• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Vita Compatible PSone Games

Vitacat

Wish I had a PS3. Only have a Vita. :-(

No plans to buy a PS3 either. Maybe PS4 when it comes out, and that will probably have nice connectivity features with Vita.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, that game labeled "Burst Angel" in the OP is actually "Rapid Angel", yes? Might want to fix that. (A Burst Angel Game would have been pretty interesting!)

Anyone have any opinions on Rapid Angel, btw? I see that it's a bit of a beat-em-up, which is great to see, as teh Vita library seems to seriously lack in them.

Foxix Von

Didn't pay much attention to the list but out of all the stuff I attempted this is the stuff I got to transfer over:

Um Jammer Lammy
Syphon Filter
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3
Front Mission 3
Hot Shots Golf 2
International Track & Field
Silent Hill
Breath Of Fire 4
Castlevania Chronicles
Castlevania SoTN

AlphaBovine

Neo Member
Of course this would roll out while my PS3 is in the shop for overheating. Another week before I can get a lot of these games on my VITA. Boo freaking hiss. :)

edeo

Too bad the only Final Fantasy game I want to play, FFV, is unavailable.

I can't go back to the PS1 era FF games. FF4 I've got as part of the PSP complete version. FFVI I've got on GBA.

both oddworld games are not appearing on my transfer list from ps3. but ffvii, track and field(ps+) and umjammer lammy are transferring.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
28 of 57 if I counted right. Basically all of the RPGs (except for Arc the Lad).

Edit: Just think about it: Now I can't play Suikoden on the Vita!
The greatest crime! >:|

But seriously, that is bullshit. It was a cheap solution originally for people with multiple accounts, but I guess their intent is to sell memory cards. Man, EU/AUS is getting hit hard lately. The P4Arena crap and now this. :/

And look at what we have to do to get these games on the Vita itself even though they work, but SCEA just wants to roll them out slowly because reasons, yet SCEE and SCEJ seem to have rolled most of them out anyway. What about people who don't own PS3s or don't have access to them? It sucks.

This has got to be the worst emulation I have ever seen. Every game so far had had issues. Alundra, the menu keeps poping up constantly. Castlevania the cursor moves on it on in the menu. FFVII show the targeting icons on and off. The graphics do looks slick, but seriously you would think it would work.

This has got to be the worst emulation I have ever seen. Every game so far had had issues. Alundra, the menu keeps poping up constantly. Castlevania the cursor moves on it on in the menu. FFVII show the targeting icons on and off. The graphics do looks slick, but seriously you would think it would work.

Sounds like you're touching the rear pad, which coincidentally is mapped to the L2/R2/L3/R3 buttons :p

Sounds like you're touching the rear pad, which coincidentally is mapped to the L2/R2/L3/R3 buttons :p

anyone think ps1 emu is not really finished? why would you have customization option for the control, but not allowing you to customize the missing button, L2/R2 and L3/R3 are the one that you might want to customize like moving them to front screen but those are the button that you can't change even though apparently they add that function for psp emulation.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone found a list/website/post with PS1 screenshots on Vita?

pwack

So for people without a ps3, how hard is it to switch to the EU region to download games? I'll need a new memory card. What about an EU billing address? Do I need to factory reset the vita?

Synless

Some people were saying Input Delay.
But unless it's highly noticeable, even then I doubt that would affect a JRPG to much.
(Though still be of slight annoyance)
I can confirm that when in the menus, selecting an option (settings, junction, ect...) doesn't always select when you hit it. I don't know why, but you have to hold the button down for a second. At first I thought my X button was fucked, so I switched it to O and it was the same thing.

Eusis

Anyone try Rayman?
Works, looks pretty nice.

I'll have to check for others that work I own, Hot Shots Golf 2 and International Track & Field are two I can imagine getting overlooked. Also hoping they can patch in more control options, I'd really like to be able to remap the right analog stick since 90% of the PS1 games that used the DualShock/Analog controller didn't really do anything with it (and made it look like a dumb gimmick on Sony's part until the next generation came), nevermind the back touch which should easily be remappable as buttons anyway. Especially since for some games you really don't want to be using the back touch in place of buttons yet they won't automatically switch with L/R buttons if you assign those to being L2/R2.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
so, which version is preferable? the psp version, or ps1 version?
Well, the PSP version actually includes new voice work and a new translation. If you don't have too much nostalgia for the original cast, the PSP version is quite a bit better in that regard. Other than that it's pretty much the same.

Magnalon

Neo Member
Thanks for all the info guys.

Would anyone be so kind as to explain how to get PSOne Classic save files from my PS3 to my Vita, however? It would be much appreciated.

Eusis

That may be why ff8 is messed up...
Yeah, it may be useful in some cases, but if you have it on and are seeing glitches the first thing you should do is flip it off. I had that happen in FFVII, turned it off, and left it off.
Sony & SquareSoft Wins. I ended up buying Vagrant Story and Xenogears because of this update.
Once I clear my plate up some (or just give up on some games) I may rebuy Xenogears just to see how different my view is 14 years after release.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Thanks for all the info guys.

Would anyone be so kind as to explain how to get PSOne Classic save files from my PS3 to my Vita, however? It would be much appreciated.

Almost the same as copying the games. Connect the Vita to the PS3, then use the Content Manager (PS3->Vita) and then scroll down and I think the lowest entry is PS1 save files.

Top Bottom