• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

Caught another Larvitar today! That makes 3 so far, with a 4th seen, but not found (during hike, so I lost signal). Also caught another Dratini and plenty of Rhyhorns. Got over 200 candies (that's with a fully leveled up Rhydon too)

ZeroCDR

Two Larvitar spawned in my house over the weekend. They were both the same stats too, 84% and same CP. Pretty happy with that, but the candy grind is going to be nuts. Walking what I can now lol

Just swimming in Rhyhorn and Geodude candy, love these events. I'll have a few maxed Rhydon's for gyms and hopefully enough candy for Rhyperior when all is said and done.

Growlie19

Went on an item re-stocking walk, and am now up to 150 Poké Balls, 50 Greats, and 11 Ultras. I also hatched four 10K's and got mostly crap: two Sudowoodo, a Pineco, and a Mareep, thankfully. Up to 23 Larvitar candies, and 24 Mareep candies, along with the gold Electric medal, thanks to the Mareep and a wild Pikachu.

Mknzy

Evolved my first Omastar/Kabutops. 7 candy away from my Steelix. Saw an aerodactyl today, but couldn't get to it fast enough to catch it 8^(. Still haven't seen a single Larvatar the whole event though hopefully that changes.

gutshot

Just had the weirdest thing happen. I saw a Miltank on my Nearby, told my boss and we both went to go catch it. It was a new Dex entry for both of us, so we hustled over before it despawned. When we got there, the Miltank spawned for me but not for her. She tried restarting her app a couple times, walking around the area, etc. but it would not show up. And it's not like the spawn timer just happened to run out right after I encountered it but before it spawned for her. While she was trying to get it to spawn, I logged in to both of my kids' accounts and it popped up on the map immediately for both of them. But no matter what she did, it just would not show up for her. I had never seen that happen before. Anyone else?

zulux21

Just had the weirdest thing happen. I saw a Miltank on my Nearby, told my boss and we both went to go catch it. It was a new Dex entry for both of us, so we hustled over before it despawned. When we got there, the Miltank spawned for me but not for her. She tried restarting her app a couple times, walking around the area, etc. but it would not show up. And it's not like the spawn timer just happened to run out right after I encountered it but before it spawned for her. While she was trying to get it to spawn, I logged in to both of my kids' accounts and it popped up on the map immediately for both of them. But no matter what she did, it just would not show up for her. I had never seen that happen before. Anyone else?

it happens to my wife from time to time.
if she continues to reset the app it won't show up but if she waits a minute or two it eventually will.

Come home from a bar, need to take a piss >9000; battery at 3%. See Aerodactyl 100m away. Run home; take a piss; get power bank; go out; catch it; 1900CP; feels good
Get back home; put on pyjamas; go to bed; there's a larvitar 50m away; FUUUUCK; get dressed again; go out; catch it with barry; 7 candy; feels good

I love this game.

robochimp

I'm noticing a strange amount of evolved Pokémon roaming around. There were a bunch of kabutops at work.

A spawn point by my house spawned a jolteon followed by an ursaring 20 minutes later.

And now there is an Alakazam on my radar.

Doomsayer

I still haven't seen any good rock spawns. Larvitar, where the fuck you at?

I did catch a 2000cp Charizard at work, which was cool. Also after bitching about not hatching any Dratini I hatched one this morning.

border

Is anyone else considering deleting Evolution Items? I'm pretty strapped for bag space, and at this point I have like 25-30 Evolution Items clogging up my inventory. I really don't want to delete them because they're obviously rare and maybe they will have some good use later on down the line. But at the same time, I don't really see myself needing more Slowkings, Bellawesomes, Kingdras, etc.

Joni

Is anyone else considering deleting Evolution Items? I'm pretty strapped for bag space, and at this point I have like 25-30 Evolution Items clogging up my inventory. I really don't want to delete them because they're obviously rare and maybe they will have some good use later on down the line. But at the same time, I don't really see myself needing more Slowkings, Bellawesomes, Kingdras, etc.

Oh yes. Once I got all the ones I needed, I started deleting.

border

Oh yes. Once I got all the ones I needed, I started deleting.

It just seems dumb to delete rare items just so I can carry more common items like potions. But I'm trying to save up a bunch of potions for a big strike on some Instinct neighborhoods.

At the same time, I doubt Pokemon like Politoed or Porygon 2.0 are ever going to be a compelling part of the meta. I may keep the Dragon Scales and dump the rest.

CassSept

It just seems dumb to delete rare items just so I can carry more common items like potions. But I'm trying to save up a bunch of potions for a big strike on some Instinct neighborhoods.

At the same time, I doubt Pokemon like Politoed or Porygon 2.0 are ever going to be a compelling part of the meta. I may keep the Dragon Scales and dump the rest.

Porygon 2 will get another evo in Sinnoh though.

gutshot

it happens to my wife from time to time.
if she continues to reset the app it won't show up but if she waits a minute or two it eventually will.

We figured it out. She had caught it on the way in to work with her PoGo Plus and didn't even realize it! Lucky for her, it didn't run away.

Chuckie

Caught an Aerodactyl! It was a useless 33 cp weakling, but the only one I didn't have of Gen 1 (besides the regionals and Legendary of course)

So happy.

HiResDes

Just hatched for Mantine or whatever in a row from 10K bringing my candy total for them to over 250, pls tell me that at least its evolution has good stats whenever that comes out....

border

Well, two mons evolve with it in Gen V and one in Gen VI, so these will still be useful one day in the '20s or so.

There's really no evidence that Niantic will allow you to use the same evolution items for future evolutions though. I mean, it would be nice, but the fact is that these items exist specifically because they don't want people immediately getting all the new evolutions the first day an update drops. Chances are that future evolutions will be similarly timegated.

WPS

There's really no evidence that Niantic will allow you to use the same evolution items for future evolutions though. I mean, it would be nice, but the fact is that these items exist specifically because they don't want people immediately getting all the new evolutions the first day an update drops. Chances are that future evolutions will be similarly timegated.

Eh, the gen 2 happiness evolutions were available right off the bat. Plus they'll be like Sunkern rather than cross-gen evos, so you'll still need the candy from the new base form.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Went from never having seen an Onyx to evolving a Steelix yesterday, maxed my good Rhydon while stocking up on more than 100 Rhyhorn candies, got the gold medal for rock types. Only saw and caught 3 Larvitars so far but this event was pretty, pretty good.

EDIT : forgot about the Kabutops I was able to evolve

wourxsY.png
klBl1k3.png

thanks to increased larvitar spawns and walking one as my buddy...a lot...I finally got 2 maxed to level tyranitars. I've also spent so much stardust on it, on top of maxing out a 2701 now Machamp....after about 9 evolutions I finally got a counter/dynamic punch machamp so you better believe I dumped everything into him. it's so satisfying now going from "damn I hope I can beat this blissey before I time out" to "damn my machamp can beat this thing with 40 seconds left no problem".

GulAtiCa

You may have 7 Dragonites, but do you have 14 Gyarados? I think not!

But seriously, that's a rather nice collection of top pokemon there. I'm really impressed at the 2 Blisseys fully leveled up.

I'm almost at the stage of having my 6th Dragonite, nearly have enough candy + my other Dragonites (minus 1) are already fully leveled up at my level. The 3 Larivtars I caught helped me get my Tyranitar almost to the very top. Walking my Chansey is almost complete, nearly at my level. Got so much Rhyhorn candies (nearly 300), that I'll have another fully leveled up Rhydon to evolve soon. Hell, after this event is over I'll have nearly 100 Rhyhorns to transfer during the next double candy event.

Man, I don't live really anywhere near a water biome so I don't see that many magikarp. I only got 2 gyrados, my top one being a 100%. I live in a higher elevation/ hill area so I see plenty of larvitar, chansey, clefairy, snorlax and such because when I go out for the sole purpose of playing Pokémon go around the city you actually can find some really neat stuff, you just gotta have your battery pack going and be willing to walk about 10k at a time.

most of my dragonites were caught as dragonites, though my best one at 98% iv (egg hatch dratini) is sitting at 3k with a dragon tail/hurricane moveset thst I'm hoping to continue to power up with good 10k egg hatches. right now I got 5 10k eggs waiting on 8 to do a mass hatch.

HardRojo

I've seen the absolutely amazing amount of ZERO Larvitar during the whole event lol, it didn't help that PTC was down during the time Larvitar spawns had been increased.

Redownloaded this just so I could get Onix candies for a Steelix. Found like 3 total since lol. Tons of Geodude, and Rhyhorn though. Doubt I will see enough Onix to complete my goal but also reminded me how much this game needs some qol improvements like battery drain and what not.

Oh well, was fun while it lasted but might delete this again Friday night. Though I did find my first Aerodactyl which was cool.

border

I only have 4 mons over 3000cp.

#noob

I've been playing since launch and only have 2 Dragonites over 3000 CP.

There's really no reason to go that high though, unless you are looking to get a top slot on really competitive, established towers. In my experience, you really just need your attackers around 2300-2500 CP, and your defenders at 2500-2750 CP. Type advantage is such a huge edge that CP isn't all that important, once you are in the endgame. A 3200 Tyranitar will get curb-stomped by a Vaporeon regardless of whether it is 2200 or 2800. My 2100 Jynx absolutely wrecks Dragonites that are above 3000.

HiResDes

I've been playing since launch and only have 2 Dragonites over 3000 CP.

There's really no reason to go that high though, unless you are looking to get a top slot on really competitive, established towers. In my experience, you really just need your attackers around 2300-2500 CP, and your defenders at 2500-2750 CP. Type advantage is such a huge edge that CP isn't all that important, once you are in the endgame. A 3200 Tyranitar will get curb-stomped by a Vaporeon regardless of whether it is 2200 or 2800. My 2100 Jynx absolutely wrecks Dragonites that are above 3000.
I don't think type advantage is big enough really and most of my attackers are around 2000 even makes it easier to prestige.

Top Bottom