• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Vita Compatible PSone Games

AwRy108

Can't get PSOne emulator options to pop up during FF VII, any ideas? I tried it on Gex--touch screen for a few seconds--and it worked fine.

bumpkin

So I updated my Vita last night, and I didn't see hide nor hair of PSOne Classics anywhere; no new icon, no category in the Store, nothin'. I even tried going into my download history list - in the Store - and it said that FFVII couldn't be downloaded on a Vita.

Okay, what am I missing here?

zroid

Banned
So I updated my Vita last night, and I didn't see hide nor hair of PSOne Classics anywhere; no new icon, no category in the Store, nothin'. I even tried going into my download history list - in the Store - and it said that FFVII couldn't be downloaded on a Vita.

Okay, what am I missing here?

The store hasn't been updated yet. For now you need to transfer from PS3.

Eusis

Can't get PSOne emulator options to pop up during FF VII, any ideas? I tried it on Gex--touch screen for a few seconds--and it worked fine.
It does seem picky about WHERE you're touching, try (sigh) touching where the game's actually displayed rather than the boundaries assuming you aren't using zoom/full screen.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Sorry, I looked through the thread and couldn't find exact directions at how to use full screen. Do I just touch the screen? I'm at work right now so I can't get to my vita.

Well, the PSP version actually includes new voice work and a new translation. If you don't have too much nostalgia for the original cast, the PSP version is quite a bit better in that regard. Other than that it's pretty much the same.

It also has the Faerie (slightly different from the Sprite, mostly the same) and the Nose Demon (basically just the demon familiar with a big nose made to look like a popular Japanese celebrity). It ALSO fills the screen a bit better, has both languages for audio and has a Maria that is the best version that is playable (she's based on the original Rondo Maria instead of just a bunch of randomness like in the Saturn version).

Frankly, It's not hard at all to unlock it in DXC. It's just an item in the wall on a stage, probably not more than 30 minutes tops.

Mzo

I don't understand people who prefer nasty, fat, stretched-out sprites instead of maintaining the original aspect ratio.

It's like going to a family member's house and walking in on them watching stretched-out television shows. Makes me vomit.

daevv

Not sure if mentioned but the JP import Dezaemon Kids is downloadable from the Vita store directly. I got it from Raptr Rewards a few weeks ago.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Suikoden without the Bilinear Filtering looks great.

pwack

Do we have any idea when SCEA is going to roll out more games for direct download? I own a vita but not PS3 and would love to play FFIX. Unless it is going to come out soon, my plan is to finally say screw it and create an EU account.

Bought a 4GB card on Amazon's current lightening deal, will buy PSN points off Play Asia. Probably will get Peace Walker too.

BibiMaghoo

I've not read through the entire thread, but from what I can see, Sony have done the unthinkable, and locked certain games to specific regions.

I say this because there are games clearly missing from the NA list that Sony posted as compatable on the EU blog, such as blood omen and vagrant story...

Wtf.

Welp...most of the ps1 games I have are not compatible...including Chrono Cross which I was waiting for ps1 games on Vita to play for the first time.

I've not read through the entire thread, but from what I can see, Sony have done the unthinkable, and locked certain games to specific regions.

I say this because there are games clearly missing from the NA list that Sony posted as compatable on the EU blog, such as blood omen and vagrant story...

Wtf.

Vagrant story works on NA vita

KalBalboa

Banned

Wtf.

Yeah, SCEE and SCEA and SCEJ are completely separate entities in terms of digital sales. It's not surprising, and region disparity isn't "unthinkable," considering how much regions play into all consoles these days.

Games will be added and grandfathered in.

Vagrant story works on NA vita

And look, half the reason you were upset isn't even true. It's a good day.

BibiMaghoo

Yeah, SCEE and SCEA and SCEJ are completely separate entities in terms of digital sales. It's not surprising, and region disparity isn't "unthinkable," considering how much regions play into all consoles these days.

Games will be added and grandfathered in.

And look, half the reason you were upset isn't even true. It's a good day.

Ok, the reason I thought vagrant story was mising was due to the first page of the thread.

I understand that there is a difference between regions, but we are talking about games that are actually available in those regions anyway ( or game now lol)

Ok, the reason I thought vagrant story was mising was due to the first page of the thread.

I understand that there is a difference between regions, but we are talking about games that are actually available in those regions anyway ( or game now lol)

Vagrant story is listed as compatible on the first post of this thread too

KalBalboa

Banned

Vagrant story is listed as compatible on the first post of this thread too

Yeah, the bases are covered in the first post as soon as someone posts a confirmation or issue here. It's all in my first post.

I'm expecting a bunch of other games to start working in a few weeks, just like the PSP, which now has pretty much everything working on Vita. Crash & Spyro alone are head-scratchers.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm on the Vita Japanese store right now and it looks like they pretty much just uploaded every PSX game. Period. The fighting game section has nearly 30 games and the RPG section has at least double that.

Still no full list, but it looks pretty complete.

Is bust a move or bust a groove (whatever it is called in Japan) there?

cullenx

Banned
I am utterly terrified of coming home to delve into this pit of madness. But I'm a gamer. So fuck all that, bring it on.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
SCEA posted 7% of the games that PAL gets. Is there a place that I can write to Sony America to let them know how displeased I am? I've gotten used to the fact that they don't seem to care about American Vita Users, but this is a bit much.

Can anyone tell me how to manage PS1 memory cards with the VITA, I have memory cards that are named after games that I had on PS3 and during the transfer, everything got mixed up.

Is there a page with info on how you can manage all of that?

mattp

lol @ having to redownload psx games already installed on your ps3 because they need to be "bubbles" in order to transfer to vita

sony

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get the release plan on this at all. I hope this doesn't turn into Virtual Console or anything, where this stuff is eeked out 9 at a time for weeks on end.

Release the whole batch, create a marketing/promotion plan that promotes 9 of those titles every week. That way you get the people that splurge on day 1 and the people that need to be reminded it exists week in and week out.

mackattk

I am pretty pissed that crash bandicoot games don't work on this yet. Hopefully they will get it up soon, but who knows how long it will take.

cjkeats

lol @ having to redownload psx games already installed on your ps3 because they need to be "bubbles" in order to transfer to vita

sony

At the very least, they could put the bubbles in a folder. That Valkyria Chronicles DLC bundle was damaging. It takes a long time to get scrolled down to my games list.

But yeah, bubbles are dumb. You don't need bubbles to transfer to PSP right?

Top Bottom