• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX Demo: Feburary 21; (Euro PSN) February 22 [Up On Xbox Live/PSN]

soultron

Banned
North American XBOX360 GAFers can win a free copy of the game by participating in this contest.

soultron said:
Full game releases:
28 February -- NA
02 March -- EU/NZ/AU
15 March -- JP
The SSX |OT| is now live!

Xbox Marketplace Demo link (Gold exclusive, but Silver can play everything but Global Events in the full game)

New in-depth Global Events MP walkthrough video with Todd Batty, SSX Creative Director.

Zoe is playable, refer the demo to a friend to unlock Mac for the demo.
Tutorial 1: ground tricks, carving controls.
Tutorial 2: sky diving for air controls.
Run 1: JT2. (Rockies, IIRC.)
Run 2: Bulldog. (New Zealand.)
All tracks RiderNet enabled, meaning you'll be able to compete against your friends' records in the demo!
No details yet as to whether or not XBL Silver restrictions apply to thisThe demo is a Gold exclusive, but you'll be happy to know that, in the full game, you'll have access to everything but Global Events. Which means you can still compete with your friends, using their ghost data, in Explore mode!

---

EDIT 2: Worldwide 360 and North American PSN is the 21st. Everyone outside of North America gets the PSN demo on the 22nd. Thanks to vix for clarifications! c:

Some general pointers:

• I'm a long time SSX fan, but I don't like the new controls! Can I use the old controls?
    • Yes, you can! Go into the options menu of the demo and select Classic controls. (Just note that the demo tool tips will not update to reflect the change in control scheme.)

• How in the heck do I pull off the big tricks?!
    • When in Super TRICKY state (when the word TRICKY is glowing orange at the bottom of your screen) press both triggers + any trick button.

• What's the deal with rails now?
    • Steer yourself onto red rails to begin grinding them. There are also ridges in the environment that you can grind, but you have to press and hold the left trigger to mount them. At any time, in any grind, you can press the left trigger when on rails (or, in the case of terrain edges, release LT) and press the left stick to dismount in that direction.

• The camera is too far out! Can I get it closer to my character like the old games?
    • You can totally do that. Press the back/select button to zoomify and change your camera settings!

• Do I have to do the tutorial every time I start the demo?
    • No, you do not. It might help to do it if you're having troubles learning the trick system or the controls, however. You can skip the tutorial by pausing and choosing the exit option. The video at the beginning of the demo cannot be skipped, however.

• I still can't figure out the trick system!
    • Think of the buttons (if you're using them) as your hands in relation to the board. A(360)/X(PS3) will grab the bottom, for instance. Doing two handed grabs is the next level, and for that, StrikerObi has put together this awesome write up wherein he breaks all the tricks down for you;
      The button controls make most sense to me. Run yourself through the tutorial a few times and you'll start to get a feel for it. It does a good job of breaking it down, but here it is in text which may help you grasp it (pun intended) better.

Here are the four basic tricks:

X = left hand grabs left side of the board
      B = right hand grabs right side of board
      Y = both hands grab top of board
      A = both hands grab bottom of board

And you can press two buttons in rapid succession (tap the first one, then quickly hold the second one) to do more complicated tricks. For these, the first button indicates what hand you use and the second indicates which part of the board that hand grabs.

Left hand tricks:

X->B = left hand grabs right side of board
      X->Y = left hand grabs top of board
      X->A = left hand grabs bottom of board

Right hand tricks:

B->X = right hand grabs left side of board
      B->Y = right hand grabs top of board
      B->A = right hand grabs bottom of board

Two hand tricks:

Y->X = both hands grab left side of board
      Y->B = both hands grab right side of board
      (I don't think there is a Y->A trick, but somebody please correct me if I'm wrong)

For ALL of these tricks, press RT and you will tweak the trick out.

To do your unique SUPER UBER, press any of the three trick buttons (X, B, or Y) and BOTH RT and LT.

MercuryLS

Banned
Demo coming. Zoe is playable, refer a friend to unlock Mac for the demo.
There are four events (2 tutorials; 1 is sky diving to teach air controls!) and they're all RiderNet enabled in the demo.

SEE YOU ONLINE THIS TUESDAY, KIDS.

clever-girl.jpg

EDIT: Worldwide for PS3 (except Europe) and 360 is 21, but Sony Europe gets the 22nd. Can a Mod please edit this?

This is good news for PSN users since the HK and Japanese PSN's update really early (US time). That means that we won't have to wait for the usual late US PSN update.

chixdiggit

Will install both demos. I have the PS3 version already pre-ordered for the extra mountain but I really prefer the 360 controller. I guess this will be a good way to decide between the two.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Will install both demos. I have the PS3 version already pre-ordered for the extra mountain but I really prefer the 360 controller. I guess this will be a good way to decide between the two.

Yeah, it's gonna be interesting to see if there are any noteworthy differences between them. There hasn't been any PS3 footage shown, has there? I only have a PS3, so I don't actually have a choice anyway, but it's still interesting.

Hale-XF11

This is so awesome. I look forward to comparing each version, though I'm already heavily leaning towards getting the 360 version, since most of my friends are on there and we get voice chat. Plus, the 360 will get Mt. Fuji somewhere down the road.

kaskade

Hell yes. I was hoping they would put them out. Now I can see which version I'd rather have. I feel like it'd be weird playing on the 360 controller. But that's where all my friends are.

This is so awesome. I look forward to comparing each version, though I'm already heavily leaning towards getting the 360 version, since most of my friends are on there and we get voice chat. Plus, the 360 will get Mt. Fuji somewhere down the road.

In Europe that road is day 1.

soultron

Banned
I find it funny that few news sources that are reporting on this have managed to get the details right. GAF and Merq superior news sources confirmed. :p

It's hilarious considering that they link directly to the SSX Ubercast, but it's like they didn't actually listen to the damned thing.

I didn't buy Soul Calibur V day one like I planned.. Glad I didn't.

I didnt buy UFC Undisputed day one like I planned.. Glad I didn't.

This would have to be one shitty demo for me not to buy this game day one. I'm talking Def Jam Icon shitty..

Top Bottom