• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Kinsei

Banned
I just finished it and I must say, I really enjoyed the first episode. While the dialogue got cringe worthy in places overall I like both Max (Even if she does like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within) and Chloe. Oh, and the soundtrack is fantastic. I also really like that they tell you what sections the secret photos are in so hunting for any that you missed (I missed #7) isn't frustrating.

Here's a couple links to all of my decisions in the episode (Spoilers, duh)
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/707398498551963644/108B89D12B51F50D67B6224E85805BB57D0E5A5E/
http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/707398498551964058/F31CD83F8856A6FFDE6FFA2913AFAA5F6937949A/

Choomp

Banned
Great OP. This game isn't showing up on my PS Store so I haven't downloaded it yet, but I've been looking forward to this game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Game is too beautiful. Had to make a gallery. (Spoilers Warning)

The story and characters are likable despite wanting to have a bit more interactions with others but it is a nice opening to the episodes and if it keeps going in the right direction it might be way more than I expected.

Grisby

Positive impressions sound great. I think I will dive into this tonight.

Got the season pass to show support for DONTNod.

Flandy

Sounds like I might need to replay episode 1. Totally missed out on the FF reference and a lot of other stuff.

You could create a UK PSN account and download the demo from there.

There's no demo on PC sadly.

There is no demo on Steam...

I wasn't aware :(

I sat their for like 10 minutes and was just staring into the screen and thinking....
"Life is Strange isn't it..."

You know Haxxona we really are The Last of Us.

ryseing

Impressions got me jealous of y'all. Really want to play this.

Fix your screw up Sony. I want to play my indie movie game tonight.

Haxxona

Banned
Game is too beautiful. Had to make a gallery. (Spoilers Warning)

The story and characters are likable despite wanting to have a bit more interactions with others but it is a nice opening to the episodes and if it keeps going in the right direction it might be way more than I expected.
Beat me by 20 shots:p
Made one of my own to apply as backgrounds on my laptop

You know Haxxona we really are The Last of Us.
Cheers mate because that one actually worked pretty good :p

I didn't think so many would chose to be hidden, I was kinda surprised by that(I intervened of course)

I just finished it and I must say, I really enjoyed the first episode. While the dialogue got cringe worthy in places overall I like both Max (Even if she does like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within) and Chloe. Oh, and the soundtrack is fantastic. I also really like that they tell you what sections to secret photos are in so hunting for any that you missed (I missed #7) isn't frustrating.

Here's a couple links to all of my decisions in the episode (Sppilers, duh) http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/707398498551963644/108B89D12B51F50D67B6224E85805BB57D0E5A5E/ http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/707398498551964058/F31CD83F8856A6FFDE6FFA2913AFAA5F6937949A/

I just finished it as well (PS4) and I totally agree. I'm actually kinda amazed how good of a job Dontnod did considering this is their first time making a telltale esque game, I think they really nailed the story and the choice aspect almost better than telltale themselves. I feel like this game gives the player more choices than previous point and click adventure games which is nice because it really feels like you can change the story, but that will remain to be seen once the next chapters rollout. For me this first chapter is an 8.8/10, I'd give it a 9 if they fixed the lip sync and smoothed out the walking animations a bit more.

Vazra

Beat me by 20 shots:p
Made one of my own to apply as backgrounds on my laptop

Cheers mate because that one actually worked pretty good :p

I didn't think so many would chose to be hidden, I was kinda surprised by that(I intervened of course)

And more shots to be taken after turning off the subs for the next run.

jediyoshi

Looks like the results pages got fixed, here they are on PC as of today. Spoilers

http://i.imgur.com/0HuhpXQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qmaG2Li.jpg

David harassing Kate. Specifically took a photo for proof. I knew Max was ineffectual at actually asserting herself, I didn't even check how the outcome would go if you did step in. It was rough since they guilt trip you so hard the rest of the episode, but I'm glad it paid off during the chloe/max/david scene.

Didn't realize it was possible to hide. I checked the bed, then the closet, and that's all I managed. Surprised the game was prompting you that taking the blame wasn't necessarily good, I rolled with it anyway.

Still convinced the bird results are because people didn't know what they were doing as opposed to choosing not to do it. That's a weird thing about a lot of these results, without the context of knowing whether the player even approached it, it doesn't completely feel like a choice.

Kinsei

Banned
Speculation mixed with spoilers:
I'm pretty sure David is going to end up being right about Kate. I can totally see her having something to do with Rachel's disappearance.

Looks like the results pages got fixed, here they are on PC as of today. Spoilers

David harassing Kate. Specifically took a photo for proof. I knew Max was ineffectual at actually asserting herself, I didn't even check how the outcome would go if you did step in. It was rough since they guilt trip you so hard the rest of the episode, but I'm glad it paid off during the chloe/max/david scene.

Didn't realize it was possible to hide. I checked the bed, then the closet, and that's all I managed. Surprised the game was prompting you that taking the blame wasn't necessarily good, I rolled with it anyway.

Still convinced the bird results are because people didn't know what they were doing as opposed to choosing not to do it. That's a weird thing about a lot of these results, without the context of knowing whether the player even approached it, it doesn't completely feel like a choice.

I thought I would be clever and take a photo then rewind to intervene since rewinding doesn't affect things Max has. It turns out that that's the one thing it affects >.<

Vazra

Speculation mixed with spoilers:
I'm pretty sure David is going to end up being right about Kate. I can totally see her having something to do with Rachel's disappearance.

I thought I would be clever and take a photo then rewind to intervene since rewinding doesn't affect things Max has. It turns out that that's the one thing it affects >.<

I think it was specific that Max should be holding the item for that to happen. The picture she takes it and hides it so it kinda makes sense to disappear or plot hole?

UrbanRats

B8k3dGRCQAAz_xc.png

Very few games give you a fully realised high school setting. This is like Bully 2. Anyone who's up for a story about going back to a hometown and adjusting to changes with Alan Wake and Dreamfall vibes should play this immediately. The slice of life combined with time rewind reminds of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time a lot.

My steam review in case anyone's interested.

I didn't like that movie at all, but i'll still give this a try when more episodes are out.
I want to be sure that there won't be fuckery with game saves like TellTale games have.

jediyoshi

Is anyone else worried about Warren? I am very convinced that he will be a problem later on.

Nothing crazy like him being in cahoots with the actual bad stuff in the game. Maybe do something dumb/irrational in the future because of his crush and we'll have to save him.

Max x Chloe OTP

On a Scale of Walking Dead Season One to Jurassic Park, how does this rate on the telltale scale?

If I had to place it within the Sliding Scale of Modern Telltale, it would definitely be on the Walking Dead S1 end of the spectrum. I'd say about on-par with the intro to Fahrenheit, which was fantastic.

So many of those choices are things I didn't even know existed. I didn't realize the teacher had a petition for people to sign. Who the hell is Daniel? Where's the RV I could've written on, in the parking lot with Warren? And bird? What bird?

One thing I need to figure out is whether I can keep multiple saves. I want to maintain the choices I made last night but also want to experiment in a second save if possible.

If I had to place it within the Sliding Scale of Modern Telltale, it would definitely be on the Walking Dead S1 end of the spectrum. I'd say about on-par with the intro to Fahrenheit, which was fantastic.

God, as long as it doesn't end as badly as Fahrenheit. Hopefuly the writers can keep it together and now go too loopy.

Kinsei

Banned
So many of those choices are things I didn't even know existed. I didn't realize the teacher had a petition for people to sign. Who the hell is Daniel? Where's the RV I could've written on, in the parking lot with Warren? And bird? What bird?

One thing I need to figure out is whether I can keep multiple saves. I want to maintain the choices I made last night but also want to experiment in a second save if possible.

Daniel is the fat kid that was getting bullied in the hall on your way to the bathroom. Yeah, it was in the parking lot. The bird is in Chloe's parents room.

The bird is in Chloe's parents room - when you look out the window you can see the dead bird, and if you rewind to when you first entered you can open the window and it will survive. The RV is in the parking lot. Daniel is the chubby kid who will draw your portrait if you talk to him when you first exit the school.

A lot of this requires you to explore the whole environment and to remember to use your rewind ability creatively. I actually like that you can miss so much.

Flandy

This game has me wanting to play Remember Me now. I have the PS3 version through PS+ hrmmmm
Wish the PC version was on sale ;__;

This game has me wanting to play Remember Me now. I have the PS3 version through PS+ hrmmmm
Wish the PC version was on sale ;__;

I really liked Remember Me's story and universe, but the gameplay was a total letdown. Hopefully exploring a more narrative-focused game will let them play to their strong suit.

jediyoshi

Yeah, you have 3 save slots.

The list is chronological-ish. Time in front of the school is an interesting set up since Warren is wanting you to hurry up which might make the player want to go directly to the dorms. You miss a bunch of dialogue and characters if you don't take your time talking to everyone. It's funny, there were some characters I talked completely with and then rewound all the way back out of because they were douches.

Looked at the Steam top sellers to see how it's doing and....I can't find it at all. Defo not in top 100, unless my eyes are failing me. And it's strange, because I recall seeing it in the top 10 days before the launch?

Spazznid

I was THIS close to making the OP and then decided to check to see that someone else already called it. Then they don't show up!

Well, great alternate OP.

I'll post my thoughts.

I've been a HUGE Dontnod fan since Remember Me, and was highly anticipating their next release. When I found out it was a TWD style adventure, I was a bit puzzled if not still excited. Remember Me wasn't as successful as it should have been, so all I care about is that Dontnod gets to keep doing it's thing while not going broke. Enter episode 1. Good god. The art, the music, the characters, the design, the details, everything about this game SCREAMS Dontnod. Nobody does settings quite like these people do. They understand visuals like very few other developers, and they are passionate about it as well. Then the story. Remember Me was a bit cheesy, but I can appreciate a good cheese. Life is Strange has a few moments of cheese, but a lot of that seems due to the characters and setting being High School, and all of the god-awful cheesy moments that brings to memory. What I'm saying is that it fits. One thing LiS does extremely well is sell the idea that you are a high school girl and you are on a somewhat prestigious campus, with popular and unpopular cliches. It also instills moments of unease when you are meant to be uneasy, and moments of playfulness likewise.

Loved this episode, and I wholeheartedly look forward to the next.

Looked at the Steam top sellers to see how it's doing and....I can't find it at all. Defo not in top 100, unless my eyes are failing me. And it's strange, because I recall seeing it in the top 10 days before the launch?

Something about it seems off, yeah. Doesn't show up in the banner on the homepage either.

jediyoshi

Definitely a bug, I've seen it with some games in the past. Having followed GMG's charts, it's been staying in the top 10 for at least a week or two.

MBison

Can a fellow PC explain the anti alias settings? I assume 16x whatever will be the best? I feel like it's just random letters and numbers :)

Top Bottom