• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 just downloaded an unknown update file automatically

mindatlarge

Think I might know what it is. Could be wrong.

So I assumed it was probably related to a TV app and the only one that updated after checking for updates was Netflix and the interesting part is that unknown update on the notification area disappeared and now my last notification is a Netflix update and that unknown one is gone from the list.

Maybe a failed Netflix update?
Probably just a fluke. I wouldn't worry about it. I did some searching around and didn't find anything of use or mention of your experience. I'd be curious too though if anyone else had it happen, like if it was more of a widespread thing.

v1lla21

I can play Nintemdo now! Best update!

j31aP.jpg
“Was wrong weegee, brotha Merio is here for you”

For those that want the exact wording

Installed
: Version
Update File

That's exactly what appears nothing else.
Installed = 9 letters
: = /
Version = 7 letters
Update = 6 letters
File = 4 letters

(9 / 7) + 6 + 4 = 11.2

Update File = 2 words

11.2 / 2 = 5.6 ~ 5

Devil May Cry 5 confirmed!

ryan299

so i'm trying to update to version 5 and the console started doing it before cutting off. Like the white light is on on the console but I don't see anything on screen and it's been in this state for 5 minutes or so.

Anybody know whats up?

mindatlarge

so i'm trying to update to version 5 and the console started doing it before cutting off. Like the white light is on on the console but I don't see anything on screen and it's been in this state for 5 minutes or so.

Anybody know whats up?
Have you tried holding the PS4 power button (on the console) until you hear a double "BEEP", you should then be in safe mode. From there, I think you can adjust the resolution manually for your display. If all else fails, power down the system and unplug the power cord and HDMI cable, plug everything back in and try to boot the console again.

I've had that issue before, one of those things worked for me. I have a terrible memory though.

Top Bottom