• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Status Thread

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Dude, what the fuck am I paying for? This shit has been down more than not since Christmas.

Ark-AMN

Banned
urk said:
Dude, what the fuck am I paying for? This shit has been down more than not since Christmas.
I wish I could ask MS that in regards to their accessories like their $100 freaking dollar wireless adaptor :(

watership

Ark-AMN said:
I wish I could ask MS that in regards to their accessories like their $100 freaking dollar wireless adaptor :(

You can buy a wireless bridge instead. Much cheaper if only for a G network. However, for a wireless bridge adapter that supports A, B and G networks, the wireless adapter isn't that expensive.

Damn you Microsoft, at least now I know our money is not spent on better servers...

CiscoSystems.png

Tobor

I got burned last night. Some friends came over after the ball dropping, and we got some Rock Band going. We tried to download some new songs. FAIL!

:(

FFChris

Tobor said:
I got burned last night. Some friends came over after the ball dropping, and we got some Rock Band going. We tried to download some new songs. FAIL!

:(

MS owe you a decent party.

K' Dash

MMaRsu said:
It wont let me download an update so I can play the purchased Fahrenheit and Fable.

FUCKING XBOX LIVE

At least you will be able to play them, I just bought MGS2 Substance and didn't know it wasn't supported...

Have to wait now... wait....................

Dai Kaiju

urk said:

Maybe if you call MS, they'll refund you the dollar you've lost paying for this last week of live.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dai Kaiju said:
Maybe if you call MS, they'll refund you the dollar you've lost paying for this last week of live.

Is anyone this foolish enough to believe that's what people are upset about?

Here we are, in the largest holiday of the year, with days off from work and chances to party, and XBL is not only down but preventing users to do ANYTHING on the system, despite paying for a service that is supposed to prevent these kinds of things from happening. It's not the fact that the service costs pennies a day, it's the fact that MS has so far not communicated a thing to paying customers nor show any kind of effort other than "we're working hard to solve the problem" for the last week.

Online matchmaking and such being down is pretty shitty, but the real problem here is that tons of users can't even play the XBLArcade games they paid for. Everything is tied to the GamerTag, and if Live goes down you're basically shit out of luck to play anything you bought on their service.

StrikerObi said:
Online matchmaking and such being down is pretty shitty, but the real problem here is that tons of users can't even play the XBLArcade games they paid for. Everything is tied to the GamerTag, and if Live goes down you're basically shit out of luck to play anything you bought on their service.
that's what happens when you support overly restrictive DRM.

maybe this time people will complain?

maybe MS will do something?

maybe not...

Zabka

StrikerObi said:
You are only partially correct.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I've been able to play my XBLA games whenever. However, I've not tried to play online in a week or so, so I've missed this issue. I'm sure heads are going to roll over this fuck up.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Is anyone else getting fed up with Larry Hyrb's constant updates about how hard they are working and how much better the service is getting?

We don't give a crap, you shit-eating, back-slapping PR tool. Get it working 100% and then you can start celebrating. There's people here who can't do shit with their consoles online or off and the fact you can't go home to your family (yeah, right, I bet you can't) and that you're over the worst of it is of little consolation.

I don't know if anyone else is having issues, but I can't sign into my Zune software as well. Which means I can't sync most of my music cause it's on my Zune Pass.

watership

Burai said:
Is anyone else getting fed up with Larry Hyrb's constant updates about how hard they are working and how much better the service is getting?

We don't give a crap, you shit-eating, back-slapping PR tool. Get it working 100% and then you can start celebrating. There's people here who can't do shit with their consoles online or off and the fact you can't go home to your family (yeah, right, I bet you can't) and that you're over the worst of it is of little consolation.

You're a wonderful representation of humanity.

USD

GaryD said:
Yep can't get a game of CoD4 again
Yeah, everytime I get into a lobby it closes before the countdown finishes, if not before then.

The thing that pisses me off is the fastest solution to the XBL problem seems like it will be "wait a few days from now, when all the kiddies will be back in school."

h1nch

This seriously pisses me off. COD4 and XBL in general has been complete garbage since Christmas, obviously due to the influx of people getting new 360s and new copies of COD4 among other games.

If its a matter of the servers being overloaded (which I would assume is the most logical explanation) then all they have to do is deploy more servers, something that I know can be done extremely quickly. The fact that it hasn't gotten any better in a week (and I'd say its gotten worse) shows that Microsoft is lazy and probably counting on the fact that the load will go down once school starts back up. If this were a free service I wouldn't really complain but since we're paying a fee we should be getting a premium service. To my knowledge the PS3 COD4 players have not experienced anywhere close to the amount of issues 360 players have this past week. Its absolutely ridiculous.

Ark-AMN said:

They need to drop the price of that badly. Plenty of Sony fanboys at my workplace point out the price as a barrier..............and rightly so. I hate saying that I agree with them but MS is putting too many costs in front of the consumer and needs to make those costs negligible ASAP.

watership

Thread MUST be renamed to "Xbox Live Status thread: Yes, We know." Wouldn't you hate to work at Xbox Live and Limelight Networks this week?

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
They need to drop the price of that badly. Plenty of Sony fanboys at my workplace point out the price as a barrier..............and rightly so. I hate saying that I agree with them but MS is putting too many costs in front of the consumer and needs to make those costs negligible ASAP.
Yea, it really is ridiculous. So ridiculous that I took an hour or two messing around with the shared connection I had created between my laptop and 360 in order to get XBL to work perfectly. I also need to test my XBL connection everytime I turn on the 360 to get it to connect to XBL, for some strange reason. All this because I don't want to spend $100.

FFChris

Something must be seriously wrong with the system if it still can't cope with the amount of users after almost 2 weeks. I bet the sudden influx of users has exposed some big flaws in the design of XBL itself.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
You can get a $30 wireless bridge that does the same thing. You can also use rechargable batteries instead of the charge pack.

I think XBL Gold members should be compensated in some way for the service outages.

MarkMacD

MS should add any days where the service is down, for any part of the day (outside of routine servicing), to every membership term.

X26

Banned
Wanted to unwind with some COD4, nope, no go. Decided oh well and booted up Hexic, nope, no go. XBL is pure garbage (as of late)

And wow at those few defending this crap, fanboyism has its limits you know

USD

Well now it seems to be working normally, at least I can get into matches. But it's bound to fuck up again.

mosaic

go eat paint
Why are we complaining?! After all, the service is free! Right?

Right?!

Wait... nevermind. Well, crud. I gotta pay another fitty bux at the end of the month.

Slavik81

mosaic said:
Why are we complaining?! After all, the service is free! Right?

Right?!

Wait... nevermind. Well, crud. I gotta pay another fitty bux at the end of the month.
Oh so now you're complaining about the cost? It's 13 cents a day. They could make it 'free' so you don't have to complain by sending you a quarter or two in the mail.

Then you'd be perfectly happy, right? Or maybe you have a right to complain about a service whether you pay for it directly or not?

SPEA

Apparently Microsoft may compensate people for the down time.

According to The Bitbag, Microsoft will be compensating their Xbox LIVE Gold customers for the problems the service has been having over the holiday—somehow. An unnamed Microsoft contact told the site:

...we will definitely be doing something for our Gold members that weren't able to get online over the last week.

Subscriber rights to some sort of refund seem a little vague here, especially since Microsoft has said that the service isn't technically down. It's like if your satellite or cable was working, but the channels you actually wanted to watch weren't coming in—is that a full refund situation, since you only bought the subscription for those channels anyway? Or, since you can still watch HGTV and the 24-hour Oprah Channel...well, I think you get my wordy metaphor.

It's just a shame that LIVE is having so many problems during a time when people can actually play (with plenty of newly gifted games to boot.)
http://kotaku.com/339342/microsoft-to-compensate-customers-for-live-downtime

Top Bottom