• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

ggx2ac

I think I'm just about done trying to pull for P.Olivia. I have too many Lachesis, Lissas and Serras. I should just take the L and stop.

On the plus side, the free pull for the Ayra banner got me... 5* M.Corrin? I guess he can be okay as another red sword for AA.

I needed grey orbs during the time I was getting P. Olivia.

"I'll send home all these 3* Gordins and use up the 4* versions to give the Atk+3 skill to others. I don't need him when I've got Klein."

*Arena Assault is announced*

lol

ggx2ac

Many exclusive 5* units where datamined the same, for the story purpose and tower where you can find this units as 4*

Oh... Well, I can't risk burning my money anyway. About to buy Fire Emblem Warriors the moment it releases physically and I still got Super Mario Odyssey afterwards.

Lelou

Oh... Well, I can't risk burning my money anyway. About to buy Fire Emblem Warriors the moment it releases physically and I still got Super Mario Odyssey afterwards.

She come for stay, no need to rush anyway.
If you don't "love" infrantry, i don't think she has a great spot in the meta..

Right now infrantry are not so great even if you have 1 or 2 tana..

I still can't decide between neutral and spd+/def- Eirika and both are at level 1, haha.

+spd all the way. She’s such a good unit. Attack is pitiful, but with Fury can get to serviceable range in addition to boosting everything else. Now with the sacred seal forge she can give a Blade Tome +18 dmg by herself. Even more if you ally support her with a Blade Tome unit.

ggx2ac

She come for stay, no need to rush anyway.
If you don't "love" infrantry, i don't think she has a great spot in the meta..

Right now infrantry are not so great even if you have 1 or 2 tana..

My arena team is infantry because I was investing in it from the start before all the changes happened: Arena rules, skill inheritance, etc.

Things could have been different for me, I probably would have used Cavalry Emblem instead but their BSTs do have an affect on scores.

Hmm... Maybe I should try getting Fae and Adult Tiki to level 50 so then I'll have a dragon team for arena. (I have enough of them to do that and I only have one young Tiki.)
It would be a huge jump from the infantry mages I have regarding BST.

I just don't have armour units to do an armoured team instead since I know they have the highest BSTs.

Just to add to the pile, this Arya business is some unexpected bullshit. But if she is going into the general four star pool that makes it a little (but not completely) better and I won’t open my wallet to get her.

I did use some freebie orbs and got a Leo and Eldigan (stupid split red focus).

Alkez

NOooooooooo I spent all my orbs and some from quests and chapters and got a -Atk/+hp Ayra. Por que!?

Alright, it will be ok. I have made do with worse attack before (still use -Atk Eirika). I'll just put my summoner support on her and use the Atk +3 Seal I already crafted. It'll be fine.....right?

I got -atk as well. As some of the other posters said to me it's fine because the bulk of her damage will come from her super anyways. As long as she's doubling I think it's fine. I'm pairing mine up with BLucina for that +3 attack and +6 speed just to make sure.

ya know...we shouldve seen this coming...

Why would they put a female as the TT reward. 4/5 dudes now, and the one female is pretending to be a dude.

Lmao. Never thought of that way.

jnWake

Datamining suggests Arya could be free -> People assume she is free -> Actually not -> People mad.

Datamining suggests Arya could be demoted to 4* -> People assume she'll be demoted to 4* -> Let's guess what'll happen.

Sciel

My arena team is infantry because I was investing in it from the start before all the changes happened: Arena rules, skill inheritance, etc.

Things could have been different for me, I probably would have used Cavalry Emblem instead but their BSTs do have an affect on scores.

Hmm... Maybe I should try getting Fae and Adult Tiki to level 50 so then I'll have a dragon team for arena. (I have enough of them to do that and I only have one young Tiki.)
It would be a huge jump from the infantry mages I have regarding BST.

I just don't have armour units to do an armoured team instead since I know they have the highest BSTs.
Do it, she's a disgusting enemy phase unit with the right skills.

Draxal

Datamining suggests Arya could be free -> People assume she is free -> Actually not -> People mad.

Datamining suggests Arya could be demoted to 4* -> People assume she'll be demoted to 4* -> Let's guess what'll happen.

Ayup, i'm not assuming anything this time.

Many exclusive 5* units where datamined the same, for the story purpose and tower where you can find this units as 4*

Good point. Really expecting her to stay at 5*.

Not too bad for my free summon for today:

oaGBXCx.png

Juni_

They gave her overpowered stats and skills, really don't expect her to drop at all. Not when people will whale for her on this banner and future banners she is on.

Alkez

Ayup, i'm not assuming anything this time.

Yeah, I've learned my lesson lol. I will say that I wasn't even mad when I saw it. I just laughed and thought to myself ofc they wouldn't give away swift sparrow for free.

I do think more people are mad at that fact that she wasn't on the new banner a couple of days ago where everyone spent their orbs, as opposed to her not be free. I personally didn't spend anything on it, but I don't like that they did this and the precedent this sets for the future.

Especially considering the other banner had 3 units instead of 4. If this banner had Arya with another 2 new units then I could understand, but 2 old units, 1 of which is the same colour, is kind of cruel imo.

A lot of the anger is because she was clearly sent out as whale bait on a banner with an undesirable draw to wreck chances for her.

If she was on the holy war banner with Sigurd in the same slot people would be far less mad. Datamining and especially the holy war banner not having her got hopes up.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I needed grey orbs during the time I was getting P. Olivia.

"I'll send home all these 3* Gordins and use up the 4* versions to give the Atk+3 skill to others. I don't need him when I've got Klein."

*Arena Assault is announced*

lol
Yeah, I rarely send units home these days because just about everything is useful for at least merge or SI fodder.

I just pay the 1 orb expansion tax every time I hit the roster size limit. That orb is probably better spent on roster expansions than on getting yet another useless healer, anyway.

jnWake

Yeah, I rarely send units home these days because just about everything is useful for at least merge or SI fodder.

I just pay the 1 orb expansion tax every time I hit the roster size limit. That orb is probably better spent on roster expansions than on getting yet another useless healer, anyway.

There a few units that simply deserve to go home though. Beruka I always send home (unless she has good nature), Virion too, most healers (ones with Rehab are saved from this), Sophia, Est, etc.

Very good advice. Assume nothing.

That said, you can't blame people for thinking she'd be free even without the datamine. You can find her and Arden in the story missions and both are missing from the new banner.

Previous experience would lead you to believe they are free units, much like Clive, Legion and Clarisse and maybe some other people I'm forgetting.

I don't think anybody realistically expected a separate banner just for Ayra, especially when she could've very easily been in the Sigurd banner. That way, the Sigurd banner could've doubled as the TT banner, but nope, $$$$$.

Yeah, I didn’t consider the four star Arya being an enemy unit only. I didn’t assume she would be free but didn’t realize there were four star versions of currently exclusively five star units and assumed she would be pullable at four stars. We’ll just have to see after the banner is up.

jnWake

Very good advice. Assume nothing.

That said, you can't blame people for thinking she'd be free even without the datamine. You can find her and Arden in the story missions and both are missing from the new banner.

Previous experience would lead you to believe they are free units, much like Clive, Legion and Clarisse and maybe some other people I'm forgetting.

I don't think anybody realistically expected a separate banner just for Ayra, especially when she could've very easily been in the Sigurd banner. That way, the Sigurd banner could've doubled as the TT banner, but nope, $$$$$.

I won't blame anyone that thought she was free. I thought so too.

I'm mainly pointing out that people shouldn't assume she'll drop to 4*.

Sushen

A lot of the anger is because she was clearly sent out as whale bait on a banner with an undesirable draw to wreck chances for her.

If she was on the holy war banner with Sigurd in the same slot people would be far less mad. Datamining and especially the holy war banner not having her got hopes up.
This is the reason for the uprising not asking for a free unit.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
There a few units that simply deserve to go home though. Beruka I always send home (unless she has good nature), Virion too, most healers (ones with Rehab are saved from this), Sophia, Est, etc.
Beruka I definitely agree with. I do sometimes use her to toss someone Lunge (which I never equip) or Defiant Def for experimental builds. But none of those have panned out, so....

I've used Virion as Astra fodder for BST padding in arena. I still have like 5 of him because of colorless hell. :( Agree that he's mostly useless, though.

I try to SI healers into a stable of 3-4 healers that I like so that they all have all the useful healing skills like Physic, Rehabilitate, Heavenly Light, etc. Lissa is also decent Renewal fodder. Most of my AA teams are one unit of each color + healer, so I like having a few leveled healers.

I have no idea what to do with Sophia, though I rarely pull her. I know about the Raurraven build, but have no interest in going for it.

I'm still drowning in Ests. I booted some, SIed some, then said "fuck it" and built a +10 4* Est that actually became a great unit in arena... and then I pulled yet another Est. There's no escape from them.

Beruka's absolutely worthless to me, too.

But I'm actually creating 4*+10 builds of Virion, Sophia, and Est! Already have their optimal natures, and +2 for Virion, +1 for Est, and +4 for Sophia.

These three have bad skills, but they have a niche in the metagame, unlike Beruka. She is just way too vulnerable to common threats.

Weebos

Banned
If the inflated BST continues to be a frequent thing going forward I hope that they buff the older units at some point.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wow, a lot of people on are bitter over Ayra.

I don't think they are bitter over her, per se. I think it's the scummy practices of the developer. Having a separate banner for her is pretty bad, but having a separate banner with another red is just wtf.

I do think there's a bit of overreacting going on because I don't think she is going to change the meta or anything.

Meier

Arvis is easy because you just need one unit with galeforse to one round it, without it is somewhat tricky because of the steady breath axe general that spawns behind your team but if you kite well enough it is doable.

I don't have anyone with this skill but I have 3 Cordelia's at Silver/4*. I guess I should level one up, eh?

I don't have anyone with this skill but I have 3 Cordelia's at level 4. I guess I should level one up, eh?
cordelia + dancer + dancer + BK makes it a joke

Cordelia needs hit and run or drawback and galeforce. probably deathblow as well

Have cordelia kill left mage, get danced, kill right mage, get danced, kill blue cav and galeforce activates. If on infernal kill arvis, if on lunatic kill green cav (from his left). Then have BK WoM over to cordelia to kill green cav or arvis

Tripon

I did infernal with brave Lyn, an -attack Rein, Cecilia and Olivia. You won't one shot and finish in the first round, but the replacements don't come every round and when they do, they come in waves, +armor units, mages, Cavs, etc).

Just need a dancer that can tank a hit from either a green armor unit or a blue armor unit.

When it was done, it was round 6, I think.

Shito

Jeez, even the level 30 Arvis is proving to be quite difficult for me.
I don't have anyone with this skill but I have 3 Cordelia's at level 4. I guess I should level one up, eh?
You don't need galeforce to one-turn it: the trick is to be able to one-shot both mages and cavs, and have a unit strong enough to tank and ohko-counter Arvis when it's his turn to play: the reinforcements only spawn at the beginning of your second turn.
It's best done with two units who can attack from a distance, supported by two dancers, but it can be done without any dancer as well. The idea is to kill all 4 regular enemies and end up in a position where Arvis will attack your strong counter to him.
If you have B!Lyn she can easily fill in that role for the level 30 version! For the other difficulties she would need some buffs or a seal to resist the attack.

As an example, I did the level 30 version with my usual poney emblem team (xander, cecilia, B!Lyn and camus), and I did lunatic and infernal with kagero, B!Lyn, azura and P!Azura.

Shito

Hmmm any way to do end Lunatic in one round with these units?
Hmm, should be able to replicate my strategy the post just above yours. B!Lyn, Ninian and Inigo, and for the fourth one you need someone who can OHKO the two mages: maybe Takumi?
B!Lyn can OHKO the cavs with a hone and a spur atk: give one to the dancer who will be next to her, and the other one to the units who will kill the mages. If you have all this, you just have to find the little choreography to kill the 4 enemies on your turn and let Arvis suicide on your B!Lyn. ;)

Edit: Oh! And for that to work B!Lyn needs a distant def seal! Mine was +2, don't know if a +1 works.

Busaiku

So why is Ayra getting all this love?
Having not played Genealogy of the Holy War, I'm not familiar with her.
She was the 2nd most popular from that game, but not too high overall.

fek

I think I will upgrade the spd seal for Ayra. I have seem some people using phantom speed instead but is it really worth it when her speed is already so high? Mine is neutral speed.

Top Bottom