• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck is ape escape 3 at? (Furthermore, where are the psone classics?)

Why does everyone push Sanzaru to do Jak/Ape Escape so much? Cause they did Sly 4? That sounds bit silly.

Ape Escape 3 situation is weird, since wasnt there some trademark that suggested PS2 classic coming up? I suppose there is a block in that case since there is Konami stuff involved and they dont want to ruin the game By removing that.

I'm not hating on the other soundtracks. But saying Ape Escape 2 sucks because of its soundtrack is just silly.

that's why i said it's not just because of the OST, if you want more reason here you go

first set up isn't really interesting, the first game is about time travel and the third is about video media what is the second game about? is it world traveling because that just sound like a less interesting time travel

next none of the new gadgets in 2 do anything for me and while the Morph Gear is pretty basic at times, it's much more fun to use that any of the new gadgets 2 introduced

finally to keep thing short i just find ape escape 2 to be quite bland as that is not much interesting about it compared to the 1 and 3, just what i think that is all

also Yumi is the best main protagonist and ape escape 3 has the best minigame of the whole series Mesal Gear Solid

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
I'm qouting the guy that posted AE2 tracks and said that they aren't "bad" but that it's not on the level of Soichi Terada, and then I posted some of his AE3 tracks to further my point. Not sure where the confusion is?

Oh. Oh man, I'm sorry. I totally misread that.

Akainu

Oh. Oh man, I'm sorry. I totally misread that.

image.php

Want a hd collection so bad.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
WHERE ARE PSONE CLASSICS ON PS4, SONY?!

��

The lack of all three jaks coming out simultaneously is a bit weird as well

Since this thread is only a few days old, I'd like to bump an interesting fact. Even the huge PSOne classic releases were over a pretty long period of time.

For NA:

Crash 1: 2006
Spyro 1: 2007
Crash 2 & 3: 2008
Spyro 2 & 3: 2009
CTR: 2010

That's right, CTR was released on PSN roughly 4 years after the first Crash. Wonder what the licensing situation must have been for those given their unique history, and I wonder if it was sorted out all at once or with each individual game.

Anyway, that long wait is for games which are backwards compatible on any PS3 (every PS3 can play PS1 games via the built-in emulator) from day 1.

So the amount of time PS2 and on PS4 is taking is not that surprising. The emulator wasn't built into the system day 1, along with the resulting loss of backwards compatibility, which is a very bad thing. When you throw in mandatory trophy support, which is good but may take some effort, it's not that surprising.

This isn't out of the ordinary for Sony. I could totally see Ape Escape 3 and Legaia 2 (rated over a year ago in Europe) coming later...assuming any issue with Konami regarding Ape Escape 3 is sorted.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Shame it's not the same as actual, real , physical BC. 2nd rate consolation prize. Not a decent alternative. (Regarding PS2 entry on subsequent PS3 versions.)

At least they kept the PS1 BC on every PS3 though.

Shame that Sony stopped with all BC after PS3 though. :(

At least they kept the PS1 BC on every PS3 though.

Shame that Sony stopped with all BC after PS3 though. :(

It'll never stop not stinging. I don't understand why they can't release a limited, more expensive, bigger model/sku for their demo that actually cares about this and finds their modern "alternative solutions" to be flimsy, inadequate offers.

kc44135

It'll never stop not stinging. I don't understand why they can't release a limited, more expensive, bigger model/sku for their demo that actually cares about this and finds their modern "alternative solutions" to be flimsy, inadequate offers.

I would love this, and it's an idea I've heard floated around before, too. I mean, if they can release a more expensive PS4 with 4K capabilities for the folks that want that, why can't they release a premium "all-in-one" PlayStation for the folks that want that? I really don't get it. I guess maybe they want people to subscribe to PSNOW, but that service (at least as it stands, currently) is garbage, with compressed, ugly visuals and extreme input latency. Oh, and no PS1 or PS2 games at all. Yeah, no thanks, Sony.

Also, please, no one say "just buy/keep your PS3". I've gone through like four of those things now. They just aren't built to last, and probably won't have their online services supported forever either. I mean, imagine when we no longer have the ability to get updates, DLC, patches, or redownload games... Once Sony decides to pull the plug on PSN for PS3, that thing may as well be a brick with a power cable.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Jim Ryan accurately sums up why there aren't more BC titles:

"When we've dabbled with backwards compatibility, I can say it is one of those features that is much requested, but not actually used much," Sony's head of global sales Jim Ryan said this week to Time.

Understandable enough, but then he goes on: "That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games," he continued, "and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?"

http://time.com/4804768/playstation-4-ps4-pro-psvr-sales/

BigEmil

Likely because Ape Escape 3 includes Mesal (Metal) Gear Solid: Snake Escape minigame of Konami and Konami preventing release of this game on PS4...
Otherwise there's no other explainable reason why it's not out yet...

In 2015 December it was rated on ESRB rating board along with Siren, Primal, Wild Arms 3 and all of those already released except Ape Escape 3

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/esrb-rates-wild-arms-3-siren-primal-okage-ape-escape-3-ps4

Then in December 2016 it got rated again in PEGI rating board but still nothing yet

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=Ape+escape+3

latest

hqdefault.jpg

https://youtu.be/d-iOdIuPLMA

Top Bottom