• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX Demo: Feburary 21; (Euro PSN) February 22 [Up On Xbox Live/PSN]

Suairyu

Banned
I have to wait a whole extra day?! Europe was there for SSX, man. We were there. Why you gotta treat us this way?

edit - Soultron, on the note of |OT|, it might be worth building a Google doc that allows us to sort members by time zone, seeing as how the timed-window global events seem to be such a huge part of this game.

S1kkZ

not impressed with the visuals. the game looks very soft and sub-hd. dont know what happend, i loved how the game looked in the trailers and gameplay videos.

Aww haven't played an SSX game for a long time. What happened here? The demo level is extremely bland, I remember it being full of colour and fireworks and whatnot..... It doesn't feel as slick as before and as was said previously , it looks very soft. I have only played it once though. Rose tinted glasses perhaps.

xxczx

This is good news for PSN users since the HK and Japanese PSN's update really early (US time). That means that we won't have to wait for the usual late US PSN update.
Will the HK and JPN demo be in English? I only have a EUR and USA PSN account and was going to download the USA demo so I don't have to wait but if they're in English...

jersoc

not sure i like the controls. they just feel different from the ps2 games that i'm use to. wish you could change every button so i can move the 4 alpha buttons to shoulders as it's much easier to grab those than try to twist my hand in some weird way to tweak tricks.

Bgamer90

Banned
I'm loving the game. The controls were easy for me to get use to and I just got in first place in the race event.

Can't wait for the full game. I have to say though that I'm kind of disappointed in the graphics. They look good but they don't look amazing. Was expecting the game to look better due to how great the previous SSX games looked during their time.

I want to play more but I'm going to go take a quick nap before I go to school & work (lol).

soultron

Banned
not sure i like the controls. they just feel different from the ps2 games that i'm use to. wish you could change every button so i can move the 4 alpha buttons to shoulders as it's much easier to grab those than try to twist my hand in some weird way to tweak tricks.

There are two control schemes, technically 3. Standard buttons, standard analogues, and classic controls.

jersoc

There are two control schemes, technically 3. Standard buttons, standard analogues, and classic controls.

the classic one just seemed to move from using the left stick to turn to the d-pad. no thanks there.

not sure i saw the other one. i'll look next time, that could be better. at least the demo will give me time to get them down again.

the classic one just seemed to move from using the left stick to turn to the d-pad. no thanks there.

not sure i saw the other one. i'll look next time, that could be better. at least the demo will give me time to get them down again.

There are ground AND in-air control options. You didn't check both if your tricks didn't switch.

MAN this is fun, but my fingers feel totally lost. I think I'm sticking with the new control scheme. The game is way too fast to pre-wind with the D Pad now.

GlamFM

Banned
Are you out on most of this gen then? On consoles hardly any games are 60 fps. Sad but true, but I don't miss out on a game because of it.

I think I didn´t play SSX 3 the way everybody else did.

After I finished the game I continued playing for years.

I turned the music off, didn´t pull of any tricks and just drove as smoothly as possible - at 60 fps.

I don´t think the new SSX can give me that feeling again at 30 fps.

I think I didn´t play SSX 3 the way everybody else did.

After I finished the game I continued playing for years.

I turned the music off, didn´t pull of any tricks and just drove as smoothly as possible - at 60 fps.

I don´t think the new SSX can give me that feeling again at 30 fps.

I see, was SSX3 in 60 fps? My TV has this motion filter which makes everything look 60 fps when I tried SSX3 the other week.

Tokubetsu

The worst thing about the ghost shit, is not only am I worrying about beating a buddies time, I have to actually SEE myself losing to his fucking ghost. Fuck. TOO MUCH PRESSURE. .26 milliseconds Jambi. Eat a fucking dick.

Turn that horrible "feature" off, it's unnatural and adds input lag.

Well the thing is, it doesn't! It's a brand new Samsung 8005 46". You can set the Motion Plus feature to various settings: "Standard" or the even more obvious "Smooth" put this blur effect on everthing when you turn the camera in a game, they also suffer slow-down now and then.

However the "Clear" option simply adds frames between the original frames and make all my games seem much better. You do however get som horrible artifacts in games that move fast (Forza for example), so I use it in games like Dead Space, Reckoning etc. The "clear" option never has any slow-down and I can't feel any input lag. I use my HDMI straight from my Xbox to the TV without going through any sound system (I use optical out for this).

JambiBum

The worst thing about the ghost shit, is not only am I worrying about beating a buddies time, I have to actually SEE myself losing to his fucking ghost. Fuck. TOO MUCH PRESSURE. .26 milliseconds Jambi. Eat a fucking dick.

Enjoy chasing my 10 mill ghost.

red731

Well the thing is, it doesn't! It's a brand new Samsung 8005 46". You can set the Motion Plus feature to various settings: "Standard" or the even more obvious "Smooth" put this blur effect on everthing when you turn the camera in a game, they also suffer slow-down now and then.....

You have Samsung and if input lag = game mode on(have 3yr old Sammy), if no lag problem - then no problem ;)

D6AMIA6N

I like but I'm not sold. Played SSX, Tricky and 3 a ton, with 3 being my favorite. How the hell did I play with the classic control scheme all those years ago?! Primary gripes are that visually, it's really nothing special. I wish it were more realistic looking. Looks like an HD version of the old SSX games, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but certainly not the level of what I expected from a franchise reboot that has been dormant for years. Lots of frame rate issues from what i have played. Son I am disappoint.

EDIT: Zoe still has that late nineties "No Doubt" attitude going. It was outdated then, now it just looks lazy.

Just beat your TIIIYIIIIYIIIIYIIIMMMMEEEEEE!!!

FUCK YES!!!

I fucking LOVE THIS FUCKING GAME.

I know it won't stand and you're going to stomp it into the ground but DAMN that felt good.

This is SSX alright.

red731

I hope that the demo will be released on US PSN when I get back home from work in 2h20m...

Table is moving here with me from all the waiting and anticipiation.

JambiBum

I hope that the demo will be released on US PSN when I get back home from work in 2h20m...

Table is moving here with me from all the waiting and anticipiation.

It probably won't be up on PSN until around 5 pm est.

I need to go to bed but I can't..... At least I'm still at the top of the trick it leaderboard for now.

Top Bottom