• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump introduces his plan for a Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement-Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in this thread I asked for it's eventual guidelines instead of that vague, super racist mission statement.

Are there enforcement guidelines? Like, at all? Or is this just pure racism, the branch?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
....and some ppl still think some of us are upset because he won and Hillary lost.......

wtf.

A whole agency eh Trump?

ICE, DHS isnt enough huh...

Ah here we go
Mission Statement

With honor and integrity, we will support victims of crimes committed by criminal aliens through access to information and resources.

Objectives

Use a victim-centered approach to acknowledge and support immigration crime victims and their families.
Promote awareness of rights and services available to immigration crime victims.
Build collaborative partnerships with community stakeholders assisting immigration crime victims.
Provide quarterly reports studying the effects of the victimization by criminal aliens present in the United States.
The men and women comprising the VOICE Office will be guided by a singular, straightforward mission – to ensure victims and their families have access to releasable information about a perpetrator and to offer assistance explaining the immigration removal process. ICE wants to ensure those victimized by criminal aliens feel heard, seen and supported.

Types of Support Available

Dedicated toll-free VOICE Hotline to answer questions from victims (1-855-48-VOICE).
*This is not a hotline to report crime. To report crime, please contact your local law enforcement agency or call 1-866-DHS-2-ICE.
Assistance signing-up to receive automated custody status information about an alien in custody (DHS-VINE);
Additional criminal or immigration history may be available about an alien to victims or their families;
Local contacts to help with unique victims’ requests, and
Access to skilled social science professionals available to refer victims to appropriate services.
Who can VOICE help?

A victim of crime(s);
A witness of crime(s);
An individual with a legal responsibility to act on behalf of a victim or witness (e.g., attorneys, parents, legal guardians, etc.); or
Individuals acting at the request of a victim or witness.

So yeah.

SUPER racist and not a lot else.

It's also super redundant.

It's basically the "kick whatever LA immigrant you hate in your neighborhood out" department.

God I feel gross just reading it.

WedgeX

Banned
....and some ppl still think some of us are upset because he won and Hillary lost.......

wtf.

A whole agency eh Trump?

ICE, DHS isnt enough huh...

Getting rid of EPA, USAID, AmeriCorps, and PBS.

Replaced with VICE-A. And more missiles.

This is gross

Say I get attacked by someone. How am I supposed to know they're an immigrant (legal or otherwise)?? Why don't I just, ya know...call the cops and file a report????

cakely

Disgusting racist propaganda created by the orange shitstain.

At least this thread got rid of another burner troll account.

This is gross

Say I get attacked by someone. How am I supposed to know they're an immigrant (legal or otherwise)?? Why don't I just, ya know...call the cops and file a report????

Definitely still do that. The only things this racist agency will do are compile data from law enforcement, create reports, and foster hate for immigrants.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll start sewing my armband with the Chinese flag I guess.

Maybe I should walk in the gutters as well.

subrock

So what happens when the country learms from this that illegal imigrant crimes arent as widespread as most racist think? Will donald trump call fake news from this unit he created? Or this unit will just exagerate numbers?
Republicans learning something? Now I've heard everything.

Trey

How do we get out of this cycle of bouncing back and forth between parties doing and undoing each other's work? How long can we keep this sort of instability up, I wonder?

What work did Obama undo from the Bush administration? I can only think of pulling out of the middle east, but that was more like cutting his losses than undoing foreign policy.

Wilsongt

This will be the agency that publicizes every immigrant crime, adding to the media's distortion field that immigrants commit more crime. It's an agency designed to ensure you never forget how dangerous immigrants are.

Disgusting.

"This individual jay walked so he was locked up and deported to Mexico. We are saving America from violent criminals!"

Shoeless

I wonder how they would react to an American born Latino, Black or Asian reporting that they were victimized by a British or Australian national.

Would that even "count?"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wonder how they would react to an American born Latino, Black or Asian reporting that they were victimized by a British or Australian national.

Would that even "count?"

No of course not. They're going to cherry pick the cases to provide maximum propaganda effect. This is basically state sponsored terrorism.

LakeEarth

Would that even "count?"

Hello? Yes I'd like to report a crime done by an immigrant!

"Yes of course, what country was he from?"

Finland .... Hello? Hello?

Nightbird

Honestly, you Americans should use this to report crimes done by non-immigrants as well.

Fuck their "only immigrants" agenda

geomon

aa-1984-two-minute-hate.jpg

Only a matter of time before this is reality. I hope all of us are prepared to fight it.

It's designed to be PR. "If your a victim call this department so we can trot you out to be a face against the evil foreign menace".

It's designed to be a racist distraction so as to keep the hatred for the president along ideological lines so the outer layers of his base doesn't bail due to the economy fucking them over or his ineptitude.

This is just the beginning. Step 1 - vilify and dehumanize, step 2 - cordon off and imprison, step 3 - after a period of slave labor forceably remove from country.

This is gross

There is a questionnaire included.

Q How to tell if the person who attacked you was an immigrant (and possibly illegal)?
A Was the person who attacked you white? If he wasnt then he was an immigrant, likely here illegally. Call your local VICE agents immediately.

ICO_SotC

He doesn't have to talk about the numbers. He'll just has to trot out one victim for every speech to tell their story and mourn the victim. That's it. That'll be enough to ramp up anti-immigrant sentiment in the absence of facts.

Unfortunately, this. Trump's handling of the Yemen raid went away as a story after Trump had the dead Navy SEAL's wife speak at his address to Congress.

The emotion of her speech ( which I don't question the validity or genuineness at all, to be clear) was apparently enough to make any further questioning of the raid unthinkable.

There's a certain kind of fuckhead that everything Trump is doing plays great with. Because Democrats are too lazy or too self-centered to vote in large enough numbers this is the only person he needs to play to, so that's what he's going to do.

Yeah. All this office does is try to make panic about illegal immigration.

Yeah. But at least it doesn't seem like it would be especially effective at it. Unless this is just an agency created to create and distribute shitty statistics about how "rampant" immigrant crime is. Shit, that's probably actually exactly what it is.

Wait.. so this agency is for victims of crimes committed by all immigrants, not just undocumented immigrants? Am i reading that right? Not even putting in an iota of effort to disguise the xenophobia and racism anymore, I see.

Okay I'm feeling dim from what I've read all it's doing is providing info to victims, but at the expense of helping those that are illegal. So it's literally doing nothing, but take resources away...

FyreWulff

Okay I'm feeling dim from what I've read all it's doing is providing info to victims, but at the expense of helping those that are illegal. So it's literally doing nothing, but take resources away...

It's the same tactic Hitler used against Jews. The nazis would publish all crimes commited by Jews in their own section of the paper each week, no matter how big or small the crime is, to portray them as a criminal segment of society, amplifying the propaganda they already had out.

Same thing here. Make a "immigrant crime" agency, to make it seem like immigrants commit a disproportionate amount of crime when they don't, because people will go "well, they have to have a whole agency dedicated to just tracking it!", it's a feedback loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom