• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

rpbtz

Not too worried about this given the speed they're going with Street Fighter. Can't believe they still haven't given info on it. Been waiting for forever for that and the non-picture Mega Man collection.

Spacelab9 announced that its expected to release late-September/early-October, so the Mega Man one can't be too far away.

If Bravewave numbers their generation series, I'm totally fucked.

With Data-Discs, I'm probably all-in sequentially until the first non-Sega title.

Other than the stuff that's been confirmed, I'd love to see some Spencer Nielsen's Ecco the Dolphin stuff, Howard Drossin's Comix Zone stuff, and Jon Holland's Vectorman stuff. Dunno if they're interested in Western Sega games and composers tho.

FUCK. God damn if this came out I would buy about 1000 copies.

Also: Sonic CD Double Set - one vinyl of US music, one vinyl of EU/JP music. DO IT (Wouldn't mind Sonic 1-3K either, but I know Sonic 1/2 music releases are weird because Dreams Come True's lead owns the music or whatever, thus why it took 20+ years for an official OST release)

JLynn

I'm surprised that there's no public plans for a Best of Zuntata LP.

Would love to get a remastered Daddy Mark/Mulk.

NekoFever

I wish the LEs had slightly different covers.
It's quite annoying because all the versions are totally identical from the outside. I bought two copies of Shenmue because I'm a huge fan - black for playing and LE to keep sealed for my collection of memorabilia - and had to flip a coin on which one to open. I ended up opening the LE, naturally -_-

It's quite annoying because all the versions are totally identical from the outside. I bought two copies of Shenmue because I'm a huge fan - black for playing and LE to keep sealed for my collection of memorabilia - and had to flip a coin on which one to open. I ended up opening the LE, naturally -_-

Look on the bright side; if you never opened it, how would you know you ever had the LE in the first place?

Bane

Shinobi looks gorgeous and is tempting but, while it's a great score the SoR ones are just on a different level and special to me. In general I only like a small amount of Genesis music but those are really just a huge leap forward for game music and deserve a special release like this more than any other from the console.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make it however, more power to those of you wanting this (and there's still a chance I get it myself). I do wish the gap between the SoR releases wasn't so long though.

Still no info on Mega Man or Street Fighter, eh? *waiting intensifies*

And who's dicks do I gotta suck to get FFIX and Persona 4 Golden pressed?

Portman

I'm in the same boat with the Streets of Rage one. I was going to ask if there was a way to tell them apart since they said that they will be reprinting the red one so I was going to try to keep the black one sealed.

Look on the bright side; if you never opened it, how would you know you ever had the LE in the first place?

True and that makes sense sine they didn't differentiate them from the outside. Makes me wonder how they packaged them for shipment without mixing them up? I guess they came in separate boxes of each type.

Hmm now that I think about it I guess I'm crazy trying to keep the spare one sealed up. Might as well open it (and some of my other ones like Bioshock 2) to listen to them since I'll feel crazy if I buy everything just to hoard it instead of playing them.

rpbtz

So first thing I'm going to need is a turntable. Can anyone recommend a good entry level one? I was looking at this Orbit.

Audio Technica LP60 is a good first turntable. I've never heard of the one you linked, but that's not saying it isn't a good one.

The Orbit is your best bet here. It's the cheapest new turntable you should consider imo. Only reason to go cheaper is if you find some nice vintage stuff.

I don't want to come of as an ass and I'll happily explain myself as to why I don't like the LP60 (or many of the similar models around $100), but I don't want this thread to go too much in the heavy equipment discussion-direction either as it can often be very opinionated - and not always in the good way.

If anyone's looking for new equipment feel free to send me a PM for recommendations or explanations as to what you should look for in a turntable - new or vintage.

I've been thinking about turning a corner of my garage into a beer hangout for fall/winter and stole the idea of having a record player from the last brewery I went to.

I have some old Gemini direct drive tables from when I thought I could be a DJ back in 99/00, but they are in a bit of disarray. After seeing the cost of a new cartridge and mat, I figured I could spend a little extra and just buy an LP60 (and if I stick with this, I'll upgrade that to something more longterm).

So that, some decent (nice?) speakers and Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet should be here within the week.

I freaked out thinking I missed the Streets of Rage release, but saw it was coming back.

And seeing Streets of Rage 2 announced can only mean the true master, Streets of Rage 3, can't be far behind.

rpbtz

Ship To Shore Phono Co. just posted the following screenshot from a vgm soundtrack they're working on. Looks like we're getting the Axiom Verge OST on vinyl!

12065660_425661404291637_3829582878367798796_n.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for spamming...

Wipeout 3 OST never made it to 12".

And the Sasha - Xpander EP doesn't include his other tracks he made for the game (ima still buy it tho).

robotrock

Banned
Ship To Shore Phono Co. just posted the following screenshot from a vgm soundtrack they're working on. Looks like we're getting the Axiom Verge OST on vinyl!

12065660_425661404291637_3829582878367798796_n.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for spamming...

Don't apologize, this is the greatest news I've heard all day!

I listened to a little of that Axiom Verge soundtrack and that should be a good buy.

I would imagine details on the Streets of Rage 2 reprint are sparse, but if they restock at the same places, which was the best/cheapest option for US?

I listened to a little of that Axiom Verge soundtrack and that should be a good buy.

I would imagine details on the Streets of Rage 2 reprint are sparse, but if they restock at the same places, which was the best/cheapest option for US?

Mondo would be the cheapest for USA due to shipping cost.

I spent about $400 today, yikes.

This should cover me for a while (and there's two video game related 12"s in there, so I'm not completely off-topic).

Gear:
Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Stereo Turntable System, Silver
Mackie CR4 LTD Limited Edition 4" Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors

^ (if anybody can hit me up on the speakers, hoping I made a good choice).

Media:
Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet
Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts
Bis - Return to Central
Bis - Data Panik Etcetera
Johnny Cash - American VI: Ain't no Grave
Fluke - Atom Bomb
Sasha - Xpander

I have two milk crates full of 1998-2003 trance, mostly singles, obvs, but there are a few albums in there.

I look forward to being a part of this thread (and getting mad at what I end up spending by subbing to it).

Mondo would be the cheapest for USA due to shipping cost.
Thank you, good sir.

Chinner

Banned
I spent about $400 today, yikes.

This should cover me for a while (and there's two video game related 12"s in there, so I'm not completely off-topic).

Gear:
Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Stereo Turntable System, Silver
Mackie CR4 LTD Limited Edition 4" Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors

^ (if anybody can hit me up on the speakers, hoping I made a good choice).

Media:
Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet
Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts
Bis - Return to Central
Bis - Data Panik Etcetera
Johnny Cash - American VI: Ain't no Grave
Fluke - Atom Bomb
Sasha - Xpander

I have two milk crates full of 1998-2003 trance, mostly singles, obvs, but there are a few albums in there.

I look forward to being a part of this thread (and getting mad at what I end up spending by subbing to it).

Thank you, good sir.

welcome to a great and otherwise expensive hobby!

spadge

I've been following this thread for a while but not posted anything, so I figured It's about time I contribute.

My Game OST collection so far:

M.O.O.N. EPs (Hotline Miami)
Hohokum
Blood Dragon
Persona 4 Arena
Scott Pilgrim The Game
Halo Anniversary
Metal Gear Rising

For my audio gear, I'm using a Project Debut 2 (which makes a really nice budget turntable), hooked up to an Onkyo TX-NR626 surround receiver.
Using B&W DM601 S3 L + R speakers, B&W LCR600 S3 center, and Wharfdale Diamond 9.0's as surrounds.
This set up works great for both games and music. Bought the B&W's recently and they sound great.

I'd love some of the stuff Iam8bit is producing, but I'm in the UK and the shipping and potential import tax is putting me off. Same goes for the Mother 2 Vinyl, but I think I may jump on that because it looks fantastic. Starcraft 2 OST is also on my wishlist.

Shane

Vinyl is great. I love the ritual of it as a whole.

Splatterhouse 2, please.

True and that makes sense sine they didn't differentiate them from the outside. Makes me wonder how they packaged them for shipment without mixing them up? I guess they came in separate boxes of each type.

The pressing plant would have labelled them on each box.

As they (the label) want to discourage scalpers it'd make sense for the 'ltd' one to be less obvious or only known when opened.

rpbtz

I'd love some of the stuff Iam8bit is producing, but I'm in the UK and the shipping and potential import tax is putting me off. Same goes for the Mother 2 Vinyl, but I think I may jump on that because it looks fantastic. Starcraft 2 OST is also on my wishlist.

This Amazon seller is selling the Starcraft 2 OST for $40: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008XCW5RI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Not exactly cheap and might still be subject to import tax, but it's the only place I've seen it for sale so far.

EDIT: This eBay seller might actually be a little cheaper: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Starcraft-I...lizzard-NEW-/331662319717?hash=item4d389d6065

He wasn't around last I looked at this.

spadge

This Amazon seller is selling the Starcraft 2 OST for $40: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008XCW5RI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Not exactly cheap and might still be subject to import tax, but it's the only place I've seen it for sale so far.

EDIT: This eBay seller might actually be a little cheaper: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Starcraft-I...lizzard-NEW-/331662319717?hash=item4d389d6065

He wasn't around last I looked at this.

I'd seen the one on Amazon but hadn't noticed the ebay seller. Thanks!

TedMilk

Ecco 1 & 2, Toejam & Earl 1 & 2, Sonic 1, 2 & 3&K would be ULTIMATE!

Also Descent 1 & 2 (Redbook & FM soundtracks) would be amazeballs (Descent 2 had better have the EU boxart on the front though!).

rpbtz

Data Discs site is back up with the new listings (although nothing for sale yet). They've added some mockups on how the records will look - and they look nice.

Vinyl_colours_only_1024x1024.jpg

Vinyl_colours_1024x1024.jpg

shandy706

Right now I only have Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, and Bioshock 2.

I'd love that Shenmue Vinyl!

Is it a product that's easily available, or is it an LE?

Is there a site that specializes in video game Vinyls?

I also wanted that Rareware one they had recently. Can't remember what it was called.

Right now I only have Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, and Bioshock 2.

I'd love that Shenmue Vinyl!

Is it a product that's easily available, or is it an LE?

Is there a site that specializes in video game Vinyls?

I also wanted that Rareware one they had recently. Can't remember what it was called.

Reprint coming on shenmue.

Check OP for links on sites with collections :D

Top Bottom