at toilets and chairs and thinking that garbage bin is now in a different spot IT SURELY MUST BE A GOO SPIDER. that's pretty fun, it's not really spooky because these goo spiders look REAL SILLY, but that's a really cool enemy, i really like that. i also like that there's a big skill tree like in system shock and other dumb stuff like main character legs (u get to see ur legs in this game which i always appreciate) moving along to the music and i like that turrets are your allies (at least at the start) and i like that you can pick up all sorts of garbage even if you can't put them back down properly like in tacoma

what i don't like much is the tone of the game, specially the tutorial bit felt like it was trying for comedy but it was soooooooo long and tedious, i'm really tired of these long pointless introductions. i don't need context for learning how to jump or crouch, i mean, the game didn't even really mind a big popup with instructions for sprinting, how difficult it is to add some typical invisible tutorializing without making replaying this a complete waste of time. i mean, the biggest thing in the way of learning the controls of this game is steam autoselecting bizarro world controls. i was gonna say system shock 2 was just pick a class and go but i looked for a let's play to check and holy shit that game has the worst tutorial ever

in any case, i didn't really care for that, or for that intro credits sequence, and i'm just personally really tired of this genre's tropes of audiologs, reading through notes, hacking minigames, scavenging and such. i enjoyed it a bit in deus ex prague (whatever its name is) but i really like the deus ex universe and prey's doesn't feel that interesting. they do make good on that unbreakable glass that frustrated me so much, so good on them, but i didn't feel super hooked

it also didn't run great, it autoset to low but i thought it looked bad so i bumped it to medium and the mere sight of that phantom goo guy cost me like 25 fps. my computer is getting old, i guess, but i don't want arkane to be a two for two in fucking me over with bad performances

it's cool that they did a demo, and it's a pretty good one at that, i spent like an hour and a half with it and got a pretty good idea of what the game's gonna be like. didn't expect to run into a door with a sign that said BUY THE FULL GAME tho lol

spares
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Abyss: The wraiths of eden -- MB-FE589E4FF87B4EB5 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Demon hunter 2: the new chapter -- MB-B0CA4D17E01E62D5 - Taken by texhnolyze
Eventide: Slavic fable -- MB-E94C072C24BD4FFC - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition -- MB-B73F3777803579CE - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 2 entrants total.

t1506064848z1.png

jholmes

I took a Walking Dead Ep. 1 key from Humble Bundle thinking it was DRM free, which was stupid, and I already have it on Steam so I'm giving it away. If you take it, make sure to redeem it ASAP because it expires Saturday.

The rest is bundle crap, I'm pretty sure none of it has been redeemed, but if any of these don't work please send me your angry grumbles and I will apologize and strive to be less of a doofus in the future.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jholmes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-0B544975E4C8FAB7 - Taken by Sarcasm
t1cxE6r.gif
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes -- MB-10B0F6D9A50C43C9 - Taken by Delgear
Particulars -- MB-7438388E5FBB7FF8 - Taken by Eila
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1 -- MB-EB888D52BB8F981A - Taken by Baron_Calamity
The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-619B02CB60F496DF - Taken by redlacs

dex3108

sdOk97G.png

(i always get this wrong)

ok after the incident i did play through a fair chunk of the prey demo and uh, i dunno

i think the goo spiders are pretty fun enemies, i found myself randomly smacking at toilets and chairs and thinking that garbage bin is now in a different spot IT SURELY MUST BE A GOO SPIDER. that's pretty fun, it's not really spooky because these goo spiders look REAL SILLY, but that's a really cool enemy, i really like that. i also like that there's a big skill tree like in system shock and other dumb stuff like main character legs (u get to see ur legs in this game which i always appreciate) moving along to the music and i like that turrets are your allies (at least at the start) and i like that you can pick up all sorts of garbage even if you can't put them back down properly like in tacoma

what i don't like much is the tone of the game, specially the tutorial bit felt like it was trying for comedy but it was soooooooo long and tedious, i'm really tired of these long pointless introductions. i don't need context for learning how to jump or crouch, i mean, the game didn't even really mind a big popup with instructions for sprinting, how difficult it is to add some typical invisible tutorializing without making replaying this a complete waste of time. i mean, the biggest thing in the way of learning the controls of this game is steam autoselecting bizarro world controls. i was gonna say system shock 2 was just pick a class and go but i looked for a let's play to check and holy shit that game has the worst tutorial ever

in any case, i didn't really care for that, or for that intro credits sequence, and i'm just personally really tired of this genre's tropes of audiologs, reading through notes, hacking minigames, scavenging and such. i enjoyed it a bit in deus ex prague (whatever its name is) but i really like the deus ex universe and prey's doesn't feel that interesting. they do make good on that unbreakable glass that frustrated me so much, so good on them, but i didn't feel super hooked

it also didn't run great, it autoset to low but i thought it looked bad so i bumped it to medium and the mere sight of that phantom goo guy cost me like 25 fps. my computer is getting old, i guess, but i don't want arkane to be a two for two in fucking me over with bad performances

it's cool that they did a demo, and it's a pretty good one at that, i spent like an hour and a half with it and got a pretty good idea of what the game's gonna be like. didn't expect to run into a door with a sign that said BUY THE FULL GAME tho lol

Prey story are audio logs and emails. It pushes you to explore and read about the crew and events on Talos. There are some great stories about crew and their life on station and relationships. They even tied treasure hunt to one interesting thing :D Also that way of world building is not something new for Arkane.

A whole lot of those sexually explicit games like The Suffering of Larina were kicked off steam overnight.

Seems like they kicked off all the games from the RyuVSCloud Dev regardless of how sexual they were. Viktaram and Infiltration don't seem to be particularly sexual. Most of the games don't look that good, but the screenshots for Infiltration don't look that bad, wish I'd gotten a chance to buy that one.

I finished Dishonored 2, game was dope. I'll have to get the expansion and play NG+ and as Corvo some time.

I almost bought that Mario Xcom game, but canceled my order because I have yet to finish Xcom 2... May as well save some money and clear that backlog.

It's Max Caulfield's birthday today! So have a hella cute picture.

Just missed sharing a birthday with Max by 1 day. :(

Happy birthday.

Thanks! :D

pwCetjN.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wolfenstein: The New Order -- MB-B726EF49E863343F - Taken by alr1ght. 37 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood -- MB-B4C449B4E9DF8E8C - Taken by illusionary. 39 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-B005FEB4DE4E7EB8 - Taken by chadskin. 1 entrants total.
ABZU -- MB-4AF691544498A142 - Taken by MaxiLive. 23 entrants total.
Aquaria -- MB-E3AE72D8AB95DFA4 - Taken by KenOD. 3 entrants total.
Brigador -- MB-48F7AE3A817557CF - Taken by The Dear Leader. 18 entrants total.
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-95CDFFF04F50DD7D - Taken by Madventure. 7 entrants total.
Darkest Dungeon -- MB-C4D32ECCA77EB9FA - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 42 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided -- MB-567976E329BC4450 - Taken by kionedrik. 42 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-67AAA952869B07E2 - Taken by Orakio Rob. 4 entrants total.
Goat Simulator: GOATY -- MB-CCB97793DDDBCEBD - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Grim Dawn -- MB-C607C584F6DE3C9F - Taken by KainXVIII. 21 entrants total.
Headlander -- MB-8FECA7FE8435D028 - Taken by Cels. 17 entrants total.
Kentucky Route Zero -- MB-0A15170406408914 - Taken by MissChief. 17 entrants total.
Life is Strange -- MB-8867957CB65452BF - Taken by Sarcasm. 12 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-17DC908D5871D40A
Party Hard -- MB-67A508B23B01FC01 - Taken by Shalashaska. 4 entrants total.
Root Double Before Crime * After Days -- MB-3BBAC5ABE01EE49C
SpeedRunners -- MB-642105B20FC84EC4 - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 1 entrants total.
Steamworld Heist -- MB-46327FBDB0C5F61D - Taken by oni-link. 2 entrants total.
Submerged -- MB-EB342D41C0184327 - Taken by NingenJanai
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings -- MB-0903A53FA5B4C777 - Taken by laserlaser. 4 entrants total.
The Deadly Tower of Monsters -- MB-AC3D40DE7724A699 - Taken by Vlad. 3 entrants total.
They Bleed Pixels -- MB-BFDF2FD3C3082817
UnderRail -- MB-C86B78AE32561DF3 - Taken by Demon Lizardman. 11 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-8B4D8597E4471D94 - Taken by Mike Bison
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01 -- MB-301D444F09D42BCC - Taken by Accoun. 7 entrants total.
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.02 -- MB-5B6B8C64197BE98B - Taken by thesaucetastic. 5 entrants total.
Westerado: Double Barreled -- MB-810A75934FA452B3 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 1 entrants total.
Ziggurat -- MB-B2C152496115C285 - Taken by kevin1025. 4 entrants total.
fault milestone one -- MB-921E0616B3BEE409 - Taken by dot. 3 entrants total.
fault milestone two side:above -- MB-4271B7F169A7E109 - Taken by Ludens. 8 entrants total.

t1506145341z1.png
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game -- MB-54D47882857DA055 - Taken by FLD. 40 entrants total.

t1506145157z1.png

I feel like I should make it clear that the Mystery Game is DEFINITELY NOT SOMETHING TAKEN FROM THE RECENT SAKURA HUMBLE BUNDLE. So if you'd be concerned about that don't worry and you should definitely enter.

Monooboe

pwCetjN.png

I feel like I should make it clear that the Mystery Game is DEFINITELY NOT SOMETHING TAKEN FROM THE RECENT SAKURA HUMBLE BUNDLE. So if you'd be concerned about that don't worry and you should definitely enter.

Happy birthday! Also awesome giveaway! Both Wolfenstein games alone is super. I can't resist that mystery giveaway.:D

pwCetjN.png

Happy birthday~!

Thanks for the giveaway.

Tizoc

at $30 i feel kind of interested at prey

i should probably play the demo i installed like 7 years ago

i feel like this game should pay for itself and disho2 so idk, i might wait it bombs harder lol

feel bad for chris avellone but i have to get money for my toys somewhere
Prey is usd 20 over at cdkeys last i checked

derFeef

I find most of Prey's audiologs and E-Mails far more interesting than audiologs in other games so far. They are just so much better written that the world they build just works and makes one curious what the hell is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom