• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate Elite, Robotics;Note DaSH, Anonymous;Code for Switch, all anounced for JP

Real confusing thread title. I'm playing through Steins;Gate now on PS3 and absolutely loving it. I'd be down to see what differences a reimagining/enhanced version is like if it were to come to ps4 and be localized.

Knurek

Brilliant :D

Hope this means for the west too, really want to play Steins Gate 0

You can do so now, friendly people ported the VITA translation to the PC version.

Well, that was at most from August 11th to August 13th.
But whatever. I have no idea what they're going to do, but incorporating some of the side material (which is actually very interesting and world-expanding) would be cool. Though at least some of it would require moving to a perspective other than Okabe.

Steins;Gate Linear Bounded Phenogram has 11 stories, only two of which are from Okabe's perspective.

Steins;Gate Linear Bounded Phenogram has 11 stories, only two of which are from Okabe's perspective.

Yeah, I know, but that's the overall game structure, it might not fit so well in a story that's designed specifically to be from Okabe's perpective. And I'm not really expecting Phenogram content, I'm more talking about side expansions from other media like The Distant Valhalla (
the future where he gives up time leaping and forms the resistance
), Drama CD Gamma (which is basically a well-done Moeka ending), etc.

Sakura

Robotics;Notes featured Daru too. Though it wasn't obvious in the anime.

I never watched the anime but played the game.
Daru's presence was pretty minimal.
But the fact that in the video thing in the OP, the silhouette behind Robotics;Notes is Daru, and OP says featuring Daru, makes me think he has a bigger presence than in the original.

D-Man

I wonder what they're gonna do with Steins;Gate Elite. I can only imagine them adding small things that tie into 0, but not much else.

Here's hoping it comes to the west.

Knurek

I wonder what they're gonna do with Steins;Gate Elite. I can only imagine them adding small things that tie into 0, but not much else.

Here's hoping it comes to the west.

They will just add all the content from Hiyoku Renri no Darling and Linear Bounded Phenogram, mark my words.
You *will* suffer.

Jazzem

Yar, the script could use some tightening and maybe some things clarified, but I have this dread they'd just plop in some wacky beach chapter or something. If I remember correctly, the story has 10 days timeskip where they could put that stuff.

Yeah that's my concern, the kind of things the script could benefit from don't strike me as the sort that'd be that marketable in a remake, compared to frivolous stuff or dramatically changed plot points. I'd only really want improved pacing in places or certain problematic scenes altered (namely
Okabe groping Ruka
) at most.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This is one of the most unintentional misleading thread titles I've seen in a while. Should get around to playing some of these at some point

Shizuka

At least those that had platforms announced, Vita was one of them. I'm always up for more visual novels and I knew they'd release another Steins;Gate.

_Ryo_

Excited for Robotic;Notes 2.

I am afraid of a Steins;Gate remake/expansion. The second games ending was very generic.S;G is already perfect on its own.

Also I wonder if these will come to PS4?

It is weird to see Occult;Nine on XB1 as well considering how past VN on the platform bombed. (Psycho Pass)

Considering very little of the Steins;Gate expanded material is worthwhile and even SG0 wasn't particularly good, I'm not optimistic that Elite will be anything to care about.

Robotics;Note Elite is only on Vita, not on PS3

Oh right, whoops. I guess that makes it even less likely then! (Not that you can sell PS3 software in the west particularly well anymore, at least Vita has a niche buying userbase still.

It is weird to see Occult;Nine on XB1 as well considering how past VN on the platform bombed. (Psycho Pass)

President of 5pb is a big fan of Xbox it seems. Remember that Chaos;Child was originally an XB1 exclusive after all. I don't see him dropping it any time soon.

Switch has become the new vita

Vita is the new Vita judging by the platforms we know about :p

BTA

Yeah that's my concern, the kind of things the script could benefit from don't strike me as the sort that'd be that marketable in a remake, compared to frivolous stuff or dramatically changed plot points. I'd only really want improved pacing in places or certain problematic scenes altered (namely
Okabe groping Ruka
) at most.

Yeah, I'd love if they
removed just about every shitty thing revolving around Luka and the saying "but he's a guy" six times in a single scene bullshit
but I absolutely don't expect that to happen.

cireza

Will happily support good VNs on Switch. I played them on Vita until now, and Switch is a good fit to continue, it offers the gaming conditions I like for VNs.

hank_tree

The end of 0 leads directly to the end of the original.
What "damage" did it do?

In particular,
The shit with Mayuri and Suzhua also going back in time

But also the whole game. Anything that ties into that garbage can only have a negative effect on the original.

Really glad that PQube exists to localize these, I'm not worried that the games wont get localized. My only worry is that a Kickstarter company will get their grubby hands on the localization rights first.

Nope, Switch has Monster Hunter.

Vita has Monster Hunter on it, Freedom Unite. It counts :p

t26

Really glad that PQube exists to localize these, I'm not worried that the games wont get localized. My only worry is that a Kickstarter company will get their grubby hands on the localization rights first.

5pb. actually hired people for localization for their own game in English. PQube just handle the publishing and distribution.

Top Bottom