• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

HotHamBoy

Problem with 2v2 for me is that a lot of guys in our clan have much stronger cards than I do so I get pulled up and pit against opponents that destroy my cards at their current level.

When I go Quick Match 2v2 I get placed in more balanced matches but partners either make terrible plays or DC.

Brakke

Banned
I think a lot of people in challenge put together decks specifically to counter Mega Knight. I know I did. WIll be curious to face him "in the wild".

I'd take him in 2v2 probably.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Got 10 wins twice and 11 once. So frustrating. I'm done. Gave it a nice effort at least.

Good news is after playing with and against the MK a decent amount I think my spell bait deck can handle him. I was worried. I basically ran it but substituted the ice spirit for the MK.

Got 10 wins twice and 11 once. So frustrating. I'm done. Gave it a nice effort at least.

Good news is after playing with and against the MK a decent amount I think my spell bait deck can handle him. I was worried. I basically ran it but substituted the ice spirit for the MK.

What was your deck for the challnge?

Cooter

What was your deck for the challnge?
My normal log bait deck but with a Mega Knight swapped for an Ice Spirit.

Princess
Goblin Barrel
Goblin Gang
Knight
Log
Inferno Tower
Rocket
Mega Knight.

The majority of decks I saw were some variation of MK, Pekka, EW, Bandit. Inferno Dragon was also very popular. They would start a push and I would throw a GB. Then wait, place a Princess behind the tower, drop the IT, and disctract with Knight and GG. I usually only dropped the MK once a game on my side of the bridge. When he cleaned up the Ewhiz and Bandit I would throw the GB as he crossed the bridge for big time damage. Took a lot of games that way but I mostly chipped with the GB, forcing them to react with support troops, defend, repeat, and finish with rocket. My Inferno shredded huge pushes while the Knight, GG, and Log bought it enough time to burn them to nothing. Princess in the back is key also for taking care of the bats and minions they'll send in an effort to distract the IT.

*This deck really only works if you are very comfortable and competent playing log bait. One mistake and you will most likely get 3 crowned.

5 day EDIT: What happened to our poor thread? :(

Damn, I got kicked from the clan. I missed a week because I had a kid last Wednesday. I was an Elder and never missed the requested weekly donations. Well until last week...

Brakke

Banned
Congrats!

Which clan? NeoGAF, #20Y9PQ is full but has at least two alt accounts right now, which I think would bow out to make room.

Damn, I got kicked from the clan. I missed a week because I had a kid last Wednesday. I was an Elder and never missed the requested weekly donations. Well until last week...

Messaged you, I'm double checking but I think we have an inactive member.

Should be able to send you an invite in a few hours. We are fairly active and generally hit the 10 clan chest with no bother. One of the OG clash clans I think.

Alur

If anyone still needs a GAF home we can always make room in GAF Royale (#Q8C9CY). We're one of the originals, and there's some alts we can replace if needed.

In other news, not sure which of you folks are/were in the Brawl Stars GAF clan, but there was a big update yesterday. Two new brawlers (Tara, Pam), better shop offers, some heroes changed cost and rarity, and the ladder play and climbing has been improved.

For example: in the past at level 8 plus with a brawler you were basically breaking even in trophies gain per win/loss which is rough in such a team based game. Now you're gaining 5 and losing 2 up to level 10 from what I've tested. Not sure where it drops to 4, and then to 3 and so forth, but it's much easier to climb with brawlers you've played to 100+ trophies now.

If anyone still needs a GAF home we can always make room in GAF Royale (#Q8C9CY). We're one of the originals, and there's some alts we can replace if needed.

In other news, not sure which of you folks are/were in the Brawl Stars GAF clan, but there was a big update yesterday. Two new brawlers (Tara, Pam), better shop offers, some heroes changed cost and rarity, and the ladder play and climbing has been improved.

For example: in the past at level 8 plus with a brawler you were basically breaking even in trophies gain per win/loss which is rough in such a team based game. Now you're gaining 5 and losing 2 up to level 10 from what I've tested. Not sure where it drops to 4, and then to 3 and so forth, but it's much easier to climb with brawlers you've played to 100+ trophies now.
Android yet?

pdk27

So I just learned that getting nine wins in the Mega Knight Challenge doesn't guarantee you a Mega Knight. Got a log. Haha.

Yup. At first I thought this was Supercell trying to get more people into MegaKnight giving them, but no. Is a chllagenge just featuring him lol

If you want a hot take

Theyre doing targeted sales now. I had an offer for a giant chest with 28 guaranteed fireballs, and I asked my clan and I was the only one that got it. Its funny because Ive only been requesting fireballs for the last two weeks or so.

So yeah. Thats a thing.

Cooter

If you want a hot take

Theyre doing targeted sales now. I had an offer for a giant chest with 28 guaranteed fireballs, and I asked my clan and I was the only one that got it. Its funny because Ive only been requesting fireballs for the last two weeks or so.

So yeah. Thats a thing.
I got one for IT. Ended up getting 80+

Alur

If you want a hot take

So yeah. Thats a thing.

Yep I got it about 5-7 days ago for Fireballs too. 3 giant chests in the offer, ended up with around 130ish fireballs from it altogether. Was a nice boost since I'm still working on 9 >> 10.

I also had it, but didn't bite.

Also, got a Bandit from the last Clan Chest and an Inferno Dragon from a Magical Chest. Bandit works in my Golem Deck so far, but haven't tried that much

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can someone tell me why you would ever pump in front of your king tower? I watch Nickatnyte and he always pumps in front first, then he inevitably gets fireballed and then has to remind himself to pump in the back. Isn't pumping in the back always better as long as it's not in the same corner that the enemy is already attacking?

Can someone tell me why you would ever pump in front of your king tower? I watch Nickatnyte and he always pumps in front first, then he inevitably gets fireballed and then has to remind himself to pump in the back. Isn't pumping in the back always better as long as it's not in the same corner that the enemy is already attacking?

I always pump in the front first in case they have Rocket, in which case they get no tower damage.

JoeNut

UK yet?

Brakke

Banned
#20Y9PQ is full and it looks like everyone has donations this week. I mentioned you’re looking for a clan in our chat, maybe someone will sacrifice an alt account for you.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just having one of those days...

Gold chest, and flying challenge chest, which I failed miserably at (went like 5-3).

m7thr0x.png
mJZf5Rw.png

edit: wow any f2p players ever get 3 legendaries in one day? Thanks clan chest!

Agent

I got to 8 wins on the free entry for the Flying Machine challenge. I was able to get it to tournament standard with some chests I had saved up. Seems like a pretty underwhelming card overall though to be honest. Not sure why you would use it over something like Mega Minion or Baby Dragon. You don't see it much on the top 200 leader board, but I also would attribute that to the season ending soon so people being stuck to their meta deck to stay there.

Hopefully we'll start hearing about the big October update soon so I have a reason to play the game more. I haven't touched ladder since the end of last season and I only fire up 2v2 once in a blue moon now.

I also got a Log from a Gold chest, and a Bandit from my crown chest in another account. Been upgrading cards, so I play solo every once in a while

I think Flying Machine is pretty good, I like having a long ranged flying troop. Sadly is too frail, but I like it

Cooter

Any clan here interested in a mixed GAF tourney? I think it'd be a blast to bring two NeoGAF clans together in a battle for GAF supremacy. Pretty sure we'll get a good turn out from us over at NeoGAF. Float it in chat and let's do this! Maybe shoot for this weekend?

Hey guys, I took my phone for a swim last weekend and have no idea when I'm getting a replacement (it should be within a week or two).

Does anyone know if I've lost my Clash Royale progress entirely if I don't have access to my phone any more? I never played it on another device.

Top Bottom