• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Status Thread

Dai Kaiju

chubigans said:
Is anyone this foolish enough to believe that's what people are upset about?

Here we are, in the largest holiday of the year, with days off from work and chances to party, and XBL is not only down but preventing users to do ANYTHING on the system, despite paying for a service that is supposed to prevent these kinds of things from happening. It's not the fact that the service costs pennies a day, it's the fact that MS has so far not communicated a thing to paying customers nor show any kind of effort other than "we're working hard to solve the problem" for the last week.

What else do you expect them to do aside from "work hard on solving the problem?". Yes, it sucks...and yes, it's a horrible coincidence that it's down for the holidays. MS is pretty good about acknowledging when its customers get shafted though, and they often do something to make up for it.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Dai Kaiju said:
What else do you expect them to do aside from "work hard on solving the problem?". Yes, it sucks...and yes, it's a horrible coincidence that it's down for the holidays. MS is pretty good about acknowledging when its customers get shafted though, and they often do something to make up for it.

well, hopfully they do make up for it somehow. Its just when you pay $50 a year, for a service, you expect things to work. Now I know things happen, but it still sucks, and we still complain. I was planning to play online games with all my friends, and new ones that got 360's this holiday. Oh well. I guess I should just be grateful my xbox even works.

LowParry

Well I've managed to get logged in finally and play a few rounds of Gears of War. Let's see how long that lasts.

Jea Song said:
well, hopfully they do make up for it somehow. Its just when you pay $50 a year, for a service, you expect things to work. Now I know things happen, but it still sucks, and we still complain. I was planning to play online games with all my friends, and new ones that got 360's this holiday. Oh well. I guess I should just be grateful my xbox even works.

I pay for my cable and when it breaks, I have to wait for them to fix it. Then they refund my shit after it gets fixed. I don't see how a free PSN should somehow make me angrier.

Phthisis

Is Live down for anyone else right now? My membership re-upped last week, but they haven't charged me for it yet; that wouldn't affect anything, though, right? It should just demote me to silver if something was wrong.

I also tried to go to xbox.com to check and see if there were any status updates, but xbox.com seems to be down.

Am I the only one existing in the anti-Xbox bubble right now?

Aside from taking a few seconds too long to log in, pretty normal for me.

One issue I've had, and it might just be me. When I try to watch certain videos, All I get is a black screen with the sound continuing in the background, and I then can't do anything.

It just locks up the Xbox while continuing to play the video. I then have to turn off the Xbox altogether and it even struggles to do that. But it only happens with one or two videos and some xvids I try and play.

Very strange. Don't know if it's Live related though.

Duderz

Banned
I haven't been able to connect to the Marketplace for almost a month now - it keeps saying I can't connect to Windows Messenger or something like that.

I really need to call MS about it.

Top Bottom