• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Lightning (CW Series) Trailer

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
yeah pretty much

arrow has magically kept my interest all season but i am way behind on supergirl and flash and it just feels like work now

maybe ill just do agents, runaways, cloak & dagger and defendersNetflix next year... keep it all mcu

I think Arrow works because the villain is really a bunch of steps ahead, and it's not the heroes being complete dumbasses

Berlanti are co. have had such a good record so far with lead costumes, that looks like a huge step down, otherwise the show looks good.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Man, what did any of you watch before multishow continuity became a thing.

Seriously. It's not like the shows crossover that often. We get the yearly big one and Flash and Supergirl have phoned it in a bit twice. People act like Arrow shows up on Flash every other episode.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Lmao

Those are actually great shows tho

Hey, you know, I don't feel qualified to comment on the current state of Shield, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt despite its fanbase never earning it with constant adulation when the show was clearly mediocre at best.

But let's not pretend that Shield S1 was not fucking dragged across the finish line into season 2 by people watching it specifically because it was "tied" to the movies.

Romez

I don't get the point in not making it part of Arrowverse, some of those sets even looked like they were from Flash (Coffee shop and Barry's lab).

LotusHD

Banned
Hey, you know, I don't feel qualified to comment on the current state of Shield, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt despite its fanbase never earning it with constant adulation when the show was clearly mediocre at best.

But let's not pretend that Shield S1 was not fucking dragged across the finish line into season 2 by people watching it specifically because it was "tied" to the movies.

Yea I'm hip, that's why I laughed lol

Same goes for Legion. I got interested because hey, related to X-Men in some fashion. But at the same time, they turned out to be legitimately great (with AoS specifically improving over time), so it all worked out.

ReiGun

Iffy on the suit, but overall, I like what I see.

Black Lightning has always had a lot of potential as a character, and it looks like they're trying to realize that.

Sucks this isn't part of the Arrowverse.
Much like Supergirl, I'm sure they'll find a way to have it crossover eventually. Cisco's powers basically ensure that alternate dimensions are no problem for getting characters.

morningbus

I don't get the point in not making it part of Arrowverse, some of those sets even looked like they were from Flash (Coffee shop and Barry's lab).

Despite what the visual similarity may suggest, the show is being filmed in Atlanta and not Vancouver like every other CW show. So, probably above most other things, that's the reason they don't have explicit continuity with one another.

If it helps guys, they probably won't outright contradict a lot of stuff either, so it could be tucked in eventually like Constantine. Or, worst case scenario, it's on another Earth like Supergirl.

Dysun

Man, what did any of you watch before multishow continuity became a thing.

Easier to leave something on the back burner when you know it won't crossover with shows you're already heavily invested in. Hard enough as it is to keep up with the current crop.

The suit is too bulky.

Cisco should create an upgraded prototype. I wanna see some Batman Beyond/Tron shit.

batman-beyond-new-costume-227895.jpg

tronchars1.jpg

Glass Rebel

I mean... nobody is doing that.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Well, it looks like a pilot.

Not sure if I'll tune in live for this. Feel like I'm at my limit with TV shows.

As much as people keep praising this season of Arrow, I'm glad I dropped it. That extra hour helps out!

Kevin

Looks alright. I don't know. Getting burned out on CW superhero shows. Mainly because some of them went from being really great to having their budgets drastically slashed, losing writers and becoming mediocre to watchable at best.

I've always loved the CW shows, even Supernatural but I don't know. I'll likely watch but these shows begin to feel kind of samey after awhile and now the CW will have 5 superhero shows a year.

SeanC

Looks solid, like they're going older. Don't really need a young/hip show with CW teen drama again, though I'm sure they'll be putting that in there.

morningbus

So you're making fun of my post... because of a "guide" that I didn't create?

Huh.

Huh? I said that there was cognitive dissonance in your post because you were making fun of these interconnected shows that mask their shortcomings with interconnected childhood-pandering while you also said you were back to waiting for the next season of Shield.

If you also describe Marvel's output the same way, I think we actually don't have an issue here. But then I don't necessarily understand the initial post unless DC comics isn't your childhood.

Glass Rebel

Huh? I said that there was cognitive dissonance in your post because you were making fun of these interconnected shows that mask their shortcomings with interconnected childhood-pandering while you also said you were back to waiting for the next season of Shield.

If you also describe Marvel's output the same way, I think we actually don't have an issue here. But then I don't necessarily understand the initial post unless DC comics isn't your childhood.

I mean, SHIELD hasn't really been connected to any other piece of the MCU in a while. I guess there was that Agent Carter flashback in S3 and one of the antagonists of S3 was in Avengers in a very small role. Certainly nothing like the CW crossover shows. S4 which is probably the most removed from anything else is, coincidentally, also the best by a good margin.

Not to say that I don't enjoy this shit. I just don't think it makes up for the shortcomings of these shows. It certainly didn't help shit like Iron Fist.

Top Bottom